Firebird v63G - page 32

bao1980, Please read post # 308. thanks

bao1980:
please post the phoenix including settings . thank you.

stevenali:
hi Hendrick....

i' can't wait for your phoenix...

i've been using firebird from monday 10.00am GMT+7 until last night 22.00 GMT+7... nice result.....

(but forget abot cable in my statement.... it using another EA, does firebird work in cable too?.. may be need another setting of its parameter.. let me know please )

Hi Steven,

I'm using these pairs:

GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, EURUSD and EURJPY. All with the same settings.

I shouldn't use USDCAD if I were you. This pair isn't doing very well with Firebird.

cgldsmth:
hendrick,

fantastic stuff and I await the Pheonix with much excitement.

It looks like you are testing with most pairs, are there any which are consistently better, and any time periods for optimal use?

Until now I think the following pairs give the best results:

GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, EURUSD, EURJPY. TimeFrame=15M

I am already tired to test firebird

Tests for histories do not give good results on one of these pairs

wrestler:
Tests for histories do not give good results on one of these pairs

Thats why we are here,,to optimize firebird to act to give good result.Still on forward test.Maybe its also depends on individual target.

another result firebird v65G

here's another result... we test in M1 time frame.....

still great result

sorry

sorry.. i sent wrong file....

still searching..

Trading Hours with MM

Hey Hendrick,

I coded a new feature into the firebird that I am testing this week...

Maybe its something you can consider for Phoenix...

After watching the Market for a long long long time, some pattern evolved.. One pattern for me is that between 2AM EST - 5AM EST there is alot of Trade Oppunities and if you look at Firebird during those time all the trades are winners...

Therefore what I have done is, I have taken money management and added two new inputs based on your Trading Hour From and Trading Hour Until...

New Inputs:

BigTradeFrom = 2;

BigTradeUntil = 5;

Code to adjust Lots:

int ht=TimeHour(LocalTime());

if(((ht >= BigTradeFrom) && (ht <= (BigTradeUntil-1))))

{

Lots = subLotSize();

}

else

Lots = sub2LotSize();

In summary, I am taking advantage of Big Trade Hours to trade much larger Lots

MarvinSk:
Hey Hendrick,

I coded a new feature into the firebird that I am testing this week...

Maybe its something you can consider for Phoenix...

After watching the Market for a long long long time, some pattern evolved.. One pattern for me is that between 2AM EST - 5AM EST there is alot of Trade Oppunities and if you look at Firebird during those time all the trades are winners...

Therefore what I have done is, I have taken money management and added two new inputs based on your Trading Hour From and Trading Hour Until...

New Inputs:

BigTradeFrom = 2;

BigTradeUntil = 5;

Code to adjust Lots:

int ht=TimeHour(LocalTime());

if(((ht >= BigTradeFrom) && (ht <= (BigTradeUntil-1))))

{

Lots = subLotSize();

}

else

Lots = sub2LotSize();

In summary, I am taking advantage of Big Trade Hours to trade much larger Lots

Hey Marvin,

I have the same results during the times you mentioned. I previously posted a summary with losers and winners during the daytime. You have to convert GMT+2 to EST. I think I will add your option to Phoenix (and will of course mention you in my code!). Thanks for your suggestion Marvin.

Files:

Marvin,

You know what? I'm going to gamble with Phoenix during 9-12 (GMT+2). I'm going to multiply Lots with 4 during this time. Let's see how this works. (Forex can be fun you know!).