10points 3.mq4 - page 204

robp:
Thanks. Is there ever an instance where v12 would have two positions on at the same time in opposite directions? I've been testing for three weeks and never seen that.

I've never done any hedge on V12 that you're using so far. It only exist in V12_Vantage. But I have not release it yet. Therefor, it will not open opposite direction orders.

Regards

David

hi robp,

sorry but i cant post my set files right now, because im not in front my computer where is test running.... but in general i wanted to try little bit different settings with v12 (trades in both directions & multipier 1.7)... but exactly what David has mentioned, it is not main puropose of V12 and i can do this with other verions of 10.points.3

I've been looking through other threads, and I was wondering how 10points3 differs from Terminator. Anybody know?

Ray

Differences

FutureMillionaire?:
I've been looking through other threads, and I was wondering how 10points3 differs from Terminator. Anybody know? Ray

There are probably more differences in coding than this but here are a couple of differences that I noticed.

There are several different options to use for direction selection, offering different indicator options.

It doesn't use the Dynamic Stop that we have become used to and as such can get away from you easily. There probably is some other stop loss but not if you use default settings.

It is very profitable but hasn't the ability to bail out as has V12 so if you are away when things go wrong you can be in deep trouble by the time you get back.

It was posted in the general forum and I was able to get a copy before it was removed. It is only available from the Elite section.

John

FutureMillionaire?:
I've been looking through other threads, and I was wondering how 10points3 differs from Terminator. Anybody know? Ray

Terminator with OpenOrderBasedOn=0, would be the same function as 10point3. Basically its a fully functional 10point3. And added feature for terminator is, it will close off all position when 1 of the TP hitted. This doesn't mean it close position on 1 pair only. It means that if you're trading with different currency pair, it will close off all other pair as well. The Terminator is being covered on the earlier post by grandpa. The performance is extraordinary, very impressive(until it hit the brick wall). The best performance for Terminator is using OpenOrderBasedOn=1 so far. Its based on Pivot indicator to open trade. The rest of the selection is support and resistance, rsi, rsi+stoch, rsi+stoch+mfi... seems doubled the funtion here.

Terminator V2, also known as DLMV1.1, is available at its owner's website http://www.elcactus.com . Building after 10point3 and MultilotScalper. Both these EA are already implemented in Terminator V2 for the function OpenOrderBasedOn=0 and 1. Hope this help

Regards

David

yeoeleven:

It was posted in the general forum and I was able to get a copy before it was removed. It is only available from the Elite section.

I'm a member of the Elite section, so that's not a problem. I just wondered whether is was worth looking at .. or whether 10points3 has evolved into a superior beast.

Ray

davidke20:
The performance is extraordinary, very impressive(until it hit the brick wall).

This is what I don't understand. If it's based on the same idea, how can it be so extraordinary? I thought the difference would be more subtle, in the entries .. and how it guards against that brick wall.

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
This is what I don't understand. If it's based on the same idea, how can it be so extraordinary? I thought the difference would be more subtle, in the entries.. and how it guards against that brick wall. Ray

Mate, you already have the answer. V12 is made for the purpose to serve your account these days. Now, I have something very precious to share with you:

10point3 - Basically work best with M30 chart, because it open trade based on MACD 14,26,9. You can see how MACD works on the chart. By using the 30minutes histogram, even manual trading can be profitable. If you see the current histogram bar completed higher compare to the previous bar, you go long; vice versa.

MultilotScalper - Only 1 line to define where is the heaven and hell. Yesterday (high+low+close)/3. Create a trendline on your chart based on the calculation. If market price above trendline, go long; vice versa. Now, with this, you can put the chart as daily chart. Try to imagine, if you start the EA right at the bottom of the trend, what is going to be. 1 daily chart candle stick on GBPUSD consistantly give you about 200pips, you're taking about all the sum amount of the day. Until the next trend change(that is the brick wall)

V12 - Based on 10point3. As simple as that. Close prior trend change. Every single minor detail are accounted. Even hourly trend change, we close and reverse. Extra function, only trade when hourly trend is change, after profit, no more position will be taking until the next signal come in. With Aggressive_Mode=false, no trading for the entire NY session.

RB26DETT(not release yet) - Based on multi indicator confirmation of trend reversal signal. Identify long term trend. Trade with trailing stop. Maximize profit on the initial trade. If false signal, open martingale position try to cover the false signal. Close with little profit or breakeven. With extra feature, remain V12 bail function, isolate trading time on NY, isolate continue trading for the previous signal(stay out when there is no new signal), suitable for standard, mini, even micro account on IBFX.

Hope this help

Regards

David

davidke20:
V12 - Based on 10point3. As simple as that. Close prior trend change.

But only when it hits TakeProfit? Or have I misunderstood the settings?

RB26DETT(not release yet) - Based on multi indicator confirmation of trend reversal signal. Identify long term trend. Trade with trailing stop. Maximize profit on the initial trade. If false signal, open martingale position try to cover the false signal. Close with little profit or breakeven. With extra feature, remain V12 bail function, isolate trading time on NY, isolate continue trading for the previous signal(stay out when there is no new signal), suitable for standard, mini, even micro account on IBFX.

Sounds the best of both worlds. Will you be posting this one?

V12 bail function

Another grey area for me. How and when does V12 bail?

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
How and when does V12 bail?

Breakeven to close off, seeing no chance for reversal(may be trade on the opposite direction, depends on the current indication). If you have Aggressive_Mode=true, after TP, continue on the current signal. That is the bad part on aggressive mode. Its not a bug, its greed<= human error. If you want a better direction, ofcourse Aggressive_Mode=false will give you clearer trading direcion(it will greatly reduce the current performance with a discount of about 70%). I'm not convenient to share too much stuff here, besides EX4 itself. I'm happy to have one third of the team helping me up. Meanwhile, I'm shutting down the vote. I'm discarding those two third of the cancer cell in my team. I'll call for the next recruitment shortly. RB26DETT is currently under internal revision by me and grandpa. We've got some problem, seems like the backtest tell a great lie. My computer hung, after restart, MT4 corrupted. I have it reinstall and redownloaded the history data. After the 2nd trial of the backtest on RB26DETT, it blew up the backtest. It shows totally different result compare to the previous posted backtest. I'm sorry for being delay... but hey, we want a better EA to work on the live account in the future, not the best curve fitting backtest monster, agree with me here?

Regards

David