CatFx50 - page 321

Dave1:
Hi Nina,

A newbie question: I don't understand why the ema50 can't stay above the ema120. Does this just relate to these pairs today and the patterns that are forming?

' ...we have EMA50 above EMA120 on EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF. This can not last long especially for EURUSD/USDCHF.' Quote by Nina.

Forgive me but how do you quote part of a message (as above) without quoting the whole of the message.

Dave1, look at this site for correlations:

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation.htm

Well folks - I'm out for the week.

Today was crazy!

have a great weekend !!!!

Nina

Why can't CatFx50 be used for USD/JPY.I used it successfulyy today with gain of more than 40 pips.What is the reason.

eric79:
Russians, Swedes? Now i don't understand what you mean. Thanks

hi eric79,

we had upcomming news today that the swedish reserve bank will lower their $-reserves (=> 1. big move this morning). Afterwards this afternoon other news came up that the russian fincance minister will also lower his (not his own ) $-reserves.

This is normally no single issue => Therefore other european and asian countries will do the same in the near future.

mibl

Dave1:
Hi Nina,

A newbie question: I don't understand why the ema50 can't stay above the ema120. Does this just relate to these pairs today and the patterns that are forming?

' ...we have EMA50 above EMA120 on EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDCHF. This can not last long especially for EURUSD/USDCHF.' Quote by Nina.

Forgive me but how do you quote part of a message (as above) without quoting the whole of the message.

Dave1, here 2 charts of Euro and Swissy.

On both charts 50Ema is above 120 EMA -> uptrend, so something is wrong at the moment or still unclear,

because the two pairs have a correlation to each other -> if Euro goes up, Swissy goes down and opposite.

Hope this helps, to understand what Nina meant.

Files:
euro_3.gif  38 kb
swissy.gif  11 kb

You rember the cable chart of post #3218

Here is the same chart some hours later. I didn't moved the trend lines, they are at the same position than this afternood - they were broken indeed, but price came back again immediately - so this shows the behavior at this rangeplay day.

mibl

Files:
fx_006.jpg  161 kb

todays RECAP...

EURUSD:11:00 cet: Long level 1 @1.2325, made a high @1.2344 (>11:30 cet) => +19 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread)

15:00 cet: Long level 1 @1.2328, made a low meanwhile @1.2308, afterwards a high @1.2358 (17:00 cet) => +30 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread)

USDGBP:

10:30 cet: Long level 1 @1.7811, current high @1.7824 (>11:30 cet) => +13 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread) - We cannot count that quiet conscience as a profit _:1:_

13:30 cet: Short level 1 @1.7785, made a low meanwhile @1.7778, afterwards stopped out via countersignal long during candle latest above ema50 >1.7802 @(>16:30 cet) => -24 to -30 pips

17:00 cet: Long level 1 @1.7819, made a high @1.7846 (>17:00 cet) => +27 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread)

USDCHF:

13:00 cet: Long level 2 @1.2794, made a high @1.2807 => +13 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread) - We cannot count that quiet conscience as a profit _:1:_

17:00 cet: Short level 1 @1.2759, made a low @1.2724 => +35 maximum favourable excursion (ex spread) - I would count that as stopped out on entry

Very difficult day today - as Nina said this morning. (Good intention! or should I say market knowledge?)

_:1:_ The potential losses on two entries (cable 10:30 and swissy 13:00) today depend on the technique how you trail stops. They both reached not a reasonable target profit if you additionally count paid spreads. So in best cases they were stopped out on entry, but it is more probable that both ended in a loss, which should not be the maximum loss.

mibl

Nina or Mibl

mibl:
Very difficult day today - as Nina said this morning. (Good intention! or should I say market knowledge?)

I'd be very interested to go over not just what happened today - but why it happened and what was going through Nina's mind to come to that conclusion so early.

The only thing that looked very strange to me was the fact that the EUR and CHF were headed in the same direction.

reemul99:
I'd be very interested to go over not just what happened today - but why it happened and what was going through Nina's mind to come to that conclusion so early. The only thing that looked very strange to me was the fact that the EUR and CHF were headed in the same direction.

Hi, reemul99!

(Thank you for the recap, Mibl!)

Reemul99, I'm a trader like you. I have said plenty of times that I like to feel the market. I like synchronism. What does it mean, that we should not trade when EMA50 are above/below EMA120 at the same time on EURUSD/USDCHF? No, it doesn't.

For me, when price is below EMA50, we are bearish and when it is above, we are bullish. If then, EMA50 is below/above EMA120, the better.

But look at EURUSD chart from yesterday 16:30cet bar and today at 01:30cet bar and 08:30cet bar. Do you see those lows and where bars closed?

Big, big money was there, fighting back.

Do the same with USDCHF, you see spikes up at the same time. When I see this, I do not like to trade if I do not see a big, big rush and protecting always my capital.

And today is Friday, no news and G7 meeting in Washington.

Nina