EuroX2.ex4 any comments? - page 8

I'm trying it...

I'll post this. I don't have exact figures because I'm so new to this but I'm still learning. I'm running it on a live account $300.00. The only problem with my test is due to my internect connection at the moment I'm not able to trade 24hrs so I've had to close some open positions for losses because of this. I did do some back testing testing and found that a slight change in the defaults, t/p 30 and trailing stop 25 seems to work very well. I've only been doing this since Sunday and this is my first live account, but I am in the positive about $17, and remember I am running a mini account and but it is live. But I will say this. Back testing, some forward testing and live trading have all shown me this, this EA works very well with GBP/USD. Most of the profit I've turned thus far has been from GBP/USD. But remember, I've VERY new to this, so I'd suggest doing your own testing and what not before anybody tries the GBP/USD.

drew

andrewpttsbrgh:
I'll post this. I don't have exact figures because I'm so new to this but I'm still learning. I'm running it on a live account $300.00. The only problem with my test is due to my internect connection at the moment I'm not able to trade 24hrs so I've had to close some open positions for losses because of this. I did do some back testing testing and found that a slight change in the defaults, t/p 30 and trailing stop 25 seems to work very well. I've only been doing this since Sunday and this is my first live account, but I am in the positive about $17, and remember I am running a mini account and but it is live. But I will say this. Back testing, some forward testing and live trading have all shown me this, this EA works very well with GBP/USD. Most of the profit I've turned thus far has been from GBP/USD. But remember, I've VERY new to this, so I'd suggest doing your own testing and what not before anybody tries the GBP/USD. drew

Just be extremely careful with this thing. It's designed for EURUSD. If you get into a counter-trend mode on one of those notorious cable spikes like the one back in mid Sept. of 200+ pips, you'll be wiped out in seconds with an account that size because this thing scalps and doubles up lots like a tazmanian devil.

Going GREAT so far.....

I've been running the stop loss version on a live account for 3 weeks as of today. Using a previous posters optimization values:

EUR/USD only.

H1 Chart.

Max Trades = 6

Pips = 3

Take Profit = 17

Trailing Stop = 4

Stop Loss = 100

Started with $250 deposit, on a mini account with 200:1 leverage. Current balance is $515.00. More than doubled the account in 3 weeks. Even with some self-inflicted losses due to manual intervention results are stellar. However, I do close positions and stop the EA during times of major USD economic releases, and will continue to do so (including Non-Farm Payroll tomorrow). Would suggest opening the account with $400.00 if you're going to use these values. Otherwise, you will run out of margin and will not be able to open the 6th position. I learned this the hard way, but this EA still kept on churning.

This EA sounds dumb. The lot size starts at 0.1 and then it double the lot size until you run out of money?!

if x is the number of successive wins, then it is bidding 2^x lots. A slightly better version would be increasing the percentage of the account so it can't attempt to buy more lots than you have money to order.

It sounds like your odds might be better on Craps tables in Vegas.

Attached is all of the string data from the executable file. This is good for getting some information out of compiled files. On line 35 you see the string pattern H=X^

and that is could be his money management function (present at 0000bc0 if you dump the hex values). If anyone reads the attached hex file and sees an indicator name, that might be a clue.

Sounds bogus to me. The file is only 4.2Kb anyway, I have small indicators several times that size. Maybe it is MACD with exponential money management? Just guessing, but whatever it is, this EA is simple and dumb. Adding a stop loss won't change that.

Files:

I have been working on news filters for EAs, but it would require source or to be designed to work with a filter beforehand. Closing before scheduled news events sounds like something most EA need and I've been working on it.

Yo daraknor.....

The max number of trades is configurable in this EA. You can adjust it to meet whatever margin your account can handle. It doesn't keep opening positions until you run out of money. You need to do more analysis.

stoploss

ok guys - I have the stop loss version and it is great - even in yesterdays jerk in the market for the USD/JPY pair, it did great and minimized the loss. If you have it test it out!

YupYup:
Dude what the hell? You cant sell other peoples EA's.

Well, that is exactly what the forex-soft seller has been doing with the EuroX2 EA!!

You people are so "BLACK and WHITE"! You fail to see the shades of GREY even when it is pointed out to you, like I did earlier in this thread when I inform everyone that this Euro X2 EA was nothing more than the freely available 10point3. EA.

So now, I am compelled to post the source code - it is not wrong for me to post it as the so called "seller" is making money out of someone else's work.

There is only 1 slight change in the EuroX2 EA which is different from the 10Point3 EA with the use of MacD, and the Forex-soft seller also changed some variable names.

Next time, if you don't know what you are talking about it is best just not to say anything and come out with these stupid statements as the one quoted above. And if you want to know about reverse engineering etc and software companies selling other peoples stuff, well just do some research on Microsoft - they have reversed engineered many software.....

The code is in the next post

Perhaps this is why the phantoms that sell this thing don't have any contact info on their web site.