Great EA in backtest! - page 31

G-Man:
The real test of course is when you run it live. G-Man

Agreed, but I am not sure that is going to happen. This morning it has given up all of what it had gained on the demo account. I am going to give it some more effort and testing while toggling time periods of trading, time frames and various other tweaks.

I gambled with it's purchase and only time will tell whether the coin toss pays off.

Cyberia Decisions: neural builder now opensource

http://www.cyberia.org.ru/node/79

Call me cynical, but I still find it quite difficult to believe that the russian programmers/traders who developed this EA are still not millionnaires if this program really works with stability.

But if anyone knows Russian here, then he/she may look into those forums and ask if live statements are available for us to be more confident and perhaps take the next step, i.e., trading live.

investor_me:
Call me cynical, but I still find it quite difficult to believe that the russian programmers/traders who developed this EA are still not millionnaires if this program really works with stability. But if anyone knows Russian here, then he/she may look into those forums and ask if live statements are available for us to be more confident and perhaps take the next step, i.e., trading live.

Who say's they aren't?

That's the difficult part with a blackbox system. The only thing you can do is try it, or hopefully rely upon somebody else's experience.

In the gold rush at the turn of the century, those who made the most money were those who sold the shovels.

forest:
Who say's they aren't?

That's the difficult part with a blackbox system. The only thing you can do is try it, or hopefully rely upon somebody else's experience.

In the gold rush at the turn of the century, those who made the most money were those who sold the shovels.

Well, it doesn't make sense for millionnaires to be stuck in paying fees of a server that the needed to do extra testing on the system. I've translated part of the forum from Russian and realized they are struggling to meet the cost of renting a server. If I were a millionnaire I would already have my own.

What I think is happening is that the software developers are not necessarily using their system in live accounts, or at least in large sums of money, and the best way to see if their system works is have others do it for them. Could that also explain why they made it open source?

Hi...

I've been forward testing the first cyberia EA...

could somebody tell me which is the function that closes the position with 1 pip?

I want to increase for 3 or 4 pips and I dont know where...

Thank you any help...

investor_me:
Well, it doesn't make sense for millionnaires to be stuck in paying fees of a server that the needed to do extra testing on the system. I've translated part of the forum from Russian and realized they are struggling to meet the cost of renting a server. If I were a millionnaire I would already have my own. What I think is happening is that the software developers are not necessarily using their system in live accounts, or at least in large sums of money, and the best way to see if their system works is have others do it for them. Could that also explain why they made it open source?

Interesting re: server payment. I would rather remain optimistic since I went ahead and sent them a few bucks, but your argument does have merit.

An opensource on the initial release is not such a bad idea considering the amount of feedback they would recieve from the people who have contributed to it's development. I think many of the EA's posted by people in the various forums are experiments that help the programmer to refine a working model. You might be right in assuming they are not testing it live. I know I won't be until I find the right settings and parameters to make it work with an astonishing track record to back it up.

My testing so far has not given me the types of returns I have seen posted on these forums.

hellkas:
Hi...

I've been forward testing the first cyberia EA...

could somebody tell me which is the function that closes the position with 1 pip?

I want to increase for 3 or 4 pips and I dont know where...

Thank you any help...

Blockpipsator = true

enablelogictrading= true

these are should solve your problem

hi,

it is possible create EA can call other EA for execution? so first EA running for market mapping then if market condition define A first EA call EA no.1, market condition B call EA no.2 then if EA no.2 running EA no.1 shut down

so trading can be fully automated and we can sleep all day long

if i write at wrong thread i'am sorry...

** DEMO ACCOUNT **

i have forward tested this EA (version 1_185f) for weeks and it has never shown a profit.

... IMHO.. this thing has some serious issues.

example:

over the last full week. ran this on 2 pairs (usd/jpy, usd/chf) 1 hour time frames

results: 18 trades executed

total weekly losses = $341.95

this thing will slowly drain your account.

**note - if i have this set up improperly, then it is my fault and i will accept that and would hope that someone here would give me the corrected test setting so that i may continue to forward test this EA, but i am thinking that i will suspend my forward testing. unlesss someone can provide me with information that would encourage me to keep testing.