Great EA in backtest! - page 24

Hello to all. Shortly Cyberia open new enhancements to opensource version.

We are opened project tracker for maintain requests to OpenSource & Pro releases. Welcome

fxspeedster:
This EA I know is very profitable, but one needs to explore its different options settings and improve on it. It has good features, but bad ones too. So we need to eliminate the bad ones and improve on the good. This is what I am trying to do. But I dont have much input from anybody here yet except for few good people. I think you can see who they are in the thread. I hope more traders will come forward and help otherwise I will not consider this a group effort at all.

Hey fxspeedster,

I've made changes to the EA.

The PIP Timer function is added to the EA.

You can choose 2 Timer types.

1) Based on how many seconds (PIPTimerType = 0)

2) based on how many ticks (PIPTimerType = 1)

The default settings is:

1) EnablePIPTimer = True

2) PIPTimerType = 0 (based on seconds)

1) MinPIPProfit = 6

2) TakePIPTimer = 60

This is version number 1.88!

Number 8 is a lucky number for Chinese, because it sounds similar to the word 'prosperity'

basza:
I have downloaded the latest ver this morning. Have installed it on the top 6 pairs on 5 min charts, all with the default setting. Over the last 5hrs it has not made one trade. Is there a setting that I need to change to allow it to trade?

there are so many reason why it is not working,beside, you never mention what brokers you are using, what is your startup capital, what is your slipage setting.

well,i just checked my demo account at MIG, H1(euro,jpy) 50 stoploss, 0.5 risk. It was down back to 64,000usd, after taken a huge set back from selling jpy. Anyway, its just the 5th day of forward testing, will keep posting my results everyday. good luck guys. 10pm bernanke speech, i might switch off the EA.

I know backtesting isn't very meaningful with this EA, but when I try backtesting it, no trades show up. In the journal after the backtest, it says Solution - to sell or Solution - to buy or Solution - Uncertainty.

I was just curious as to what the problem could be, because 1.85 has not generated any trades yet in forward testing either. I've been running it on the 5 min on the 4 majors with fxspeedster's settings; $3k account with North Finance.

emka207:
Hey fxspeedster,

I've made changes to the EA.

The PIP Timer function is added to the EA.

You can choose 2 Timer types.

1) Based on how many seconds (PIPTimerType = 0)

2) based on how many ticks (PIPTimerType = 1)

The default settings is:

1) EnablePIPTimer = True

2) PIPTimerType = 0 (based on seconds)

1) MinPIPProfit = 6

2) TakePIPTimer = 60

This is version number 1.88!

Number 8 is a lucky number for Chinese, because it sounds similar to the word 'prosperity'

emka,

Thanks for the programming, it means so much actually see somebody step up and contribute to this project. I think from now on we should concentrate only on forward testing and parameter tweaks since all the main features have been done. It appears that the M5 timeframe is much superior to H1 since the addition of the pivot filter. However, this may be just the market in the last couple of days so we'll see.

yan7181:
well,i just checked my demo account at MIG, H1(euro,jpy) 50 stoploss, 0.5 risk. It was down back to 64,000usd, after taken a huge set back from selling jpy. Anyway, its just the 5th day of forward testing, will keep posting my results everyday. good luck guys. 10pm bernanke speech, i might switch off the EA.

You need to forward test with v 1.85 and its presets since it contains the dynamic TS. You should not have taken such huge hits on the JPY with the new version since the TS is smaller then the original 1.80 stop loss range.

Which version should we forwardtest now: v1.85 or v1.88?

I had attached this morning the last version v1.88 on 5m timeframe but didn't open any trade till now.

sorry, post already replied.

Broker and CyberiaTrader -- NO CONCERNS

I want to post this so I can put to rest everybody's concerns regarding using this EA. I will post in bold letters so there is no misunderstanding:

THE BROKER WANTS YOU AS THE TRADER TO PLACE AS MANY TRADES PER DAY AS POSSIBLE. THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY. THE MORE, THE BETTER. FREQUENCY OF TRADES IS NOT A PROBLEM AS LONG AS YOU ACCEPT THE SPREAD AND THE ORDERS ARE GOING THROUGH. THIS IS NOT A TRUE SCALPER -- IT SENSES A CONDITION, ENTERS AND ATTEMPTS TO TAKE A PROFIT. IT DOES NOT PROFIT FROM TAKING POSITIONS ON 2 PAIRS TRYING TO MAKE SPREADS ALL DAY LONG..THIS IS WHAT THEY DON'T WANT. SO PLEASE STOP BEING CONCERNED ABOUT THE BROKERS AND FOCUS ON FORWARD TRADING. I TRADE THIS LIVE FOR MINIS AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE WITH ANY BROKERS USING THIS EA.