The "XO"-Method......... - page 23

creztor:
What Id like to know is what entry/exit ppl are using? Yes I know 4 bars means entry/exit however Ive tried that on many different pairs and end up getting burnt. Anyone willing to share in detail how they use this system?

I thought I made it clear in the first posting, Creztor? Change in colour of ANY TWO "rows" is exit. However, with the very clever HoggZilla and his friend, we now have "RR" which will help you even better, especially the new XO_5 which I am running already.

KaMpeR:
No problem, here's my exit strategy, I trade H1 charts, so both the MA settings and the other settings will not be of any use on any other time frame I don't think?

SMA (10) Draw it Red.

TMA (30) Draw it Green.

DT-ZigZag_Lauer (Change the hours default of 5 to 12)

HoursChannel_v1 (Change the hours value to 192)

The first one that will give you an indication of change is DT, the dots it draws will change from Red to Blue or visa versa, when this happens then be warned that a change MIGHT be coming?

The second one to give you an indication will be the MA's. When the Red line crosses down or up through the green line this indicates a reversal of trend, now you need to make a definate decision to either ride out the high or low, or get out of the trade.

The final indicator or Death Nail, if you did stay in the trade is HoursChannel. I treat HoursChannel like a seesaw. If the right side is up market is generaly long, if right side is down, market is generally short. so if the market was long when you opened the trade and Hours has swung from an upwards position on the right to a downward position on the right and you did not get out of the trade, you would, not always but generally, be in trouble.

Hope that helps, shout if you want any further clarification on that?

KaMpeR, I am not a long t/f-trader, but will follow your recommendations for this coming month and let you know how I experience this new phenomenon in my life. I need to be stretched and love this opportunity. Anyone else having the same problem as I? We need to have all the ammunition in our armementarium in order to become successful traders. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Best wishes.

HoggZilla:
I have updated the previous indicator with options for the KirPER for each of the 4 TimeFrames. It can be downloaded from previous post. I have attached the HTI (Hybrid Trend Index). It is really simple, a compilation of 6 other indexes. RSI, CCI, DeMarker, Stochastic, Williams %Range and Money Flow Index. The HTI-Osc is just a visual histogram representation of the HTI. I think it has promise but I am focusing on the XO method. The TSI is also similar and I use it for trend confirmations. All attached.

Hoggzilla,

With the HTI Indicator, is the "signal period" just like the MTF indicators - add the minutes for requested timeframe?

Thank you.

XO Indicator

HoggZilla:
Here is the updated indicator which shows the 5th TF. I have it set at 240/5. What ever the 240 (4HR) is doing it will be reflected by a line all the way to 5 or -5. Hope this helps.

So are we adding the "XO 5" and deleting the "ZZ MTF 4 XO A" indicator? Do we still need to add the original XO indictor into the indicator window for the XO 5 to work?

I was also wondering why we need to know what is going on in the 4 hr chart if we are trading form the 5 minute chart? Usually if your are trading from the 5 minute chart the long term time frame is the 1 hr chart.

Dave

downunderdave40:
So are we adding the "XO 5" and deleting the "ZZ MTF 4 XO A" indicator? Do we still need to add the original XO indictor into the indicator window for the XO 5 to work?

I was also wondering why we need to know what is going on in the 4 hr chart if we are trading form the 5 minute chart? Usually if your are trading from the 5 minute chart the long term time frame is the 1 hr chart.

Dave

The idea is that you only need the XO_5 on the chart. The XO needs to exist in the indicators directory but not on the window. With the addition of the 240 period the XO_5 replaces the ZZ MTF 4 XO A. This is still the indicator from VideoJ, all I did was add another TF for 240.

About the 240 TF (4H), I am not sure it is necessary but something worth knowing. Until we can get a good long period of forward testing we can't say how important/unimportant the 240 TF is. For any system like this to be truly tested it has to be a rigid set of rules. If we have that then we can write an EA.

Can everyone list what they consider are discretionary options for the XO system and if they can be put into rule format.

Thanks.

HoggZilla:
The idea is that you only need the XO_5 on the chart. The XO needs to exist in the indicators directory but not on the window. With the addition of the 240 period the XO_5 replaces the ZZ MTF 4 XO A. This is still the indicator from VideoJ, all I did was add another TF for 240.

About the 240 TF (4H), I am not sure it is necessary but something worth knowing. Until we can get a good long period of forward testing we can't say how important/unimportant the 240 TF is. For any system like this to be truly tested it has to be a rigid set of rules. If we have that then we can write an EA.

Can everyone list what they consider are discretionary options for the XO system and if they can be put into rule format.

Thanks.

HoggZilla and Dave, I agree wholeheartedly about the 60m chart being THE most important reference for us as daytraders. However, I have noticed this last month that whenever the 4hr_XO was in "agreement", it was a "better"/more profitable trade.

I would vote for keeping just the ZZ MTF 4 XO A and for those of us wanting to test the 4hr addition for the coming month, we can run that seperately, rather than replacing it with the XO-5.

Having said that and we have concensus, let us redefine the rules. Best wishes, always.

XO System

Hi,

For all the new people to this thread, my understanding is for this system we install the old XO, the new XO5 and buy when the bar is green and sell when the bar is red, is this correct.

thanks.

traderandreas:
Hi,

For all the new people to this thread, my understanding is for this system we install the old XO, the new XO5 and buy when the bar is green and sell when the bar is red, is this correct.

thanks.

Yes ...

Stay away from trades when the CCI 14 is above 250 or below -250.

Enter on a full Green or full Red bar with the small green or red, running through it. In other words - trade with the 4hr bar and not against it.

Exit when the bar drops to 2. When any two of the 4 tf switch directions, exit. Also, exit immediately if the 4hr switches direction.

That is all as far as I know.

Rr?

ValeoFX:
I thought I made it clear in the first posting, Creztor? Change in colour of ANY TWO "rows" is exit. However, with the very clever HoggZilla and his friend, we now have "RR" which will help you even better, especially the new XO_5 which I am running already.

Hi Valeo,

What is the "RR"?

Dave

Thanks

Thanks for that nifty little XO indicator!

Cheers

Ant