Great EA in backtest! - page 48

I posted my auto lot question on cyberia's descussion forum. Lets see what they say.

xxDavidxSxx:
I posted my auto lot question on cyberia's descussion forum. Lets see what they say.

ok, I don't know how anyone really knows if the variances are the result of different broker's servers or the result of the platforms instabilities. One thing is pretty clear. No one wants the monkey on their back. So no one owns up to anything regarding it.

I have live MT4 on InterbankFX.. not real happy with them.

my regular account is still with FXSol which I can always rely on.

MB didnt say anything other than it was coming soon...

i was making reference to this posting at FF http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=8070&highlight=MT4+EFX

DudeWorks:
I have live MT4 on InterbankFX.. not real happy with them.

my regular account is still with FXSol which I can always rely on.

MB didnt say anything other than it was coming soon...

i was making reference to this posting at FF http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=8070&highlight=MT4+EFX

what are the problems of ibfx?

I know you didn't intend on a broker discussion but I think it pretty relevent to the successful runn of an EA. Especially when talking about real money.

Dave

for example running CT on demo and Live side by side ( I have 6 20" flatscreen monitors and a 15" flatscreen tv on racks, I can see very clear.. ) I've watched CT make near identical trades within a pip or two and some exact, trades on demo followed price action to profits while the price on live charts would stall and not reach those points, go back up stop out and then come back to the profit line or CT would attempt to close in profit just as the demo has done but ibfx gives back rejection for incorrect price...both setup identical demo vs live

Another is manual trades, about 2 out 5 trades get reqouted, frozen, rejected, stall and hang, even when no volitile price action exists to warrant. In fact the EA's do a better job of pushing trades through than doing them manually, yet there are lots of rejections to those as well..

trades on demo that profited got reject for lame errors on the live acct, I wind up losing profits because CT cant close trades sometimes. So I watch for the error msg in the Journal and am considering manual intervention if the EA cant close it on its own so I dont lose profits

DudeWorks:
for example running CT on demo and Live side by side ( I have 6 20" flatscreen monitors and a 15" flatscreen tv on racks, I can see very clear.. ) I've watched CT make near identical trades within a pip or two and some exact, trades on demo followed price action to profits while the price on live charts would stall and not reach those points, go back up stop out and then come back to the profit line or CT would attempt to close in profit just as the demo has done but ibfx gives back rejection for incorrect price...both setup identical demo vs live

Another is manual trades, about 2 out 5 trades get reqouted, frozen, rejected, stall and hang, even when no volitile price action exists to warrant. In fact the EA's do a better job of pushing trades through than doing them manually, yet there are lots of rejections to those as well..

trades on demo that profited got reject for lame errors on the live acct, I wind up losing profits because CT cant close trades sometimes. So I watch for the error msg in the Journal and am considering manual intervention if the EA cant close it on its own so I dont lose profits

wow I'd video tape these occurances and send it to ibfx, They advertise streight through processing. And clearly they interfeer in the trades.

Only reason brokers get away with false advertising is its hard to prove there the cause of the funny buisiness.

so far fxdd real and demo I have side by side has no differance in price or the placing of orders. I can get a requote "sometimes" jumping in news, but getting out is no problem. They close the order pretty fast.

Thats dissapointing in ibfx.

Damn crooks.:mad:

xxDavidxSxx:
wow I'd video tape these occurances and send it to ibfx, They advertise streight through processing. And clearly they interfeer in the trades.

Only reason brokers get away with false advertising is its hard to prove there the cause of the funny buisiness.

so far fxdd real and demo I have side by side has no differance in price or the placing of orders. I can get a requote "sometimes" jumping in news, but getting out is no problem. They close the order pretty fast.

Thats dissapointing in ibfx.

Damn crooks.:mad:

i don't know how much is intention and how much is negligence, or ignorance. either way...the outcome is incompetence.

ok i left the computer alone for a few hours, came back and ran the test again. Changing no settings, just clicking recalculate and let it do it again...

this time it is back giving the same results as the time that it went to 3.96 million. it remains an unsolved mystery why it doesn't do it every time.

Aaragorn:
i don't know how much is intention and how much is negligence, or ignorance. either way...the outcome is incompetence.

Yea they can always blame it on your connection or the differance in servers.

Any ways.....I am testing agressive settings on CT 1 hr chart....use my previous settings, change value peroid and value peroid max to 8, and change reverse index to 3.

I am getting 75% wins and more trades. And some larger targets too. I am almost done with 24 month back tests. Draw downs are less than 15% most less than 10% on any given month.

I have realized I am back testing on real account. I logged in this weekend to show my dad. Thats about the same time I started getting auto lot differance. Soon as I am done testing the months I will swich back to demo and see if it changes back.

edit: include no trade times...4,5,7,8,9,10 EST.

Dave

in an effort to document my results in file sizes small enough to upload here....and for the moment...while the backtester seems to be cooperating again....