Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Linux" - page 6

There is a way to pack windows apps on linux. Maybe this could be implemented https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-for-testing-snap-windows-apps-with-sommelier-core/18728
Call for testing: snap Windows apps with sommelier-core
  • galgalesh
  • forum.snapcraft.io
is an attempt to create a universal script for snapping Windows applications. It merges the original sommelier script from @Wimpress, @popey and @daniel with the work @mmtrt is doing to create platform snaps for Wine. The goal of this script is that “everything just works”. Please test it out and let me know if you find any issues. Uses Wine...

Danilo Alculete:
Maybe this could be implemented 

I hope not.

I don't like snap at all.

Danilo Alculete:
There is a way to pack windows apps on linux. Maybe this could be implemented https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-for-testing-snap-windows-apps-with-sommelier-core/18728

How about flatpak?  

Hello everyone, 

Do you have any idea how I can fix the proxy problem?

I have ubuntu18.043.5 LTS 64bit

Here's a little guide on how to install metatrader on different distributions. Feel free to add to the list.

Arch 5.16.0+ (Wine 7):

sudo pacman -S wine  // Installs wine

sudo pacman -S lib32-gnutls  // Installes libarry to prevent proxy question

cd Downloads

wine64 icmarketssc5setup.exe  // Or whatever your metatrader installer file is called

Ubuntu 20.04+ / Mint 20.1+ / Popos 20.04+ / ZorinOs 16+:

sudo apt install wine // Installs older stable wine.

cd Downloads

wine64 icmarketssc5setup.exe  // Or whatever your metatrader installer file is called

Fedora 35+:

sudo dnf install wine

cd Downloads

In case of missing wine32u.dll or similar. The few missing dlls are located in another place in the /home/.wine folder.

Because not all the missing dll's are actually required, getting the first one(s?) will fix the rest.

Copy them one by one into the .wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/ folder until it works. (mark show hidden files to see .wine directory in home folder)

MT5 with MQL5 Market is working perfectly fine on modern Wine versions. It's been years since you wrote this article, update it to reflect changes. Everything works.

Fedora 35+:

sudo dnf install wine

In respect of Fedora and other yum/dnf based distro's one would normally add a repo, such as below - otherwise you may end up with the distro vendors default version of wine, which most likely is outdated.

sudo dnf -y install dnf-plugins-core
sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/fedora/36/winehq.repo # pay attention to version!
sudo dnf -y install winehq-stable

I was trying to keep the guide as simple as possible and I've never had a problem with Fedora running an old version of wine.
I think they renew their repository at least once per half year?
But of course for those that want bleeding edge, it's a good tip.

I can install MT5 with this tutorial: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_linux

Unfortunately I cannot get my own indicators to be recognized by the program at all.

I am in the right directory and have refreshed and even restarted the program and PC.

On windows they are working fine.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Installation on Linux - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
Installation on Linux - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The platform runs on Linux using Wine. Wine is a free compatibility layer that allows application software developed for Microsoft Windows to run...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Linux"

peep, 2019.06.15 14:50

Yes, color dialogue doesn't work properly in Linux / Wine ( last dev version staging 4.10 64bit) and verification test on Wine stable version 3.0.1 and 4.0.1 64bit (PlayOnLinux) with the same result.

The strange thing is that the color dialog works normal in all simple default indicator Moving Average, Ichimoku kinko hyo,etc., which don't have the classic tabs "Input Parameters" and "Colors" - In these, it does not work, but the change color using the keyboard arrow works, but you don't see thecolor you are changing.. It is the only problem with Metatrader 5 that I have encountered in Wine for a year when using it on Linux, surprisingly Strategy tester MT5 is much faster in Linux/Wine than in Windows 10. The Color dialogue also works normally when change the chart colors. The problem occurs in Indicators/Experts/Scriptes on the tabs "Inputs parameters", "Color" and in the Strategy tester.

If the annoying problem with the color dialog was fixed, the MT5 functionality on Linux would be perfect. Everything else works normally, including "Market".

From the fact that the color dialog works elsewhere, one can assume with a high degree of certainty that the little bug is somewhere in the MT5 source code.

Same for me about color dialogue didn't show up via "Inputs" tab. But for me, latest MT5 build 3521 it's wine 7.0 (stable) on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

3 things didn't work for me.

1. Color selection via "Inputs" tab as quoted above.

2. New reports via Alt+E will show nothing on the window screen. Debug log as attached.

3. OpenCL cannot find my GPU (RX 570 AMD) same as this thread. Only detect CPU if installed driver properly (for me via RoCm).

Edit
4. A comment tooltip for input variable will be left hanging there as seen in the image below. Only way to cure this is to close the editing file, and reopen it.

To reproduce (use example from image), move cursor to end of inp_london_close_open_end_minute then delete e, then enter e. IDE will show a comment tooltip at the location
wherever mouse cursor is at. Now it will be left hanging there.

Discussion of article "How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations"
Discussion of article "How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations"
  • www.mql5.com
New article How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations is published: Author: MetaQuotes...
Files: