Great EA in backtest! - page 29

I ran one of the earlier versions, I think the one that created the initial interest, $10k to $1.7M and it slowly and surely killed the account. Don't worry, I think the experiment was worth the $114 it had!!

I may have had less than optimal settings, but I think it will be impossible to achieve the demo results some people have achieved on a live account. It is also telling that there have been huge variances in the performances of different traders demo accounts. I would bet that the same version and settings could be run simultaneously by different traders with the same brokers and they would get different results.

The work done here is exemplary, but I feel that utlimately it may be worthless. Lets hope not, but the reality is $10k to $20k in 2 days IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH A LIVE ACCOUNT.

G-Man

Files:

Great EA in Backtest!!!......don't trust.....

Great EA in Backtest!!!......don't trust.....

Files:

What, you don't think that $43 trillion is not possible?

Surely any broker would love you trading an account this size, thinking of the profit on the spreads!

G-Man

Hi

What's the optimized setting for alpari ? spread 3 om EURUSD USDJPY

I backtest with sttaticstoploss=42 stoplossindex=2 Risk=0.4 and it's good only in GBPUSD ! with spread 4

Is there anyone to test another stting on EURUSD USDJPY ?

thanks

smeden:
Come on stop using crownforex demo account as they suck live.

I did make 170k on demo with crownforex in 24 hours with a start capital of 5k and I did not compound.

If you trade live with them it take up to 30 sec to execute an order.

You were engaged pips at this broker? If somebody who traded at this broker on 1H. How the broker in this case expedited orders?

yan7181:
best brokers for this EA is CFG and interbank, the rest are not doing well. hope this info is useful for you.

Hi yan:

May i have the link for CFG.

Thanks

G-Man:
What, you don't think that $43 trillion is not possible?

Surely any broker would love you trading an account this size, thinking of the profit on the spreads!

G-Man

It is possible but not for $10,000 investments.

Bongo:
It is possible but not for $10,000 investments.

You are right Bongo. We could probobly take a $42 trillion dollar account to $43 T.

What we need to do is decide if the EA makes good decisions and utilise that within the restraints of the MetaTrader brokers.

If we can change the parameters and timeframe then there may be something in it. Continually trying to optimise and improve it for trading that will not be achievable live is a pointless exercise.

G-Man

G-Man:
You are right Bongo. We could probobly take a $42 trillion dollar account to $43 T.

What we need to do is decide if the EA makes good decisions and utilise that within the restraints of the MetaTrader brokers.

If we can change the parameters and timeframe then there may be something in it. Continually trying to optimise and improve it for trading that will not be achievable live is a pointless exercise.

G-Man

It's all been done if you read the thread.

Try version 1.85f on 1-hr charts. The lots are limited (no large auto lots)and no 1-pip scalps etc.

CFG is a SCAM company

emka207:
Thanks very much.

I want to ask what did you actually want to put for the TimeTradeHoursDisabled parameter for EUR/USD preset?

The preset is set to "09,13,14".

the GMT parameter is set to '1'

so, when the US market open around 8am Eastern Time (GMT-4), the broker's hour will be 13 (GMT+1)

Then, looking at the statement in the code:

int hadj=TimeHour(CurTime())-GMT;

It will make hadj = 12. (since CurTime() == 13, and GMT is set to 1)

This might not be correct.

The EA will not block when the US market open, but one hour later.

So, from my understanding is that it should be "08,12,13" GMT Time

08 = when the UK market open

12 = when the US market open

13 = block for another hour.

~~~~~

So, what I'm saying is, the numbers in the "TimeTradeHoursDisabled" parameter, should be according to the GMT+0 hours, irregardless in which timezone your broker is.

The "GMT" parameter is the number of hours offset from GMT time of your broker.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be testing it on NorthFinance H1 on EUR/USD and USD/JPY.

(BTW, can someone give me the link where to open CFG account? thx)

Hi guys,

I just want to warn you about that CFGTrader company. I know people who knows those guys. The company has the WORST reputation here in US.

I tried to contact them to check and was ignored. Many people were cheated on $5000 average. All they do is to sell the basic indicators and classes for $5000 with 14 days return policy (14 days min return is a law in the US). Usually it takes that much to complete the transaction and clear your check. After that... you get the point. I wouldnt open a live account with them.