Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 96

MTF LSMA Bar

Anybody come across/can post MTF LSMA Bar with adjustable Time Frames.

Thanks.

european

MTF Wadah Attar Explosion; CJA mod; alerts etc.etc. "classic", selfpropelled

QUOTE]

mtf basically only stretches picture of your initial(not mtf) ind. on higher TF - to your current timeframe

links & explenation on MTF"painting" (p.887)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page60

dem u good, Mladen

Breakout

This has just become so much easier thanx to the All_stochastics indicator posted by mladen.

I have attached an indicator that just draw a simple box. Now if you combine it with a specific candle on the 5min chart it becomes powerful. Very importantly only trade in direction of the hourly stoch. Now direction in this instance does not mean trending up or down, it just means the relation of the %k line to the %d line. So that is straight forward.

So what do we do, we look at the hourly chart and see %k is above %d, so we are looking to but. So now we switch to the 5 min chart, because this is where it gets juicy. On the 5 min chart we have the box indi that we are looking at, and we have the All Stochastic indi, showing only the 5min and 15min tf stochastic.

We now wait for the 15min stoch to go in same direction as the hourly as well as the 5min stoch. Here it gets not too tricky but it does. You'll have false breakuts unless all 3 stochastics are heading in the same direction.

The attached pic is a 5min, with the box clearly visible. Once the box has formed, I manually place a horizontal line, yellow, in the centre. The reason for this is because I will enter a trade 2 pips other side the horizontal line in the direction of the stochastics.

Now the white vertical shows where price crossed my buy the first time, but if you see on the 15min stoch it's not a buy yet, as well as on the hourly stoch.

Now the yellow vertical line shows where price crossed my buy again, and we can see that all 3 stochs are heading north. It's real basic, but it works.

Ok now your wondering which candles to use, pay me $50 and I'll tell you.

I accept cheques, postal order or wire transfer via paypal.

Kidding.

There are 3 candles on the 5 min chart that I do this with, all times in GMT yeah, 09:20, 13:20 and 17:20. So take the attached indicators and just adjust them so that whatever your time feed is, you'll be using the same candles as me. Now I'm sure that possibly there could be other candles with which it works, but I found these to be spot on. They are named diff as my chart feed time is CET, but you get the idea.

You'll need all 3 as they have a unique id in the code so that they will work on the chart at same time. And remember they can only be visualised on the 5min tf.

And the opposite is true if looking to sell.

Files:
1020.mq4  16 kb
1420.mq4  16 kb
1820.mq4  16 kb

All stochastics

hope you aint getting tired off me yet

Just thought I'd let you know. This only happens on the one hour tf. At the end of every hour, the 4hr stochtics lines moves to join up with the 1hour stochstics.

I just simply change the tf then back again and it's fixed, but just thought you may want to know.

Files:

Su, just 4 the thread 2be well informative - could you show some of your interesting MTF set-ups (old school - before you fogot)

old school - 1

LOL, I don't know whether to cry or laugh thinking about it now.

And the simple reason is,.... because I have tried so many, and it's with trying these diff setups that one eventually gets to grip with how the market works, or I should rather say how you can work the market.

At the end of the day, all setups work to some degree the same. It depends on you as a person how you manage your time and money into the equation.

Don't be afraid to try new things, you'll never know what might surprise you. You can give the same ten people a simple 10 step plan to make a chocolate cake, and at the end of he day you'll have 10 chocolate cakes, yummy, all tasting different. And that is exactly the same with Forex. I look at a RSI and see a line slowly zig zgging from left to right while it travels from the top of the chart to the bottom. Others will see momentum falling and rising. We all see the same thing, but it is the way that you interpret it. So that it was I said in the 2nd paragraph, it depends how you can work the market.

I downloaded screenhunter from screenhunter dot com last year to take photos of my charts. It a free tool. The reason for that was to show friends different setups and get advise. In hindsight I'm glad because looking back, my trading style has changed drastically. You'll just need to look at the dates at the bottom of the pictures to see when it was taken and how things progressed. I urge you to do the same. Once a month take one or two snap shots and save them, who knows you might be starting your own hedge fund or investment company one day and these photos will be priceless then.

One more thing as a foot note, and I have witnesses, everytime I changed my trading style or system I would tell them all that's it, I'm happy with what I have now and I'm not gonna change. Till I learn a bit more then want something more etc etc etc etc etc etc etc, well you get the idea. By the way, all the indicators on the pics are available on this forum.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, it might just get a bit bumpy along the way.

Dec 2006

Looking at this picture I want to kick myself in the teeth. Why do you ask. In the very first window there, I amalready using MTf stochastics, and then it just did not seem to important to me.

The second window I had a macd indicator, then overlayed another one over it with diff settings, to try and 'create' a higher tf macd.

Then just juice indicator followed by ADX.

On the main chart itself, I would draw fibs from every, well what I thought then was important, high and low swing. I would also try and draw trading channels. I also used Barry Stander's supposrt and res indicator.

Files:
cad1.jpg  252 kb

January 2007

Ok, so new year, new charts. First thing I did was change my background colour, lol, and this took my like 2 days to decide on a colour.

I still had the setup of indicators as in the previous cad chart, but as an extra measure I added in the bottom window 2 different moving averages, to take a trade on the crossing, whilst the white line told me whether the trend was up or down.

Also where point a on the main chart is you'll notice a white line, this was a breakout indicator, can't recall the name, but it just gave the high and low of certain 4hr periods that I wanted. I decided not to use barry standers supp and res indicator.

Files:
15_min_exp.jpg  176 kb