Looking for Trend and indecision

Hi Guys,

Very newbie question here i'm sure, but I am basically writing my first EA and am banging my head against the wall.

Basically I am looking to spot a candle stick trend followed by indecision, I want to look at the last 3 candles, see that the 2nd and 3rd to last candles are showing a trend and the last candles before the current on shows indecision. What is the best way to store candle body sizes of past trend candles as well as the wicks and body of the indecision.

I was playing around with something like this but not really working, below is jsut me having a play but wondering if i am going about this the wrong way of if there is a lot easier way of getting these values.

extract from code:

<CODE REMOVED>

Thanks in Advance for any info.

Crul 

Crul:

Hi Guys,

Very newbie question here i'm sure, but I am basically writing my first EA and am banging my head against the wall.

Basically I am looking to spot a candle stick trend followed by indecision, I want to look at the last 3 candles, see that the 2nd and 3rd to last candles are showing a trend and the last candles before the current on shows indecision. What is the best way to store candle body sizes of past trend candles as well as the wicks and body of the indecision.

I was playing around with something like this but not really working, below is jsut me having a play but wondering if i am going about this the wrong way of if there is a lot easier way of getting these values.

Thanks in Advance for any info.

Crul 

Post your code with the src button. Its hard to read your code.

doshur:
Post your code with the src button. Its hard to read your code.

Hey doshur,

my code is all over the place at the moment so would probably confuse the situation. the bit in there that i was interested in was

<CODE REMOVED>

would that code above be the best was to find the open and close of the 1st candle before the current, e.g add them together to find the body?

and  mrate[2].open, mrate[2].close would be 2 candles from the current? I basically want to work out the size of these candles and from there can work out if they are big or small etc.

Thanks 

Crul:

Hey doshur,

my code is all over the place at the moment so would probably confuse the situation. the bit in there that i was interested in was

As already asked, please edit your posts and  use the SRC button when you post code.