Profit Generator EA results - page 16

sampson:
See the post right above yours. Some of my profit came from EUR/JPY where 1 pip isn't worth $1/$10, also it isn't taking swap into account, it's just the raw pips earned. If everyone thinks it would be more useful to have the profit in $$'s I can get that changed, should we make the standard be to show profit as if you were using a mini account or regular account?

Thanks sampson for your answer. Now it is for me clear. I think gain in pips is more better than in $$.

Veronika-fxtrader:
Dear Sir

I am new here....

could U inform me which EA you are using (time Units, settings, pairs)- as far i a little lost among all post sand version used by differents members

If you - or other members - could post clearly their EA, setting, and statement, I would really appreciate....

awaiting your answer

Hi Veronika

I have attached version that I am using .In default settings I have changed only TP for 40 SL for30 UseObsoleteMethod for true and ObsoleteMinutes for 30 . Its all.

I hope it help.

Confused with results

Hi Holyman7, everyone,

I have been following this thread and am willing to participate in any collection of funds and/or testing. I confess that I am new to forex but have been busy reading and catching up on the lingo. The only exposure I have to MQL is Codersguru (excellent) course on this web site; I've learned a lot.

I believe I read all the posts but if I am missing something to bring me up to speed please let me know i.e. ststement preparation etc.

I attach a statement that I ran from Metatrader4; the parameters are on the statement. I have a few questions;

1) Why is only one pair traded when I run the EA;

2) Why is the EA making so much profit......am I missing something?

Your guidance is appreciated....jj?>

Files:

Statement

Hi,

Sorry statement attached here.

jj/.

Files:

Holyguy7 sorry about the name (Holyman7)

I'm sorry for getting your name wrong....

jj/.

As promised here are my Forward test statements for the last week.

For PG 2.6, I use default setting and changed only the tp and sl.

For PG 3.2.2, Default settings/Changed Tp and SL (look at the statement name to see what settings I use for this)/UseObsoleteMethod=true/ObsoleteMinutes=30

I 'm giving up the M15 Tests...

Broker: Alpari,Fibogroup,North Finance,MIG.

Some statements are loosing money but if you take the results of the best performaing pairs and add it up, you are in for a nice surprise.

Again, I repeat: If you want to analyse the statements and see which pairs are performing better, please use MT4report software at the link in my signature.

Sada

PS: Warning!,Not all test where started at the same date.

sadaloma:

For PG 2.6, I use default setting and changed only the tp and sl.

For PG 3.2.2, Default settings/Changed Tp and SL (look at the statement name to see what settings I use for this)/UseObsoleteMethod=true/ObsoleteMinutes=30

I 'm giving up the M15 Tests...

Broker: Alpari,Fibogroup,North Finance,MIG.

Some statements are loosing money but if you take the results of the best performaing pairs and add it up, you are in for a nice surprise.

Again, I repeat: If you want to analyse the statements and see which pairs are performing better, please use MT4report software at the link in my signature.

Sada

PS: Warning!,Not all test where started at the same date.

Thank you very much.

After analyzing reports, one thing is for sure, in all settings cable is giving positive pips a lot of positive pips.

Rgds,

SFX

Forward Testing

sadaloma:

Sada ...how is forward testing done. Excuse the el4ementary level question...

jj/.

JayJay:
Sada ...how is forward testing done. Excuse the el4ementary level question... jj/.

Well it's a slang that EA testers use.

Backtesting: is running the EA in strategy tester to see approximately how an EA would perform in the past.

Forward testing: let the EA trade live on a demo account.

Sada

How could I forward test

Sada,

Tanks for your explan. How do I forward test PG?

JJ/.