Firebird EA - page 57

Firebird v0.65 did +2305 pips today (all the orders were opened on Friday) for EURUSd and +16 pips for GBPUSD.

Files:

I tried backtesting the EA but I kept getting the error 2007.10.09 20:31:13 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\Firebird v0.65.ex4' on the ,

quietmoney:
I tried backtesting the EA but I kept getting the error 2007.10.09 20:31:13 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\Firebird v0.65.ex4' on the ,

Place EA to \experts folder, compile with no error in MetaEditor and MetaEditor will generate ex4 file which MetaTrader is using for backtesting.

Firebird with the settings is here. And this post is usefull also.

If you are getting any error dring the compilling so you may copy and paste this error message and members will try o fix it or to explain and so on.

Please find updated statements.

Files:
firebird065.zip  521 kb

how to get Firebird v0.65 running?

newdigital:
The Statement is updating on the post above.

Hello,

I'm still orienting myself as a new Elite member and I saw that Firebird v0.65 had sometimes good results and sometimes bad results.

Anyway I want to try it.

When I downloaded the EA from the ZIP file and tried to compile it I got 1 fault in 260.11

Can anybody inform me how to repair this fault?

And how to retrieve the eq4 file later?

Are preferred settings available?

Thanks in advance.

Cees

Cees:
Hello,

I'm still orienting myself as a new Elite member and I saw that Firebird v0.65 had sometimes good results and sometimes bad results.

Anyway I want to try it.

When I downloaded the EA from the ZIP file and tried to compile it I got 1 fault in 260.11

Can anybody inform me how to repair this fault?

And how to retrieve the eq4 file later?

Are preferred settings available?

Thanks in advance.

Cees

All EAs together with the settings are on files thread. Firebird is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

You will find everything on this thread.

For example: Firebird which I am testing is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15 together with set files (settings). It is on inside zip file. The settings only is inside the zip file.

M30 timeframe.

Place EA to expert folder, settings from zip file - to preset folder. During the attaching EA to the chart download this settings.

Don't forget to compile EA. if you get any error in MetaEditor during the compiling so please copy and paste thhe error text on this thread. But it will not be any error. One error was half a year ago: it was something like point() ... so it was necessary to delete those (). But it was half a year ago.

Updated statements.

Files:

Files:

Files:

I've done a couple of forward tests with FireBird... since a long time as it was my very first EA... a long time ago .

As is a counter-trend EA, i've discover, if you allow this EA to open order following the trend, it's produce a lot of great results...

ie : If the trend is UP, allow only Long orders and vice-versa.

Question : could we implement in this EA the 3EMA(34) rules to allow or not the SELL or BUY orders ?

How to "detect" when the market is ranging or trending :

Just use 3 EMA(34), one on High, one on Close and the last one on Low.

When yours candles are under the EMAs -> Trend is down. (allow ONLY sell trades)

When yours candles are above the EMAs -> Trend is up. (allow ONLY buy trades)

When yours candles crosses the EMAs -> no trend, ranging market. (no trades)

Any ideas ?

Thanks.