How to trade with 'Trend Traffic'. - page 5

linuxtroll:
Nick, It is MMAs (Multiple Moving Averages - a subset from my Rainbow chart);

Same as Trend Strength Indicator... Traditionally traders use SMA 4,14,24,......,124,134,144 and zero cross is set by SMA 20 or 21 cross all those SMAs - but it is lagging and can not be used for ForEX scalping.

In my setup; It is a subset of my Rainbow chart: 4,6,...,22,24 with my high-low channel 144 high, 144 close, 144 low... all LWMAs... You can use EMAs too

If we can create an EA by combining MMAs, High-Low channel as filter -- which I posted on other threads and your Trend Traffic; we will be near holy grail... More money for every one... LoL

Basically, we need to combine Trend Strength Indicator with Trend Traffic with Channel filter...

Hope this helps... Good thing is we can use this setup in any paltform, any trading style -- because all of them are moving averages -- credit goes to Daryl Guppy and Alan Hull...

Cheers,

Hi linux,

thank you for sharing your method

How do you tackle the moneymanagement on 1min scalps?

a) how do you calculate your position size?

b) whats your initial SL?

c) do you use fixed profit targets in pips or do you use an indicator exit?

Thanks again!

Shahzadfx:
Hi all,

One of my fellow trader ask me about scalping method. Here you go.

We have been working on to fit TT to all market conditions and to all trading styles. I am sure it gives us ideas to how to work with trend continuation, trend change, trend reversal, and choppy market. These all styles can be short term or long term. But it is lagging with scalping. However, we can still have help from it. It can give us an idea about what is scalping trend, and what is LT term trend so we should not take trade against the relatively long term trend. 144 band holds strong resistance. So we won't take trade against it.

Slop is helping us out here to know early responce from market, and it will make us to trigger trade. See picture for help.

Any development and an idea will be really appreciated.

Rgds,

SFX

Thank you very much.

xuhui:
Thank you very much.

You always welcome.

We have considering the importance of pivots points or levels.

All seniour level traders always consider these levels. These are widely used for stop losses or profit targets especially for intraday trader. These can be moving averages, fib bands, static pivots point based on previous daily range calculation etc. I like dynamic pivots points, they work almost alike static pivots point. Especially the MAs are most important pivots. Some numbers are 24, 50,144,365,786 etc. They can be fib numbers or not. It depends upon a trader how these numbers are used. I feel comfort with these dynamic numbers as they vary with market, dynamic market requires dynamic pivots, and hence, we can get those levels which better represent market resistance and support levels.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:

Ma

MAs are kind of old school, but very much seen in professinals trader charts. Most of the time it is good to have some in our charts too.

I am always in favor of those indicators which are more close to the price action. We must consider these MA levels when they break, hold, and change. They always work for me hopefully work for others too.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
ma.gif  44 kb

Trend traffic was awesome this week. Not 70%, Not 80%, Not 90%, but it was 100% success.

I didn't write much this week becuase I was in need of some conclusion. With every indicator we need atleast one filter and this time again moving average didn't disappoint me. I am very much confident now to give a shot.

Bye,

SFX

Files:
mustbeagrr.gif  40 kb

Shahzadfx:
Trend traffic was awesome this week. Not 70%, Not 80%, Not 90%, but it was 100% success.

I didn't write much this week becuase I was in need of some conclusion. With every indicator we need atleast one filter and this time again moving average didn't disappoint me. I am very much confident now to give a shot.

Bye,

SFX

What emas have you on chart? Thanks

maniek:
What emas have you on chart? Thanks

They are:

Red 50 sma

Red dot 50 ema

Yellow 169 sma

Yellow dot 144 sma

Blue 365 sma

I hope it will help.