10points 3.mq4 - page 88

"Now I get to see how long before it gets back to breakeven. My guess is 4 days."

Do you ever backtest?

Does ANYONE backtest here? I told you it doesn't make anything in the long run. Don't boast 50% in 5 days if its margin call that you get in a month.

i would say it will be horrible during trending

tf

Do you ever backtest?

Does ANYONE backtest here? I told you it doesn't make anything in the long run. Don't boast 50% in 5 days if its margin call that you get in a month.

As a matter of fact no. I forward test on demos only. I start an EA and let it run till the market moves 10-20 pips and then start the same EA on another screen and again wait till I have 4 of the same EA running. This tells me the difference that the timing makes on starting an EA. Currenly I run 7 different pairs on 4 screens. If I let it run for 2-3 weeks, I have a good idea of what to expect. I moniter it but don't shut it off or change the settings once I have started. That is 100% modeling quality. You can't get that with a backtest. You can tell me it doesn't make anything as long as you want. By running the EA and actually working with it, I learn to improve it and help myself and everybody else in the long run. So what if it doesn't work, the next time we will be a step closer, because we know what our mistakes are. And I'm sorry but do you get that from a backtest???

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still alive, have made some improvements/bug fixes and will have the new EA posted on Monday. Last Friday took some hits with the report at 8:30am. Some held their ground and others fell hard. I will post results on Monday for those.

mtaboneweb:
The magic number is used when checking the orders. It is set to something unique (any number you want) and then used with the Symbol to determine that you are looking at an order placed by the EA. Any other orders could be placed manually or otherwise but they would not have the magic number assigned by the EA.

As far as the 0.01 issue or orders going in the wrong direction, I will most definetly take a look. My demos all start with .1 so I will change and take a look at what it does. The EA does not close orders forcefully unless they drop below what is the known amount that should be opened. ConfirmedOrders is what is counted and ActualOrders is what the EA think there should be based on what it knows that it opened. If ConfirmedOrders is less the the EA closes all other open orders for that symbol because one or more orders closed for some reason. Either an order hit its TP or one or more hit its SL all all the others haven't been closed yet. When an order hits its TP then the order is closed by the software and then on the next tick when the EA fires (executes) it would notice that the ConfirmedOrders are less than ActualOrders (placed by the EA) and attempt to force a close on all other orders of that same pair with that same magic number if more than one order was opened. The only other time the account would close any order(s) is if they hit the SL designated which would be you max orders times the pips in between.

My computer went into hibernate again sometime last night but all the orders seem to be where they should be. We have had some power issues in our building this week so testing, hopefully, will not be to far off.

Here is the H4 TF results with all settings as they are by default...

Hi mtaboneweb,

Some positions were closed with loss, but do not know why they were closed. Seems they are not due to ST.

17411194 2006.12.08 19:59 buy 0.03 nzdjpym 79.96 78.77 80.34 2006.12.10 23:06 79.69 0.00 0.00 0.03 -0.70

17378055 2006.12.08 16:49 buy 0.01 nzdjpym 80.27 78.77 80.65 2006.12.10 23:06 79.68 0.00 0.00 0.01 -0.51

17401417 2006.12.08 17:30 buy 0.02 nzdjpym 80.11 78.77 80.49 2006.12.10 23:06 79.69 0.00 0.00 0.02 -0.73

I am testing with following setting.

extern double TakeProfit = 38; //Profit goal for the last order placed

extern int OrderSlippage = 5; //Number of Pips +/- an order price can be off when being placed

extern int MaxOrders = 10; //Maximum amount of orders to open

extern int Pips = 15; //Pip distance from the previous order if market goes against us

extern double LotsIncreaseBy = 1.6; //New orders will be the previous size times this amount

extern bool MoneyManagement = false;

In the code (For example, for Buy):

if (Bid = ActualTP || ConfirmedOrders < ActualOrders) {

OrderNeedsClosing();

}

I thought ActualSL and ActualTP are already set for each position, and the position will be automatically closed when TP is reached or ST is hit. Could you please explain why we need to use Bid = ActualTP to close the position?

Thanks for your work.

forex4syg

Terry French:
. I start an EA and let it run till the market moves 10-20 pips and then start the same EA on another screen and again wait till I have 4 of the same EA running. This tells me the difference that the timing makes on starting an EA. Currenly I run 7 different pairs on 4 screens. If I let it run for 2-3 weeks, I have a good idea of what to expect.

hi tf,

do you see TrendVal consistent on the different entry charts?

regards.

Can anyone kindly modify the code to use Elliot Wave as entry signal?

tf

azman818:
hi tf,

do you see TrendVal consistent on the different entry charts?

regards.

I just have the indicators in the indicators file and not on the charts, so I cannot answer your question.

10points3 Dynamic Stop

After the first days trading this week here are the results using M30 on the major pairs. EURUSD and GBPUSD both hit the .16 progression starting at .01.

My settings are below:-

TakeProfit=20.00000000

Lots=0.01000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=10.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=1

Magic=10201

John

Files:

TrendVal reliable?

Terry French:
I just have the indicators in the indicators file and not on the charts, so I cannot answer your question.

on your charts top left comments TrendVal, TrendType,...

TrendVal, do they vary substantially?