/---- TODO: Add your code.

// input

// files must be in expert/files directory,

string csv_filename = "USDCHF1440.csv";

string hst_filename = "TEST.hst";

int i_period = 1440;

int i_digits = 4;

string c_symbol = "USDCHF";

It means that csv file should be in files folder, you should change the name of your file (from USDCHF1440.csv to your name), select the name of resulting hst file, select the digits and timeframe.

Just change it inside the code and compile.

what is the digit?

elepoutre:
what is the digit?

I think it is this one

int i_digits = 4;

For example: 1.24 is i_digits = 2.

1.241 is i_digits = 3.

May be.

I am not very suer. But it is this settings i_digits.

Which data do you want to have?

For which program?

Is there a script to get data from MetaTrader into MetaStock?

Thanks

Iam a total novice here so any help would be great.

I have the ELwave 8.0 software and to date I have been using e-signal, but they change there fees almost monthly and I do not wish to pay for there platforms as I use MT4 platforms for my brokers...

Now can anyone please help me , is it possible to use the live data from a MT4 platform and put it in a format so I can use it with Elwave....

It needs to be a simple method as Iam not a expert in these matters..

Glenn

historical data into global server,metastock

i was wondering if anyone could write a script that could create a text file like the one attached that could be imported into metastock. or if it is possible for a script that would export the file into an XPO format? any help would be appreciated.

Files:
daily.txt  5 kb
60-min.txt  85 kb

Export tick/candle data using DLL in EA

Hello,

Did anyone try to export tick/candle data from MT using DLL in EA?

To either store it in som DB or even CSV file..

Thanks for any comments.

I need something simular.

Importing Met4 Data into multicharts (same as TS8/Owndata)

Time charts work great but It wont do tick due to problems with history.

Anyone found a fix ?

Mart

Time difference

I'm sure this has been covered before but can't seem to find it so apologies. My MT4 is set an hour a head of GMT. I've tweaked a script that someone kindly put on these forums to export OHLCs into excel and I have excel calculating myown PPs. However, the data is all inaccurate because for example a 4hr period instead of being 00:00-04:00 is 01:00-05:00.

Anyone got any ideas?

dgrspencer:
I'm sure this has been covered before but can't seem to find it so apologies. My MT4 is set an hour a head of GMT. I've tweaked a script that someone kindly put on these forums to export OHLCs into excel and I have excel calculating myown PPs. However, the data is all inaccurate because for example a 4hr period instead of being 00:00-04:00 is 01:00-05:00. Anyone got any ideas?

Why has the above message been put in another thread? It doesn't seem to be connected....