10points 3.mq4 - page 172

FutureMillionaire?:
It happened again, whilst I was live online.... This was a live account, so I logged into the IBFX online chat. This was the conversation...

Chat InformationThank you for contacting us. The next available agent will be right with you. Our goal is quality service. You may tell us how we do today by clicking HERE.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Client Services 30'

Client Services 30: Hello, this is Jeffery. How may I help you?

you: I've currently got a trade on EURUSD. It's a sell, with a T/P of 1.3147. The price fell to 1.3142. Why didn't it trigger?

Client Services 30: If the spread was wide at the time it may not have triggered. let me look into that for you. one moment please.

you: I watched it go down to that level a second time, and the spread was normal then (I had the same thought)

you: It went to 1.3146 the second time

Client Services 30: can you tell what times you are looking at?

you: Now.... within the last hour

you: The previous candle on the M30 chart

Client Services 30: at 13:16 and 13:17 AM the spread was 6 pips

you: Ouch!

you: Why?

Client Services 30: I am not sure what the extra volatility was at that time.

you: OK Thanks.

6 pips has rather a detrimental effect on the EAs. I'm up to 6 trades on my 10points3 ... it's rather important that the move closes successfully. Needless to say, the price is now moving against me

Sad to hear that. It oftenly happened to all brokers with MT4 platform, except for CrownForex. But their volume sucks. And they dont allow scalping. Therefore, I'm still with InterbankFX. And has switched all my funds from NorthFinance to IBFX as well. So far no problem. Most of the live account still kicking.

Regards,

David

edited: By the way, are you talking about original 10point3? or V12?

davidke20:
edited: By the way, are you talking about original 10point3? or V12?

This is on my live, 10point3_dynamic_stop, account.

Mind you, I'm sorely tempted to put your V12 on a live account. I'm convinced that combination I mentioned earlier, (T/P=10, pips=20, multiplier=3), will work. The T/P=10 makes it easier to close a trade. My demo's not been going a day yet, and it's already up $114. Also, the risk is more manageable. With my live 10point3_dynamic_stop account, it could severely dent my account if this trade doesn't work. (it's already on the eighth trade )

Ray.

FutureMillionaire?:
This is on my live, 10point3_dynamic_stop, account.

Mind you, I'm sorely tempted to put your V12 on a live account. I'm convinced that combination I mentioned earlier, (T/P=10, pips=20, multiplier=3), will work. The T/P=10 makes it easier to close a trade. My demo's not been going a day yet, and it's already up $114. Also, the risk is more manageable. With my live 10point3_dynamic_stop account, it could severely dent my account if this trade doesn't work. (it's already on the eighth trade )

Ray.

LOL... are you sure you're gonna work with multiplier 3? LOL...LOL...LOL... then I suggest you dont do it on live. Put it on demo for a month, then you know what I mean. What's your account size again? On IBFX right? OK then, put it on the exact amount of your account size, demo with IBFX mini. Run it with your settings. You'll see a totally different picture from backtest. Anyway, I'm on going with V12_BiPolar, I havent get the ideal unhedge situation at the moment, but atleast the backtest show some result. Its builted based on 10point3 Hedge. If it works, I'm sure we're gonna have a safer ride compare to ordinary V1:D My plan is, V12 for high exposure trade with ultimate risk. Where BiPolar will be hedging our capital in order to keep the capital grow in minimum risk. 400% a year, not too bad though...:D Will post the backtest result by tomorow. I'm not in my office currently. Warn you 1 more time, dont do stupid thing with v12. But again, who am I to warn you?! LOL Stay safe mate

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Warn you 1 more time, dont do stupid thing with v12. But again, who am I to warn you?! LOL Stay safe mate

No, OK, I'll run it in demo for a while ... but I thought it would be safer than 10points3_dynamic_stop. It just came within 2 pips of wiping me out (and may still do so). I'm not sure my heart can stand this!

Ray

yeoeleven:
Combo

John,

In case you're interested, here's my mod1e statement. It really doesn't work on IBFX.

Ray

Black Monday

Today is a sad day. 10point3, 10point4_mode1, v12, 10point3 hedged are all losing badly today.

Even my almost_dead_micro account which gained nearly 50% increase last week, had to give it all back today.

How is your hedged version doing David?

FutureMillionaire - Max Trades = 4 (no protection), Pips = 20, TakeProfit = 10. Multiplier = 3.

I don't think these numbers will work from a pure mathematically perspective:

Price Lots Total Break-Even

1.9500 0.01 0.01 1.9500

-20 1.9480 0.03 0.04 1.9485

-40 1.9460 0.09 0.13 1.9468

-60 1.9440 0.27 0.40 1.9449

-80 1.9420 0.81 1.21 1.9430

-100 1.9400 2.43 3.64 1.9410

These do not include spread so even on the first level when you add 0.03 lots and then allow a spread of say 3pips, you are making 2 pips. All the rest and you are in negative territory so what's the point?

Not too black though

Surviving as usual. What need to be post? Seems must type in 10 words to make a post. For V12, I'll update you guys in few hours. Not dare to use remote access. Too much sensitive information. Never trust a trace route! Cheers.

Regards,

David

Files:
nf.gif  5 kb
nf.htm  100 kb

yeoeleven:
Well after reading all about the back testing results I suppose my forward testing must be a fluke.

In 10 days of trading this Combo account it has averaged $110 per day profit with very little in the way of risky situations.

I do not back test neither do I trust in backtesting results so you must forgive me if I still believe that this combination actually works.

Closed profit $1282.42 Floating loss $7.60

John

Hello everyone,

Now that I've read and studied every post (and all sub posts) in this thread beginning from #1, would like to say Hi and introduce my self to this thread. I understand that the offer to help forward test v12 has been closed but I am going to continue to watch and interact when possible and see if I can somehow still be of some use here. On a quick note, may I say that all rock especially davidke20 and yeoeleven, WHAT A TEAM!... thanks for being here!

As far as backtesting goes, everyone knows that backtesting is at best, a total fluke. It is completely unreliable and never should be taken seriously period.

cheers!

N2

BTW, my real name is Mark, I am 57 yrs old born and raised in the sunshine city and state of Phoenix Arizona... Hi All!

Maybe this article will help explain the problem.

The clip below is taken from an interview with Patrick Nouvion at http://www.mql4.com/search/backtesting.

1) Are we talking about backtesting forex or backtesting in general? If you ask simply regarding about Forex let me tell you that MetaStock backtesting is just plain useless. For the simple reason that their backtester can not enter a position in real time. What I mean is that MetaStock system tester can only use the open high low close of a bar as its entry and therefore its simulation, especially for Forex, is of little value. As you know within a 5 minute bar the price may have gone up and down 30 pips ...

cheers!

N2

FutureMillionaire?:
I really don't know.

I know what they say about backtesting, but I don't understand why it is unrealiable. I've been watching it, tick by tick, and it seems to do what it's supposed to. So why doesn't it produce the correct results?

I really want to believe your combination works. After seeing your results, I was on the point of putting it on my live account. I thought, even if they weren't too accurate, the tests would at least enable me to compare.

I suppose the only way to see how accurate they are, is to run a backtest over a period you have traded live ... and see how they compare.

.... by the way, your combination is doing well in my forward testing

Regards,

Ray.