New Firebird EA - page 9

AlanD:
On another thread, PortlandPiper brought up an interesting observation and comment regarding EA execution at BID/ASK prices.

Quote:

"Hey guys, just perusing this and other threads. While all these magical EA's are exciting, I would like to know if anyone has seen work work in a live account. There are significant differences in the way demo and live accounts work (at least on Interbank). The advisors that make you a millionaire in a week ONLY work on demo accounts as they take advantage of a bug in that system, allowing you to buy at the bid and sell at the ask - your instantly profitable! I'm not suggesting that this one does the same, just weary of anything that sounds too good to be true."

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed the same regarding the Firebird EAs?

Alan

I think people wouldn't spend so much time with it if that was the case.

It's nice to fool a backtester for a day or 2 but then in becomes a waste of time. But you can check it for yourself in the trading logs. Trades should almost instantly take profit.

The reports posted here:

- have trades that last several days.

- sometimes have 50 pips profits. -> kinda much just exploiting sell/ask bugs

- have float problem that wouldn't exist if it was cheating.

So there is no cheating involved; but as I wrote often before it's unrealistic to expect 800 pips a day on a real account. I think we should be very happy if the EA makes 25% of what the demo results show.

TraderSeven,

Thanks for your insight. BTW, I was looking through some of you old posts to find out what your thoughts were on why a demo account using the exact same script and settings would perform better than a real account version. Given all things being equal, I would have thought the performance pretty similar. I am aware of brokers taking positions against a trader but not all brokers do this. With exception to this and possible trader intervention on the position, I would think that performance would be nearly identical.

Perhaps I'm missing something!?

Alan

AlanD:
On another thread, PortlandPiper brought up an interesting observation and comment regarding EA execution at BID/ASK prices.

Quote:

"Hey guys, just perusing this and other threads. While all these magical EA's are exciting, I would like to know if anyone has seen work work in a live account. There are significant differences in the way demo and live accounts work (at least on Interbank). The advisors that make you a millionaire in a week ONLY work on demo accounts as they take advantage of a bug in that system, allowing you to buy at the bid and sell at the ask - your instantly profitable! I'm not suggesting that this one does the same, just weary of anything that sounds too good to be true."

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed the same regarding the Firebird EAs?

Alan

Old news my friend. PIPMASTER marketed a MT3 program that did this. It is well known now that it does not work, and there have been many messages on this forum to make newbees aware that the program is bogus. I feel for the suckers that were taken on EBAY though. The brokerage firm fixed the problem on their live trade platform so this weakness would stop.

Dave <<<

kamyar:
hi thx for u r nice words.about my location just take a look at "location" at the right top side of my comments.

Bless your big heart. A new friend from Iran. You probably are hotter than we are in Houston, Texas. Glad to know you!

I appreciate your help on comparing statements next Tuesday evening. I would really like to get something dependable to where I can do other things beside mess with computers all day. There is much more to life than forex!! Next week when the markets open up, I will have the Firebird 1m going on the currencies you listed. A am anxious, yet a bit worried on how they compare. I need to find out what the minimum is to open an account at North Finance if I have to. Have a great weekend and enjoy life while we all still can.

Peace, Friendship and Good Health!

Dave

<<<

Dave,

Thanks for the information. My focus has been with reading board information for MT4.0 and not MT3.x. Glad to hear that it is a mute point now.

Alan

TraderSeven:
I assume you made a typing error....?

How much did the price on Northfinance goes past your TP?

And did it stay there for a little while?

Correction

At Northfinance : for pair eurusd

The pos is not auto close even the TP is already hit.Open pos at 1.2815 TP 1.2797

At Realtrader: for pair eurusd

The pos is auto close when the TP is hit.Open pos at 1.2814 TP 1.2796

I not sure whether it stay or not at NF.Now i get it because maybe i use a different version of firebird.

At NF = firebird v1.0a

At Realtrader = firebird v1.0c

Thanks

I have found that using another EA that made a profit on Demo, in real time orders do not get filled or there is slippage that erodes profit as the brokers cannot easily or instantly match buyers to sellers. This is not replecated in the demo with instant fills and no slippage. In reality in low liquidity or one way news driven markets orders cannot easily be matched. I suspect that in the real markets profits will be eroded but to what extent?

live is crazy

hello

i`m fx beginer

that is my first forward test...

that is midle or very well results for this strategy?

Files:

tommy:
hello

i`m fx beginer

that is my first forward test...

that is midle or very well results for this strategy?

what vergen of firebird?

editeddddd.........................