Firebird EA - page 36

Here is the fixed versions for FireBird 0.65

Changes :

// it will not get out of control on 5th day of month

// it will not open any positions on Fridays when TradeOnFriday=0 ( it will continue to manage the old positions on fridays )

I suggest the results of all crazy days ( positive or negative ) gets deleted from performance page , then we will have the true performance of this expert.

Best Regards

FiFtHeLeMeNt

Burst My Own Bubble!

Well, I've found, if we eliminate the crazy trades which seem to happen on the 5th of some months, this EA may not be profitable at all.

I've copied all data from NewDigital's statements from 4.11.2006 through 1.18.2007 into Excel for EURUSD. The total of ALL trades for that time period is 8015 pips.

However, if I eliminate all the trades on the "crazy" days (i.e. 5.5.2006, 6.5.2006, 7.5.2006, 12.5.2006, 1.5.2007.....there did not appear to be any "crazy" trades for 8.5.2006, 9.5.2006, 10.5.2006, or 11.5.2006 for EURUSD), the total pips for the 4.11.2006 through 1.18.2007 time period is

-767 pips!!

And I was going to start trading live with this EA 1st of March!

Guess we'll have to keep searching for that "Holy Grail," after all!

yes , I agree. seems firebird EA is not profitable without crazy days , and it opens its orders on crazy days by random ! it is suicide to use , not fixed version !

but I am happy you have not started trading live by FireBird , so you are saved.

I suggest to forward test version 3.2. I will look at its code to see if it has the same bug as version 0.65.

Regards

yes , same bug here again ! use the fixed version.

Files:

fifthbeatle:
Well, I've found, if we eliminate the crazy trades which seem to happen on the 5th of some months, this EA may not be profitable at all.

I've copied all data from NewDigital's statements from 4.11.2006 through 1.18.2007 into Excel for EURUSD. The total of ALL trades for that time period is 8015 pips.

However, if I eliminate all the trades on the "crazy" days (i.e. 5.5.2006, 6.5.2006, 7.5.2006, 12.5.2006, 1.5.2007.....there did not appear to be any "crazy" trades for 8.5.2006, 9.5.2006, 10.5.2006, or 11.5.2006 for EURUSD), the total pips for the 4.11.2006 through 1.18.2007 time period is

-767 pips!!

And I was going to start trading live with this EA 1st of March!

Guess we'll have to keep searching for that "Holy Grail," after all!

I am still doing excel files for all the EAs' performance. Please find some excel for some EAs including Firebird.

Firebird_fixed is the following: I used 0 instead of vulnarized trades in some days. It is not fully true because it that day fixed version should have some pips as well. Just some pips, but not zero. Anyway Firebird fixed with timefilter is profitable for USDJPY.

Today's performance of Firebird and Firebird fixed version.

Statements for one and half days testing of bug's Firebird and fixed Firebird versions.

Fixed Firebird is performing good so far.

And bug version is very good as well.

newdigital,

Wondering if you can post your preset file for this week's GBP/USD results (bugged firebird v0.65).

Thanks,

Chris

chris1085:
newdigital,

Wondering if you can post your preset file for this week's GBP/USD results (bugged firebird v0.65).

Thanks,

Chris

It is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

I am suggesting for everybody to look at the files elite thread and links elite thread. ecause I am updated those two threads almost every day and you may find all the EAs, settings, links to the threads abd some developemtn very easy.

All Firebird is on this post of files' thread.

Help Please!

I tried using several version of Firebird, including 63G, 3.2-Fixed, 0.65-fixed and 0.65tf-fixed.

It seems that 0.65 and 0.65tf are not making any profit on my test results (EUR/USD, 30M), but on the contrary - they lose.

The rest did not make a good profit neithger.

Maybe my settings are wrong, or my testing?

I'm using Alpari's data and testing it on tick data (90% Modeling Quality).

Thanx,

Tomba.

Files: