10points 3.mq4 - page 143

yeoeleven:
Both are freely available so I have added them to this post for ease of location.

Broadband is fixed. I'm back in business!

I've got these two up and running now. I've just installed them without any tinkering. I've also put them on the same two pairs USDCHF M30 and EURUSD M30, until I have a chance to plough through the forum to read the posts. Is that right.

... Unfortunately, until these EA make my fortune, the day job is going to get in the way. Trying to find the time to read everything is a challenge.

Regards,

Ray.

I've got an eye on the calendar, as I intend switching off during NFP etc.

..... Isn't NFP the first Friday of every month? Why is it missing from the list this Friday?

News trading

FutureMillionaire?:
I've got an eye on the calendar, as I intend switching off during NFP etc. ..... Isn't NFP the first Friday of every month? Why is it missing from the list this Friday?

The NFP for March will be announced on Friday the 9th.

Talking about volatile news announcements and going back to the trading competition between myself and David there was another group of announcements which between them caused my account to hit the MaxTrades5 stop loss and they occur again this week.

USD GDP Annualized q/q (r)

USD GDP Deflator Annualized q/q (r)

USD Chicago PMI

USD New Home Sales

USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks

I have not given times because they will differ according to your own Time Zone but for me in Australia EST they occur between 11.30PM Wednesday night and 1.00AM Thursday morning.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?c=2&week=1172361600&do=displayweek&month=3&year=2007

and click on to the date at the top of the page to adjust the time to your own Time Zone.

Forewarned is forearmed and I will be closing down my martingale EAs prior to that time and reopening them a couple of hours after. I will turn off the EAs first then close down the trades. This month may be different to last but I will take a lesson from last month and avoid trading through that potentially volatile period.

John

Settings.

FutureMillionaire?:
Broadband is fixed. I'm back in business!

I've got these two up and running now. I've just installed them without any tinkering. I've also put them on the same two pairs USDCHF M30 and EURUSD M30, until I have a chance to plough through the forum to read the posts. Is that right.

... Unfortunately, until these EA make my fortune, the day job is going to get in the way. Trying to find the time to read everything is a challenge.

Regards,

Ray.

Ray,

In my Combo account GoblinFibo is on EURUSD and the 10point4 Mod1e on GBPUSD. For GoblinFibo I suggest using the Fibo=True setting and Mod1e has the stop loss set default 0 and I would definitely adjust that to your own comfort zone. The other main settings I would adjust to your previously tested levels.

As far as them making your fortune I really hope that they are profitable for you but the best EA is only as good as it's settings so I would look at them carefully also consider using only one pair for each EA they can get quickly into a margin situation especially with two pairs on two EAs.

John

Although this thread is only rated 3 stars, I like it!

This is make money fast, or die even faster! Cheers

Humax18:
Although this thread is only rated 3 stars, I like it! This is make money fast, or die even faster! Cheers

Well, its not funny. Running EA is just like manual trading when you seeing the EA opened up max trade and you keep on swetting just right before the EA bail with profit or hit the stop loss. I think its time for us to learn how to let go sometimes. I put RMI indicator on the original 10point3 running for more than 1 month, showing some promises on my sub account. Without looking at it and totally forgotton about this sub account until recently I checked my email statements figure out this.

Profit=10(Originally 15)

Pips=6

InitialStop=55

Regards,

David

Files:

Rel2

frantacech:
Only fibo version. Rel2 is my small bonus for all.

Thank you frantacech for your small bonus, I have been trading it since it was first posted with good result. Detailed statement and GIF attached below.

Using GBPUSD on H1 FXDD platform.

mrtools:
This version is more like the original 10 points 3 except the pipstep or the distance between orders is controlled by the volatility the more volatile conditions are the further apart the orders are. V2 the distance between orders is controlled by volatility and also the lotsize.Uses the same indicators as v2.

Enjoy

tools

ps) attaching backtesting for v2

I have had Vol Pro v1 on EURUSD and GBPUSD on H1 IBFX since posted but it has yet to enter a trade.

John

Files:
rel21.htm  11 kb
rel21.gif  5 kb

I have had Vol Pro v1 on EURUSD and GBPUSD on H1 IBFX since posted but it has yet to enter a trade. John

Hi John,

No trades here either had it on eur/usd since last night, I know in backtesting there was periods when there were no trades for a couple of days then when it trades it trades hard hoping that is the case here, this is the first I fwd. tested this so hoping this isn't a big dud.Have another version here without RMI also pipstep controlled by ATR.Might be interesting to test alongside RMI version.

tools

yeoeleven:

Forewarned is forearmed and I will be closing down my martingale EAs prior to that time and reopening them a couple of hours after. I will turn off the EAs first then close down the trades. This month may be different to last but I will take a lesson from last month and avoid trading through that potentially volatile period.

Thanks for the warning. I shall do the same.

I can't help wondering, however, that we need a certain amount of volatility to make the EA work. Today, for example, the EA has been running all day and made only $1 profit. (well, at least it's not a loss). I've got my MaxTrades set to 8. That would probably weather a fairly sizable move .... but I don't suppose I'd risk it.

As discussed earlier, I think it would make sense to trade another unrelated pair ... but all the pairs listed in the setup are USDpairs. Have you tried it with a non-USD pair? As it stands, it doesn't matter which pair you go for .. if the US has news ALL of them will be affected.

Ray

Other pairs

FutureMillionaire?:
Thanks for the warning. I shall do the same.

I can't help wondering, however, that we need a certain amount of volatility to make the EA work. Today, for example, the EA has been running all day and made only $1 profit. (well, at least it's not a loss). I've got my MaxTrades set to 8. That would probably weather a fairly sizable move .... but I don't suppose I'd risk it.

As discussed earlier, I think it would make sense to trade another unrelated pair ... but all the pairs listed in the setup are USDpairs. Have you tried it with a non-USD pair? As it stands, it doesn't matter which pair you go for .. if the US has news ALL of them will be affected.

Ray

Over the past 6 months I have forward tested many pairs other than the ones listed in the code. I have come to the conclusion that the more pairs under test gives the more opportunity to get involved in a MaxTrades loss so now I limit my testing to one pair per EA.

I would rather have a small profit consistantly than run the risk of a large loss we do need some price movement and even though yesterday was quiet my combo account gave $155 closed profit and a $49 floating loss. That added to last weeks result shows over $500 profit since I started the account.

There are only a few News Announcements that I consider important enough to close down the EA and the trade for and I agree that for the others the opening spike and subsequent retractions work very well for martingale EAs which thrive on choppy conditions.

John

Files:
combo4.htm  19 kb
combo4.gif  5 kb