Great EA in backtest! - page 50

Aaragorn:
wow, that's the ticket! 89% modeling and yes I used 1H chart and it didn't take forever to run in the tester either.

2005.09.09 03:42 $500.00

to

2006.09.22 13:59 $8,625,520.57

wouldn't I love to have it forward test as well!!

wonder how many times the tester will repeat this before it throws something different with the same settings?

I ran 2 over a year and got exact same %'s. I am running 3rd now with more risk.

but with 75% wins but there was news I got caught in for losses that I didn't have set for no news times.

edit: ahh you kept reverse index at 3.82. I'll try that.

_

my forward test on this is off to a great start...

I need to add that the first trade got short changed by me manually. When I started this last night I forgot that I was attaching in the 1M chart. I got out of bed when I remembered and changed it but it has already opened it's first trade. Since it opened this first trade from the one minute chart I didn't really want to allow it to play because I wanted to test the results on the 1H chart so I manually closed the trade. Had I not closed it manually it's pretty obvious from the chart that I can see this morning that it would have also won on the same scale as the others have so by manually closing it I missed winning about $1400 I reckon. c'est la vie.

So it's put $5760.50 in my account since last night when I started it. That's made up for about a weeks worth of losses testing the multilotscalper.

What I really like about this so far is the low drawdown. It may be almost time to test this in my live account. This could be the start of a merry christmas and a very happy new year.

Shahin:
_

I noticed that you withdrew your comment about the swap. Do you really think that the swap variable can account for 300% variances in testing or did you change your mind about it being the problem?

I have a problem getting my historical data to be used on my laptop. My desktop computer runs it fine but when I go to do the same thing on the laptop when I'm away from home...despite the fact that the data is there back to 2004 in the history center the strategy tester claims it has no data for testing. The other thing is that each time I open the platform after rebooting I have to reinstall the data. It will only save 128000 records and the data file is +717000 records. How do I get the full file to stay there and then get it to be available to the tester> I really wish I understood how this tester works.

wow I havn't used my live account for awhile....

it's still running build 195 of the platform...how do I update that?

secondly when I run the backtester on my live accout all I get in the journal is

error 131...invalid trade volume?????

wtf? now what?

Aragorn,

Your backtest that you ran is with IBFX too like your forward test?

GMT for CrownForex

Does anybody know the correct settings not to trade for the CrownForex broker? Mine is set to 1 with 09,13,14,23,00 not to trade. It looks like it winter settings.

From CD forum, any comments?

Bad results with Meta-Trader v.4.00 - build 1.96

Submitted by davidfx108 on Tue, 2006-09-26 18:05.

"MetaTrader build 196 or higher have BUGS with Cyberia Trader

MT 196 or higher have BUGS with Cyberia Trader:

i am running Cyberia with 4 pair, 3 time frame in 3 broker concorence for FORWARD testing, about 6 week.

when i ugrade MetaTraders from 195 to 196 and then to 197

i have many bad results !!!!!!! in two last week !!!!!"

Aaragorn:
wow I havn't used my live account for awhile....

it's still running build 195 of the platform...how do I update that?

secondly when I run the backtester on my live accout all I get in the journal is

error 131...invalid trade volume?????

wtf? now what?

Aaragorn,

error 131 for some brokers is lot size below 0.1. I think most brokers for standard accounts have minimum of 0.1 lots. You can test by setting AutoLots=false.

Wackena