What Really Works From One Professional - page 40

Martin,

Use .hst to import into mt history...then export as ASCII Text (*csv) for elwave

jimmylad:
That's exactly where I'm at too.

I've only got about 3 weeks worth of data so I don't have many too many waves to look at but I'm also wondering what is the ideal ammount of historical data for JD's system. Anyone ........?

If I manage before the footie I will let you know.

Martin,

Use .hst to import into mt history...then export as ASCII Text (*csv) for elwave

That's exactly where I'm at too.

I've only got about 3 weeks worth of data so I don't have many too many waves to look at but I'm also wondering what is the ideal ammount of historical data for JD's system. Anyone ........?

If I manage before the footie I will let you know.[/QUOTE

------------------------------------------

sorry Jimmy, I quoted you instead of Martin

I think it is a good idea to use a chat where the numbers of people can be limited and the topic is straight to the mentioned strategy.

Haven't noticed any adware with Paltalk. Seems some people can't read.

@JD:

We missed you on Friday. Was a mere 150 pips downride.

I'm so thrilled with this method that I see all around elliot waves and dreamed about it! Can't await the next week. Seems I'm a workaholic.

jonnydenver69:
DDE link is..MT4/BID/GBPUSD..

Where do I do this? in Elwave or MT4?

Here is a pic, something came up in the Elwave, I think I am on the right track!!??

See pic

pikachucom:
yeah enable DDE server...in MT4.... HI, MT4/open the options, history centre....GBP/USD....select min....export that to a file...make a new location file...start Elwave...new chart....import the saved chart..define data.....and it should open........select price data....realtime datafeed.......in DDE server type MT4...in ticker(topic) type BID...in close item type GBPUSD...press ok it will say save data location choose a new file.. press ok...it will run realtime.... if time permiting Cbale would of drop alot more, that would of been a big pullback good for 50-60 pips, like i said though time was running out....i think it stopped at 820.. as you get use to it you can mess around with the settings, no need at the moment though....

Ok, I saved the from the History center ... GBP/USD and now open Elwave../ New Chart ..... and this box came up....

What do I do from this point?? See pic

thanks

pikachucom:
hi, sorry i'am bit slow tonight, bad ass tooth ache.....choose ascii always that...then define data box comes up.......just look at the string in history centre to define....

Ok,

The "Specify ASCII File format" is up....

Now for the Column contents what do I insert?

The DROP DOWNS have Ticker/Period/Date/Time, ects.... and there is 7 dropdowns and then the

"Date format" DROPDOWN what do I put for that??

See pic

thanks

Lenny:
No, it is not. Use this one instead www.ensignsoftware.com

thanks got it

why can't we just talk on IRC ?

can someone PM me the details. I'm on Echat but which room ?

same problem here, cannot find the room in echat.

Shawn