New Multi Lot Scalper - page 16

mrtools:
Attached is another version of ML1. Calling it Double Trouble, because I doubled up on VHF using 2 periods to confirm trend and using 2 timeframes to also confirm the trend also combined with Aaragorns mini version, backtesting on default settings had a profit factor of 2.53 for this year.The periods are adjustable and so are the timeframes.

Enjoy

mrtools

hi mrtools. tnx for this ea.

what time for ussing this ea is true?

regards.

Double Trouble

hi mrtools. tnx for this ea.

what time for ussing this ea is true?

regards

Hi Dorrtaj

Since I put this one together the market has been closed but I got the results posted on H1 timeframe(backtesting),did not try any other timeframe when backtesting.

Regards

mrtools

I really like this EA among all EA that i have tested before, as the drawdown very low. I think if you can make this EA to manage buy and sell orders, that would be perfect. When the EA having losing trades, instead of hitting stop loss ( major news ) put another engine to take care of buy/sell orders so the losing positions will be hedging.

abrs70:
I really like this EA among all EA that i have tested before, as the drawdown very low. I think if you can make this EA to manage buy and sell orders, that would be perfect. When the EA having losing trades, instead of hitting stop loss ( major news ) put another engine to take care of buy/sell orders so the losing positions will be hedging.

Copycat! Come up with an original idea for once!

bluto:
Copycat! Come up with an original idea for once!

yeah...anyway its david idea.... same idea but the entry rule is different

What is the history function ?

mrtools:
Attached is another version of ML1. Calling it Double Trouble, because I doubled up on VHF using 2 periods to confirm trend and using 2 timeframes to also confirm the trend also combined with Aaragorns mini version, backtesting on default settings had a profit factor of 2.53 for this year.The periods are adjustable and so are the timeframes.

Enjoy

mrtools

Hello Mrtools, thanks for your EA and good winter holidays.

When i compile your Ea i have the message "Function "history" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file".

I know i can compile it without the function but i wonder what is the function "history" and can i find it to have it in the exp-file ?

Thanks a lot if u answer me.

Last question : i can use EA with any timeframe without changing the cog2 and VHF timeframes ?

Double Trouble

Hello Mrtools, thanks for your EA and good winter holidays.

When i compile your Ea i have the message "Function "history" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file".

I know i can compile it without the function but i wonder what is the function "history" and can i find it to have it in the exp-file ?

Thanks a lot if u answer me.

Last question : i can use EA with any timeframe without changing the cog2 and VHF timeframes ?

Hi Cijas

The history error is part of the file write extension I think Araragorn added to this e.a. and I think it records and stores trade history this expert makes. It stores it in one of the files sections of metatrader, which if I am not mistaken you can pull it and use for your personal research.The E.A. will work on any timeframe,the cog2 timeframes you can change to whatever you find works best with the chart timeframe you prefer, also the VHF periods are the same way. So far on Cog2 timeframes 240, and M30, AND VHF periods 14 & 7 have worked best for me.

Attached is the original M1clone with the double features, with some backtest results, for some reason find it works best with COG2 timeframes at 240 and M30 and VHF Periods at 14 & 7 and Max trades 10.(this one I called plain old Double Trouble)

mrtools

tHANKS A LOT

Thanks to your answer

you cannot backtest the whole year...u must backtest for single month separately... assuming a trader just started to use your EA in december and see from there.... shocking!!! account got margin call...please backtest yourself... with your setting...its very dangerous...

thus please consider hedging in your EA

mrtools:
Hi Cijas

The history error is part of the file write extension I think Araragorn added to this e.a. and I think it records and stores trade history this expert makes. It stores it in one of the files sections of metatrader, which if I am not mistaken you can pull it and use for your personal research.The E.A. will work on any timeframe,the cog2 timeframes you can change to whatever you find works best with the chart timeframe you prefer, also the VHF periods are the same way. So far on Cog2 timeframes 240, and M30, AND VHF periods 14 & 7 have worked best for me.

Attached is the original M1clone with the double features, with some backtest results, for some reason find it works best with COG2 timeframes at 240 and M30 and VHF Periods at 14 & 7 and Max trades 10.(this one I called plain old Double Trouble)

mrtools

That is correct. The history function is basically a workaround to download the outcome of trades. Getting working data dump out of this EA is complicated by the fact that it places it's orders in series of varying numbers of orders and the fact that not all of these orders is closed by the code itself. Some of the orders close at t/p or s/l so the code never touches them for the closing event.

I wanted to know if each trade was a winner or a loser so I devised this function to dump the outcomes of the trades or in other words the order profit which is only knowable AFTER the trades has closed. this function therefore goes into the trade history and pulls out that information and writes it to the external data file. It does it at three or four incermental points. It's not a perfect solution to what I had hoped it to do but it worked sufficiently well for me to get the data I was looking for enough to deduce the win loss ratio of each position. All I really wanted was for the data to direct me as to which positions were best to leverage which is what I did with the lot sizing parts of the EA. This function is where I got the data to make those adjustments.

At this point now that that assessment is done it serves no useful purpose therefore it did not need to remain part of the working code of the program. It was easier to simply not reference it or call it after it had served it's purpose. I left it there because I typically leave functions I build laying around just in case I ever want to revisit them and cannibalize aspects of them for other things. It may be a little messy to leave these code snippets laying around but it hurts nothing of the function of the program and sometimes it helps me down the road.