Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Linux" - page 5

Is there anyone who can confirm that color-changing in MT5 indicator's Inputs doesn't work on Linux?

linux80s:
Is there anyone who can confirm that color-changing in MT5 indicator's Inputs doesn't work on Linux?

Yes, color dialogue doesn't work properly in Linux / Wine ( last dev version staging 4.10 64bit) and verification test on Wine stable version 3.0.1 and 4.0.1 64bit (PlayOnLinux) with the same result.

The strange thing is that the color dialog works normal in all simple default indicator Moving Average, Ichimoku kinko hyo,etc., which don't have the classic tabs "Input Parameters" and "Colors" - In these, it does not work, but the change color using the keyboard arrow works, but you don't see thecolor you are changing.. It is the only problem with Metatrader 5 that I have encountered in Wine for a year when using it on Linux, surprisingly Strategy tester MT5 is much faster in Linux/Wine than in Windows 10. The Color dialogue also works normally when change the chart colors. The problem occurs in Indicators/Experts/Scriptes on the tabs "Inputs parameters", "Color" and in the Strategy tester.

If the annoying problem with the color dialog was fixed, the MT5 functionality on Linux would be perfect. Everything else works normally, including "Market".

From the fact that the color dialog works elsewhere, one can assume with a high degree of certainty that the little bug is somewhere in the MT5 source code.

its asking me for proxy server

Awesome post , I found a great solution for trading with python and metatrader 

Update fall 2020

There's a font needed that is not installed with the winetricks core font pack.

It's called marlett.ttf

maybe it's installed automatically on wine with Ubuntu, but not with fedora.

It's the letter "x" used to close windows.

The market works as it should.

Colors for all built in indicators can be changed.

But the color palette under the tab color on some custom indicators, does not work.

I'm using Fedora 32, Wine 5.16 (64bit)

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Finally we've got an opportunity to try the new trade terminal - MetaTrader 5 . No doubt, it is noteworthy and has many new features as compared to its predecessor. The important advantages of this platform among others are: Essentially modified language allowing now to use the object-oriented programming, still allowing to use the rich...

shay ronen:
Awesome post , I found a great solution for trading with python and metatrader 
I tried it, but it crashes MetaTrader5 when running through Wine. Maybe it works in Windows. In Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.1), no luck.

Can someone recommend a windows emulator that could work on an ARM processor? As far as I know, Wine cannot be run at all on ARM architecture whereas on x86 processors, it can.

For the information, I wanted to run it on LXDE distribution of Linux. It is not much of a huge Linux distribution but it is for embedded systems and Lubuntu is not accepted and neither is Windows IoT.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Guillaume Perinet:

Can someone recommend a windows emulator

Wine is not an emulator.

The last Lubuntu with LXDE is 18.04.05 or Bionic Beaver.

Arm processors are not supported and i do not think that they will ever be.

In such case its best to just switch hardware to a compatible architecture.

MetaTrader 5 running fine on OpenSUSE leap 15.2 using wine 5.0. 

Meta quotes should come up with meta trader 4 and 5 which can work in  Linux with no wine application or no need for a virtual machine. If the software that saw in windows they have the same software in Linux this means that meta quotes should come up with meta trader 4 and 5 for client who use Linux as their operating system.  Time has now passed for people to use wine that have never been stable. Also I would rather use a virtual machine than use wine in my Linux OS. This virtual machine might also come at a price also if you dont have good specs to run the virtual machine. So I would like meta quotes to develop a platform similar to those of  windows (meta trader 4 and 5) if other software are able to develop a software for both linux and windows you are no different you can still develop it