Profit Generator EA - page 73

Maji:
Doesn't anyone here like KISS? Gosh, what started with a real simple elegant system is slowly transforming into a maze. Is anyone still forward testing the original simple version or just a few days of losses on DEMO trading got everyone discouraged? Just wondering...

I'm still testing it on the 4 majors with the default settings (but obsolete=true). Up $210 in the last 2 days on the 4 majors. I'm going to let it run for a while.

HOLYGUY7,

On Nich's scalp set up is there a take profit set or does obsolete get you out as I dont see an exit or TP strategy.

Thanks,

Billy

Also,

Which pairs does his scalper work best?

suffic369:
still testing G.P.? I gave up it for a while now, since the results are not satisfied in either forward or backward test.

I have coded a few much more profitable systems. To test these profitable EAs,you can find and download them from

www.wsforex.com

Thanks. Will be tested.

sampson:
I'm still testing it on the 4 majors with the default settings (but obsolete=true). Up $210 in the last 2 days on the 4 majors. I'm going to let it run for a while.

Hi Sampson,

Which version are u testing??

Thanks

Babar

bagovino:
HOLYGUY7, On Nich's scalp set up is there a take profit set or does obsolete get you out as I dont see an exit or TP strategy.

Here are the exact settings to use.

USDCAD (M15)

Longbar: 5

Longbar%: .6

Max Trades: 3

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 80

UseClose: True

TSActivation: 5

TrailingPips: 0

OneTradePerPeriod: True

ObsoleteMethod: False

I also submitted the end of the week performance of these setting. Nich's Scalping method only works well on the USDCAD currency pair with these settings however, if others will test OTHER settings (hint, hint) then perhaps it will work on other currency pairs too.

holyguy7:

USDCAD (M15)

I also submitted the end of the week performance of these setting. Nich's Scalping method only works well on the USDCAD currency pair with these settings however, if others will test OTHER settings (hint, hint) then perhaps it will work on other currency pairs too.

what's the word on what the option of LONGBAR% really means? it was asked earlier by someone else but I don't think this feature was explained clearly.

In backtest, changing that % drastically improves performance. Why?

Thanks

Sada

USDJPY using the REVERSE feature

USDJPY seems to work good in REVERSE!!!!

USDJPY (D1)

Longbar: 10

Longbar%: .5

Take Profit: 20

Stoploss: 40

Reverse

No Obsolete

holyguy7:

USDCAD (M15)

HI Holyguy,

I have been testing these setting with GBP and with EUR and results are positive...seems that they also work for these pairs......

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
HI Holyguy, I have been testing these setting with GBP and with EUR and results are positive...seems that they also work for these pairs...... Babar

Well, I did have limited success with the EURUSD but not with the GBPUSD. See statements below.

These need to be tested further. This was a tough week because of NEWS. We need to test further.

I was thinking that modifying the Trailing Stops and TrailingPips might improve profitablity.