CatFx50 - page 147

cami:
mibl, could you please explain your entry ( did you make entry at breakout of trendlines or at catfx50 entry?) and exits today in euro? and how did you move your sl , thanks

Hi cami,

entry was because of CatFX signal - but later, because of I was not at the computer and the price range was ok yet. First the trendline (downwards) was not at this place - I redraw her later.

The facts:

bought @15(12) (FXCM has 3 pips spread on EURUSD) later inside candle 8:30 am (cet) because of signal was at 8:00 am, initial stop was 1,1887 (under last low)

sell 1. >R1:@28(31) - stop on entry

sell 2. <R2:@42(45) - stop slightly under R1

sell 3. <R3:@65(68) - luckily - high was 3 pips higher

closed 4. by trailing stop @40

But that is only one strategy, which do not work in every case.

Current problems I see when the volatility is small like in the last days and you must place your initial stop in a to wide range f.e. the 34 pips from Nina (because of as mentioned before - these 34 pips you pay in a loss for the whole 4 parts ) For this trade I was able to place a stop at another level.

mibl

thanks a lot mibl, very clear and helpful

m217irr:
but i sell 1 lot of course risky

Are you still in, made some tiny pips or stopped out yet?

Perhaps this is only a small consolidation... -

Hi, Buddyes!

Nice day today, isn't it?

Wish You've made some pips.

Nina

StepMa Stoch

Hello together,

@ Irorad or Ninaor somebody else: Can you explain me the StepMa Stoch-Indicator or post a link where it is explained. I need the mathematical formula to understand what I see.

Thanks

Danji

RSI with stepMA

hada:
I try found exit for CatFX50, setting MACD 45,144,9 (someone post this setting by picture here) level 0.0015 and -0.0015, RSI 14 combine with StepMA only Blue line

for reading if CatFX50 give signal up then create some point and after that RSI 14 move below blue line and MACD signal (green line) still hold below 0.0015 it's good point to exit see pic1

for opposite see pic2

if price want more pips up we jump again when RSI cross again blue line and MACD signal move above 0.0015 level for confirm (see pic3) and exit when yellow line cross blue line and MACD signal downtrend (see pic4) but by this entry we not at the first boat and usually we missing great pips and need another filter for collecting every pips

Anyone can build or have this indicator. Thanx in advance

Hi Traders

Did anyone take the short signal on the pound @ 1.7496 ?

Happy trading.

Nesalc

Hi!!

Signals so far:

EURUSD, sold at 1.1921 (08:00cet). Made a low so far at 1.1884. + 37 pips.

USDCHF, bought at 1.3088 (09:00cet). Made a high at 1.3130. + 42 pips.

GBPUSD, sold at 1.7496 (09:30cet). Made a low at 1.7467. + 29 pips.

Nina

This is just for the ones that get sick easily:

USDJPY, sold at 118,42 yesterday. Made a low so far at 116,42. + 200 pips.

Sorry.

Danji:
Hello together,

@ Irorad or Ninaor somebody else: Can you explain me the StepMa Stoch-Indicator or post a link where it is explained. I need the mathematical formula to understand what I see.

Thanks

Danji

Hi,

Formula of Stochastic or WPR is used in this undicator:

Stofast = (Price1 - DnBorder)/(UpBorder-DnBorder)

Stoslow = (Price2 - DnBorder)/(UpBorder-DnBorder),

where

Price1 = StepMAmin for Stepmin = Kwatr * minimum of Volatility or WATR(PeriodWATR);

Price2 = StepMAmid for Stepmid = Kwatr * middle of Volatility or WATR(PeriodWATR);

Kwatr - sensitivity ratio;

UpBorder, DnBorder - up & down borders of Step Channel:

UpBorder = StepMAmax + Stepmax

DnBorder = StepMAmax - Stepmax,

where

StepMAmax for Stepmax = Kwatr * maximum of Volatility or WATR(PeriodWATR);

Stepmid = (Stepmax+Stepmin)/2

Igor

mibl:
Are you still in, made some tiny pips or stopped out yet? Perhaps this is only a small consolidation... -

Hi mibl!

I sell at 1.1919 and close at 1.1905 +14point