Great EA in backtest! - page 43

kat:
GMT = -1 for Interbank, just like stated in the comment

I was wrong:

Arthur_1_ is right IB is GMT now, sorry.

np, and thankyou, ummm....so gmt time is 0 right?

thus...for ibfx like this?

int NoTradeHours1=0; // Time not trade

int NoTradeHours2=0; // Time not trade

int NoTradeHours3=0; // Time not trade

int NoTradeHours4=0; // Time not trade

int NoTradeHours5=0; // Time not trade

int NoTradeHours6=0; // Time not trade

been testing 185f from elite section for a couple weeks on live account..

keep getting "Zero Divide" error trying to run on EURJPYm chart.

Anyone seen this? How do ya fix?

Works fine on Demo but in live mini account it will not run on EURJPY, so I've had the live account trading EURUSD , GBPUSD and results are not that great, however EURUSD and EURJPY on the demo forward test is doing pretty well.

DudeWorks:

Works fine on Demo but in live mini account it will not run on EURJPY, so I've had the live account trading EURUSD , GBPUSD and results are not that great, however EURUSD and EURJPY on the demo forward test is doing pretty well.

I think its got to do with euro/jpy isn't a $ pair.

Mine is doing as expected on real account.4 of 6 trades this week are winners. 3 of them were today and all 3 winners.

But as I said..I have mine set up conservative, very conservative.and real evaluations are over a month at least. Some months may give 100% return some months will only give 10%

2 losses= 26$ 33.3% losers

4 wins=36$ 66.6% winners

right exactly along with back tests so far.

Dave

DudeWorks:

How long you trade live?

xxDavidxSxx:

Mine is doing as expected on real account.4 of 6 trades this week are winners. 3 of them were today and all 3 winners.

But as I said..I have mine set up conservative, very conservative.and real evaluations are over a month at least. Some months may give 100% return some months will only give 10%

4 wins=36$ 66.6% winners

Dave

I have to add. I am trading .1 set lot. So it don't increase with winners and decrease with losers. Just interested in %'s for now.

solved..

changed:

S = S / iClose ("EURUSD", 0, 0);

S = S / iClose ("EURUSDm", 0, 0);

it needs this to determin cost of lot size

changed reflect the mini account symbols, now runs on all EUR and USD crosses

xxDavidxSxx:

4 wins=36$ 66.6% winners

Dave

are your settings different than the presets.?

and what time frame are you using?

Aaragorn:
ok I couldn't resist....since you are a programmer, I wonder if you would mind looking at this EA...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

I started trying to make it recongnize candlestick patterns and use candle reversal signals as an exit rather than just stop loss....I really just started, I tried to get it to recognize a hanginman pattern. While my visual backtester shows it IS closing losers before they go to stop loss (which is good) it's not closing on the hangingman pattern. I don't know WHAT the heck it's actually doing....I 'tried' to get it to recognize a hanginman...alas....I would appreciate you seeing what you can do with it.

fyi the hanginman pattern is a bearish reversal signal. I 'should' only use it for exiting long position series. I know the EA is using it for both....it's a work in progress.

I looked at it Aaragorn. Sorry no-time to fix anything. Already involved with too many things.

furious_angel:
are your settings different than the presets.? and what time frame are you using?

look at pages back I posted mine that I am running live. But if your not on FXDD and in the same time zone I doubt it will be the same for you.

FXSpeedster.......I keep trying to run the 1.88.1 version because I want to be able to change the profit taking on it. But it only makes one trade. No matter what I do and no matter when I start it it still makes one trade.

What is the function of the pip timer and settings. Thats the only differance in this version and the 85f version right?

I need to put this out there....

If an indavidual cann't make successfull trades manually. And doesn't fully understand the way the market works, under all conditions. Then they are not going to be able to fully adjust an EA to do it for them.

You must understand all aspects of the market and its varieing conditions. Then you can begin to adjust an EA to accomidate those conditions.

What works this month might not work next month. What works last year might not work next month or next year.

If you adjust your EA to get rich over the last 2 months and have no success on a forward test this week or next month then you are experiancing what I am saying.

And the forward test that did great this week or this month might not back test good for last july.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave