The "XO"-Method......... - page 39

?

what is the forex freedom bar indicator and how do i use it?

thnx

criss73:
what is the forex freedom bar indicator and how do i use it? thnx

The Forex freedom Bar is similar to the multi XO indicators we're already using. The big difference is that it's using a Multi-CCI approach to show us, or confirm good entries along with the XO. (Please use Valeo's instructions for exits posted on this thread)

For example, if you refer to post #369, you'll see the FF Bar with a CCI period of 25 using the timeframes 15, 30, 60, 240 all set to a 25 CCI. (The 34 version is ok too with not much difference than the 25)

This last FF Bar posted 2 posts back is a new version where you can not only adjust your timeframes, but also the CCI for each individual timeframe. For instance, you may want your 240 to be a faster CCI period such as 14 or 20 which are very popular and used widely in Woodies Double CCI as the entry vs. your higher CCI periods for trend.

If you're not familiar with the CCI, look it up - it's a very powerful trading tool.

As far as using this indicator, same as the XO's - wait for all 4 to confirm.

Ya'll have a super weekend!!

tredd:
Thank you for a great trading method, and help understanding everything.

Always a pleasure. Hope you now make the pips. Best wishes for nice weekend.

ellipses:
Hi all

I am completely new to Forex (3mnths old) and have just finishing learning candlestick reading. I bumped into this thread 3 days ago and has been reading every post since then and making notes on this method (yes every single post! hahaha but its worth it). Just got the method set up yesterday and managed to ride on the trend earliar (paper trading at this moment).

Really like to thank you guys for sharing this great indicator/method and the wisdom on trading. Luv it !

Thanks again, great work.

cheers

Stay enthusiastic and persevere, thats the name of the game. As long as you are prepared to learn, the sky is literally not anymore the limit.

Best wishes.

Pip Trip:
Valeo and company,

Here's the new Forex Freedom Bar for those who want multiple CCI timeframes within one indicator prepared today by our good friend elihayun:

Oh (edit) I forgot one thing - I believe the Forex Freedom Bar (the default version posted a few posts above) is a 50 CCI and not the 34 version. go to post 319 for the 34 or 25 version. Or simply use this new one posted and enter your parameters.

Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Thanks my friend and to elihayun who wrote this for us. Will keep you posted, you just gave me lots of work for this weekend - nice!

Best wishes, always.

criss73:
what is the forex freedom bar indicator and how do i use it? thnx

"Take me by the hand and lead me through the streets of London................."

?

what sre you trying to say to me Valeo?

I am still using the zz MTF XO indicator. Would I be correct in thinking that ?:

If i put 1 Xo indicator on a 5 min chart witth a 5 setting and then opened 3 other charts for 15 , 30 and 60 min . If the xo in each chart is set to a setting corresponding to the chart, so 15 XO setting in 15 min charts ,,,etc would this mean that there would be 'no repainting' of bars so I can manually review previous days for each indicator in each chart. I realise that this may seem longwinded but i just want to know if my thinking is correct on this.

Failed trade

Hello, everyone!

Example of my trade today. On the picture eur, you can see that I had all of the XOs turned green and went long at 1.2517. On the picture eur 1 all of the XOs repainted and turned red and I went short at 1.2504. Eventually, I had loss of 13 pips. (parameters of XOs may be different from declared ones not significantly but this is not a question now, rather than a question of the trading approach)

Question: Am I interpreting XOs wrong? Any considerations on that case?

Thank you very much!

Files:
eur.gif  21 kb
eur1.gif  19 kb

maccavity:
Hello, everyone!

Example of my trade today. On the picture eur, you can see that I had all of the XOs turned green and went long at 1.2517. On the picture eur 1 all of the XOs repainted and turned red and I went short at 1.2504. Eventually, I had loss of 13 pips. (parameters of XOs may be different from declared ones not significantly but this is not a question now, rather than a question of the trading approach)

Question: Am I interpreting XOs wrong? Any considerations on that case?

Thank you very much!

Firstly, where is your CCI-34/14?

Secondly, there was only ONE trade and that was LONG @ 02:35 est on the 5-M chart @ 1.2523 with profit taken @ 1.2576 which would have given you +53 pips.

Oh, btw, the XO did not repaint!! It was the direction that changed. You need to pay attention to the method and not use your own interpretation of what we are trying to achieve.