EuroX2.ex4 any comments? - page 4

... the one thing i have noticed since i have been testing EA's.. is that they all need some adjusting. none of them work "straight" out of the box.. you have to backtest some.. and spend some time forward testing to get to know the capabilities. i think that yes, some of the websites that promote theses are very misleading.

Hi. Wow this thread is still alive! I came accross it when looking for more info on EuroX2 some time ago but then decided not to get it. However it looks like you are having some success with it. I'm looking forward to any forward test results you can get us.

I think what luckyargfx meant in his post was he doesn't have the EA that works live, he only has the demo one. Could you send us it ?

furious_angel:
... the one thing i have noticed since i have been testing EA's.. is that they all need some adjusting. none of them work "straight" out of the box.. you have to backtest some.. and spend some time forward testing to get to know the capabilities. i think that yes, some of the websites that promote theses are very misleading.

.. you cant edit it. if you go to the site you will see that it is a closed EA. you can adjust settings, but you can not alter the base program.

Ah I understand yes should have noticed that. Well the thing is the one on the website does not do forward testing - you can't attach it to a chart and get it to trade live. How do you do your forward testing?

furious_angel:
.. you cant edit it. if you go to the site you will see that it is a closed EA. you can adjust settings, but you can not alter the base program.

There is absolutely no support from the person selling this EA. There is also no information on the trading strategy. I had purchased the EA and in the end a refund was issued by the credit card processing company due to zero contact by the seller to resolve the dispute. *SO IF YOU BOUGHT THIS EA COMPLAIN TWICE AND YOU WILL BE ISSUED A REFUND*. If the EA was truly legit the person selling it would support it. I just see the "vendor" pop up on various forex sites typing the same marketing drivel and completely ignoring any questions, comments, etc. After a week of running it in a mini-accout it resulted in about $50 of profits then a loss of $300. There is no stop loss but the EA sold everything off a little past the $300 loss point. This was on 5 open trades. I have no idea what the trading strategy is other then going against the trend and opening trades every 5 pips until you hit your max trade setting (each new trade is doubled in size). I guess then the logic is to "hope" or maybe "pray" the price reverses itself until the last and largest trade is profitable and then it sells off the lesser sized and usually losing trades.

Mun:
Ah I understand yes should have noticed that. Well the thing is the one on the website does not do forward testing - you can't attach it to a chart and get it to trade live. How do you do your forward testing?

.hrrmm.. i have been able to attach the Ea to charts and have done a few weeks of forward testing on a demo account. you might want to check your settings and make sure that you have evrything turn on.

Furious Angel,

What has been the results of your forward testing to date? I have done tons of back testing on it and optimization but it still leads to small incremental profits followed by quite a big hit. Anyone else forward testing this as well? How about any insights into it's trading stragety?

Kiup00:
Furious Angel, What has been the results of your forward testing to date? I have done tons of back testing on it and optimization but it still leads to small incremental profits followed by quite a big hit. Anyone else forward testing this as well? How about any insights into it's trading stragety?

if you go to post # 18 in this thread you will find the pdf file i uploaded about the account profit/loss. i also have not continued to forward test this ea. i stopped testing it around the middle of august. let me know if there is any other questions you might have on this.

you people saved me $99 here.

if i hadn't come across this forum i would have bought the bloody things -

yes, even with no contact details on the website.

if you feel like giving it away for free i'll try to fiddle with it and put it on a demo euro/us.

bradman:
you people saved me $99 here.

if i hadn't come across this forum i would have bought the bloody things -

yes, even with no contact details on the website.

if you feel like giving it away for free i'll try to fiddle with it and put it on a demo euro/us.

.. well, i would e-mail it to those who would like to play with it.

...but a small donation would be needed. send me an email and we could work something out.