Max Trades: 3

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 80

UseClose: True

TSActivation: 5

TrailingPips: 0

OneTradePerPeriod: True

ObsoleteMethod: False

I also submitted the end of the week performance of these setting. Nich's Scalping method only works well on the USDCAD currency pair with these settings however, if others will test OTHER settings (hint, hint) then perhaps it will work on other currency pairs too.

Same settings on Alpari for usdcad -25,3%

Files:
scalp.htm  16 kb

maniek:
Same settings on Alpari for usdcad -25,3%

The only thing I can think of is that MIG only has a 3 pips spread on the USDCAD and that could make all the difference.

Remember, when you are scalping 5-6 pips, spread makes all the difference in the world.

holyguy7:
Well, I did have limited success with the EURUSD but not with the GBPUSD. See statements below.

These need to be tested further. This was a tough week because of NEWS. We need to test further.

I was thinking that modifying the Trailing Stops and TrailingPips might improve profitablity.

HI HOlyguy,

Who is your broker....?

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
HI HOlyguy,

Who is your broker....?

Thanks

Babar

I tested it with MIGfx.ch which has the lowest spreads of any Metatrader 4 broker. However, my live broker is interbankfx.com.

I hope that help. I am going to start this week testing it with interbankfx.com

Holyguy,

I ran that CAD setting on IBFX demo feed for a couple of days last week and it didn't do too hot. It was at the end of the week when that strategy took a hit overall though.

I know I said I would post statements this weekend but there is really nothing to post worth looking at here yet. Since there seem to be a lot of folks testing the scalp settings, I've been testing some high TP and SL settings using the obsolete method and trying to take advantage of what that does. So far, it looks fairly decent. I'll post this statement next weekend regardless of P/L just because it's something new.

Good Luck with that IBFX feed, it's not been good to me with the PG scalp set-up.

novafx99:
Holyguy,

I ran that CAD setting on IBFX demo feed for a couple of days last week and it didn't do too hot. It was at the end of the week when that strategy took a hit overall though.

I know I said I would post statements this weekend but there is really nothing to post worth looking at here yet. Since there seem to be a lot of folks testing the scalp settings, I've been testing some high TP and SL settings using the obsolete method and trying to take advantage of what that does. So far, it looks fairly decent. I'll post this statement next weekend regardless of P/L just because it's something new.

Good Luck with that IBFX feed, it's not been good to me with the PG scalp set-up.

Thanks. I want people to think about what these settings do and try new things out. There are a lot of options and I think the best options for this EA is either as a scalping method or just on the D1 chart in Reverse where it tries for 20-30 pips a day on a trend.

Think about this. If you try for the D1 chart in reverse then what you are saying is that you believe that it will trend and you will try to get 20-30 pips up (depending on if it is trending up or down). So far, I have had the most reliable success with this setting and am testing it more this week.

Interesting take on the daily settings. Seems like solid logic. One thing I am doing this week is setting up two different sets of charts on the same platform using two different ID-Base numbers for each set. Then I set the trading hours from 8-10 on one and 13-15 GMT on the other. This sort of reflects actual trading practices in that you take trades or not in the beginning of the sessions and then manage them from there out. A lot of losers I've had have been opened at hours when a sane person just doesn't take positions anyway. Should be interesting. Good Luck, we'll kill the beast one of these days!!

novafx99:
we'll kill the beast one of these days!!

I can't wait for that day to come ...

suffic369:
still testing G.P.? I gave up it for a while now, since the results are not satisfied in either forward or backward test.

I have coded a few much more profitable systems. To test these profitable EAs,you can find and download them from

www.wsforex.com

Whats TF?

I had some thinking during the past weekend about this PG EA. I think with a proper filter,PG can be transfered into a very good scapler trader.