Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 349

christinaLi:
Hi, Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that it's not just me having those problems.

I however recently solved the problems by writing the MTF indicators in a different ways to eliminate the problem. I call my indicator honest MTF indicators. It can be shown on back testing to make testing of such strategy possible on MT4. And the result is accurate for sure.

I've coded it for a client so can't directly post the code there, if there's interest I can do the same with a simple indicator say RSI and do a demo here. Not sure if there's other ways but this is so far I've found.

I like the priciple of MTF strategy but the repaint effect (technically not repaint but nevertheless repaint on smaller time frame) bothers me personally.

Maybe it's time to look at MT5.

Thanks again.

Christina

Hi Christina,

Yes please post your version of mtf rsi and/or macd, cci... I would like to view them and if I see a significant difference I have a project for you that I would like for you to take a shot at with 2-3 indis I use.

Thanks

Writing the MTF indicators in different ways

christinaLi:
Hi, Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that it's not just me having those problems.

I however recently solved the problems by writing the MTF indicators in a different ways to eliminate the problem. I call my indicator honest MTF indicators.

...If there's interest I can do the same with a simple indicator say RSI and do a demo here. Not sure if there's other ways but this is so far I've found.

Thanks again. Christina

Hi Christina,

Glad I could help...well...actually...glad I could help let you know you aren't the only one...lol!

You have tickled my curiosity to no end...

I would love to see any examples using a simple indicator that eliminate these problems.

You may have found an interesting solution to a major problem with MT4.

Thanks for your help!

Robert

Multi Waddah Exp Indy

If possible could someone fix this indicator to show only one arrow at the change of state.

Right now I have this.

MTF Waddah Indy

I am only able to get it to do this. I would like only one arrow on the change.

also it is very heavy on cpu usage.

Files:

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Christina,

Glad I could help...well...actually...glad I could help let you know you aren't the only one...lol!

You have tickled my curiosity to no end...

I would love to see any examples using a simple indicator that eliminate these problems.

You may have found an interesting solution to a major problem with MT4.

Thanks for your help!

Robert

Hi, Robert,

I've been too busy with coding lately to check this thread. I made a short video to someone who emailed me about this, I probably could explain things better if I knew I need to use it for showing it to the public, in fact I kind of think I did a horrible job explaining it. See if you can get the idea.

2011-07-28_1538 - Wise-EA's library

Basically the solution is:

1. First to code any MTF idea inside the EA to avoid calling the MTF indicator. It's usually easy since the MTF indicator is nothing special to begin with.

2. For display purposes on back testing, create a simple indicator like mine directly calling the original indicator value at bar end and don't do any manipulation on values.

Thanks,

Christina

Setting allerts..

generousforex:
What I am hoping is that this all macd that is mtf and great

could be fixed so the color works correctly, ie time frame panel

red if the macd is crossed down, time frame background

green if crossed up AND add optional alerts for:

1. You can select to get a pop up alert when

one or any of the time frames used macd lines cross

2. When any one of the time frames cross

and ALL the time frames used are now crossed

in the same direction..

IF this cant be added, then I want an mtf macd cross

that does the second one above..please this is really

awesome. An alert when all the time frames entered,

I want to use 4

4 hr 1 hr 15 min 5 min

First all agree in the same direction, ie could be the 5 min

just crossed or the 15 or the hour..whatever, when all

now agree, pop up alert telling the situation.

Can someone help?

Brian

How do you set alerts to pop up a window when all macds timrframes in the same direction?

Thanks,

Testing MTF in MQ4 Strategy Tester

christinaLi:
Hi, Robert,

I made a short video to someone who emailed me about this. See if you can get the idea.

2011-07-28_1538 - Wise-EA's library

Basically the solution is:

1. First to code any MTF idea inside the EA to avoid calling the MTF indicator. It's usually easy since the MTF indicator is nothing special to begin with.

2. For display purposes on back testing, create a simple indicator like mine directly calling the original indicator value at bar end and don't do any manipulation on values.

Thanks,

Christina

Hi Christina,

Thanks for sharing your video on using MTF indicators in your EA for testing with the MQ4 Strategy Tester.

The video was clear...well done and easy to follow your presentation. You do a very nice service for your customers.

I'm very impressed with your approach and will look forward to more discussion from others on this.

I have not yet tried to do this, but it seems like it does solve the MTF problem in the Strategy Tester.

Again....thank you for your kindness in sharing what looks like a very unique solution to the MQ4 MTF Strategy Tester problem.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Christina,

Thanks for sharing your video on using MTF indicators in your EA for testing with the MQ4 Strategy Tester.

The video was clear...well done and easy to follow your presentation. You do a very nice service for your customers.

I'm very impressed with your approach and will look forward to more discussion from others on this.

I have not yet tried to do this, but it seems like it does solve the MTF problem in the Strategy Tester.

Again....thank you for your kindness in sharing what looks like a very unique solution to the MQ4 MTF Strategy Tester problem.

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Robert

Thank you Robert for the nice comment.

I try to give my customers best support I can provide. The video I showed here was actually made for a non customer, simply a member here.

I think with MTF strategy, most people either use the intermediate higher TF value (bar 0) or fixed closed value (bar 1), we just need to code that in EA accordingly.

You seem to be a very knowledgeable person and if I need help I will definitely contact you. Thanks again.

Pipware ind

elchura:
Hello,

I'd like to know what is the name and where I can find the indicator below:

Thanks

Here is the indicator, only has the option to add one ma

MTF Cycle

Hello to all here

Thanks for all programmers here, specially fxbs and cja. I need help to add the MTF option in that ind. It could be like another different windows, or like dashboard. Hello

I found both of you here, and i know you are very good programming mtf option for ind. Over internet i found this indicator, i know it re-paint a lot, but i have found when all tf agree in the same bar and time with THICK option, the price move in that direction, i have been testing that for example when appear at the same time in 5m to 1h, or 5m to 4h, and really the price have moved more than 60 pips depend of what pair are you trading, in some case i got more than 100 pips trading this strategy in 5m and waiting for that combination, the exit price touch, or bounce higher tf s/r like 1h,4h,or daily and appear THICK again in 5m to 30m.

I really love this ind. My idea is to have it as mtf, like in dashboard where you can see the time frames, and inside the current symbol as THICK or THIN CYCLE.

If somebody can do this, i will appreciate a lot, my skype id: jose.rumbaut, email: rumbaut99@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Jose

Files: