Forex data converters - page 7

a7med:
I got this file in this forum....... copied it to the indicator folder but in metatrader when i double click it nothing happens.....as if the files are not supported by MT4...... if anybody could post a guide it will b really helpfull......

Is not an indicator, just EA.

Install and look inside \experts\files\

MT4 vs IDloader

Hello All,

I am struggling with OHLC values that differ quite a bit between IDLOADER and MT4.

1. Why are they so different? Very huge difference in 1hr time-frames.

2. I believe FXDD is GMT+3 in EST; could you please tell me what IDloader uses?

3. I am trying to test some strategies and I am using mt4/fxdd data. Is that the right way to test strategies since I will be using the same data going forward in real time?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

IDloader from fxclub?

Look at this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172929/page2

If you are planning to use FXDD Metatrader so it is better to use FXDD data.

Also look at this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Have you been able to solve the problem so far? how?

FXSamurai:
Hi, I've also been trying to use the "csv_to_hst.mq4" script. It seems pretty straightforward to use, but I'm having a problem with it.

Whenever I try to open an off-line chart from a history file that was created with this script, the chart gives the message "waiting for refreshment" (or whatever the text is in English, my version is in French, and says "attente de rafraichissement"). In other words, it's waiting for new data, when it shouldn't...

When I open other files off-line (such as those created by the period converter script), I don't have that problem at all. So it must have to do with the script.

To be sure, I also tested this with MT data, having exported MT EUR-USD daily data to a CSV file, then converting it with the script. But to no avail.

Anyone knows what could be wrong?

Is there something about the setting that should be reckoned with?

To create the file I adjust the settings as instructed here and in the script, compile it, save it, then relaunch MT, and double click the script to create the file. Can't see what more to do.

Thanks for all help...

Hi there I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Has anybody found a solution for this? if so can you post it exactly (e.g. the code that has to be changed/modyfied)?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

IDLoader

Hi ,

I have never succeed to get realtime data with IDLaoder... I have tried to translate the russian doc, but unfortunately I have not find what I am doing wrong...

Could someone please help me ??!!! it makes a loooooong time that I am using data refresh every 1min. Also How can I create new metastock files ? For example for EURJPY ? Does it this metastock files that are refresh in realtime ?

Here are some sceenshots to explain :

Files:
1_1.jpg  100 kb
2.jpg  69 kb
3.jpg  102 kb

Ok I have understood, I need a client server like the one in metastock. So now it work in real time in metastock but I want to use it with an other software which have not any client server so I don't know what can I do...

Livewire:
how can i convert Metastock stock data into Advanced Get.

I was going thro some of the postings in this discussion area, and see what are some of the problems encountered and in what way i can assist.

I dont know whether you have found the answer to your problem. I had this problem too in my early usage of Advanced Get. The process is:-

1) Click "File", "Data Paths"

2) A Data Paths window pops up

3) Click "Add" and another "Format" window pops up

4) Click "Metastock File Library", then click "OK"

5) A new item will be added to the "Data Paths" window.

6) Click "Properties" and a "Metastock File Library" window pops up.

7) Click the "...." to search for the folder that containers your Metastock data files

7) Then click "OK" to close those pop up windows.

Hope you won't have a headache doing the above but that is the process.

After that, as usual, you click "File" and "New Chart" to search and call up your metastock file.

--------------------

A more interesting exercise is: Exporting MetaTrader 4 forex data (any time frame) to csv file and then converting this into Metastock file so that it can be read by Advanced Get (the Professional version). You need a data converter called "Convert2ms". This is a commercial software costing around USD30.00; I have not bought this tho I have tried their trial version (14 days only and hanles 50 records!!!!). The conversion is very fast.

Enjoy yourself.

Great! Thanks

Price and time

is their a way to log a price at a specific time into excel, script or something

What i am trying to do is set up excel DDE server to fill a cell at a specific time

Kurka Fund:
Here is a script that I wrote for MT.... when you run it, it creates a csv file called "KCaptureTheMajors.csv" in your mt > files directory. You can open this file with Excel to do price analysis.

the file contains OHLC pricing for the EURUSD, USDJPY,USDCHF,GBPUSD going back to the start date you select on whatever timeframe you want.

you have to make sure that you have the history data loaded in the platform. Hope you find it usefull.

There are some limitations however.... mainly if you want to look back a year with one munite data for some reason metatrader will only create files with 65390 rows of data in it. so if you multiply 65390 by your time frame thats as far back as you can look.

Please feel free to make as many modifications as you would like....but if you do post them here for everyone.

Also I would suggest that you run it on the EURUSD.

Tws -> mt4

[20:02:40] CHAR деси сървър: We use data from (trader work station TWS) as there are many instruments, which are still

unavailable in MT4. Quotes is recorded in 5sek and 5min intervals in a database. We want to

analyze data in MT4, in real time.

1. How to import data into MT4?

2. We have tried to import data to MT4 offline graphic by HST (historical) fails. So graphics load,

but is not currently refresh, after adding new data in them through a script or indicator hooked on

this graph, which is constantly refresh HST fail.