How to trade with 'Trend Traffic'.

Hi all,

This indicator is one of it kinds. Nich, really deserves appreciation developing an efficient indicator which can help us with all trading styles.

I used word efficient because I would like to check its effectiveness. We have number of options available to use this indicator. From scalping to long term trending we can have a help from trend traffic to avoid our losses and make consistent profits.

Market conditions never remain same; therefore, we need to be proficient in all kind of trading style. If we want to live long in forex brutal market, trend traffic has a tendency to help us reacting according to market conditions.

Some of us has too much addiction of trading, we want to trigger trades even we don’t have perfect trade setup, one of the reason behind demo providing by forex broker might be this to make us addictive of triggering the trades, so when we have real live account we do the same and hence lost all our hard earned equity. To prevent that and to fulfill our addiction we need to know or be a master of almost every trading style, hence, even we are addictive of triggering the trade, still, at least we must have some reason behind it.

I am making this thread to share ideas with all you geniuses how to trade with the help of trend traffic, how to scalp, when to go with trend, when to reverse and when not to trade. We might end up with an ea which will give us all options to trade with all these different trading styles. Good Luck.

REGARDS,

SFX

Files:

The basics about the trend traffice already been discussed in here. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173703/page19

Bye,

SFX

Files:
4.gif  42 kb

Speed brust.

Speed burst Trade.

Files:
speed_burst.gif  36 kb

Great effort Nick and Shahzad... Great indicator... but little bit lagging than Trend Strength for a scalper... If we combine Trend Strength, HA candles and Trend Traffic, we may have that near holy grail EA... LoL

Cheers,

linuxtroll:
Great effort Nick and Shahzad... Great indicator... but little bit lagging than Trend Strength for a scalper... If we combine Trend Strength, HA candles and Trend Traffic, we may have that near holy grail EA... LoL

Cheers,

linuxtroll, can you kindly post those indicators?

thank you for starting this thread Shahzad! i am interested in see how this develops

Nicholishen:
thank you for starting this thread Shahzad! i am interested in see how this develops

Thank you Nicholishen and linuxtroll. What method are you using for scalping linux, and how you are accommodating trend traffic with that, I love to see that.

Rgds,

SFX

Speed burst live trade call

I was not expecting any speed burst trade today but what we can say about forex market.

Files:

That's my point -- Speed is there but Trend Traffic is lagging -- Already 88 pips in eurusd using MMAs...

I am only using MMAs for scalping... HA candles helps too... I am used to M1 chart; but dual M5/M15 combination will give great scalping results too... Easy scalping method: when M1 and M15 HA candles give you the same color jump in and ride the wave -- if market goes against you or did not move in your direction within 6 min exit with a small loss...

Now testing your trend traffic... which is similar to Trend Strength indicator crossing, which aids scalping in M1 or any other time frames... You can also use M15/M30 combination for more pips and swing trading; H1/H4 for position trading and finally D1/W1 for investing...

I prefer scalping because I can use more leverage and lots (compounding) with less risk and proper money management; no need to sit and monitor... Just quick in and out with low spread currency pairs (not for newbies -- need to fine tune your brain and indicators -- must trained to acheive 80-90% hit rate)...

Hope this helps... Let's see whether Trend Traffic can be tuned and aid scalping (If you check the picture again, it is lagging than HA candle or MMA)...

Cheers,

Nicholishen:
linuxtroll, can you kindly post those indicators?

Nick, It is MMAs (Multiple Moving Averages - a subset from my Rainbow chart);

Same as Trend Strength Indicator... Traditionally traders use SMA 4,14,24,......,124,134,144 and zero cross is set by SMA 20 or 21 cross all those SMAs - but it is lagging and can not be used for ForEX scalping.

In my setup; It is a subset of my Rainbow chart: 4,6,...,22,24 with my high-low channel 144 high, 144 close, 144 low... all LWMAs... You can use EMAs too

If we can create an EA by combining MMAs, High-Low channel as filter -- which I posted on other threads and your Trend Traffic; we will be near holy grail... More money for every one... LoL

Basically, we need to combine Trend Strength Indicator with Trend Traffic with Channel filter...

Hope this helps... Good thing is we can use this setup in any paltform, any trading style -- because all of them are moving averages -- credit goes to Daryl Guppy and Alan Hull...

Cheers,

linuxtroll:
That's my point -- Speed is there but Trend Traffic is lagging -- Already 88 pips in eurusd using MMAs...

I am only using MMAs for scalping... HA candles helps too... I am used to M1 chart; but dual M5/M15 combination will give great scalping results too... Easy scalping method: when M1 and M15 HA candles give you the same color jump in and ride the wave -- if market goes against you or did not move in your direction within 6 min exit with a small loss...

Now testing your trend traffic... which is similar to Trend Strength indicator crossing, which aids scalping in M1 or any other time frames... You can also use M15/M30 combination for more pips and swing trading; H1/H4 for position trading and finally D1/W1 for investing...

I prefer scalping because I can use more leverage and lots (compounding) with less risk and proper money management; no need to sit and monitor... Just quick in and out with low spread currency pairs (not for newbies -- need to fine tune your brain and indicators -- must trained to acheive 80-90% hit rate)...

Hope this helps... Let's see whether Trend Traffic can be tuned and aid scalping (If you check the picture again, it is lagging than HA candle or MMA)...

Cheers,

The above trade was not mean to be scalping it was short term trend change trading. However, i am pretty sure trend traffic is perfect fit for scalping too. You can see the white line is just following Heikin Ashi (HA). Did I spell right. .

If you don't mind can you please give some exampleS with pictures, how you are doing it all. I got your idea but i want that for newbies, they should understand how pro traders do trades (HPTDT).

Rgds,

SFX