MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 726

I am currently investigating the best approach to minimize/eliminateterminal ‘freeze-ups’ during periods of high volatility. My assumption is thatduring these periods my MT4 instance is reacting to new ticks before it hasfinished recalculating Indicators, hence the ‘freeze-ups’, which can last...
I would like to change my EA to use for Binary Options strategy testing. The idea seemed simple - Open a trade on a new candle and close on a new candle - thisway you could test the ea for 1 minute, 5 minute, 30 minute and even on 1 hour timeframes. I tried different things but a trade just opens...
Hi there,   I'm using an EA on MT4 build 670. I have a question regarding the Sleep() function: if I use the function and let the EA "sleep" for 10 seconds,  will if freeze completely even if there are new pips? or will new pips cause the "start" section run all over for every new pip again and then...
[Deleted]
I got a question about when a order is filled during a backtest: 1) OP_BUYSTOP at  1.3400 Current Ask at     1.3399 Next tick Ask at    1.3402 The limit order is filled at 1.3400, right? 2) OP_BUY if Ask    >= 1.3400 Current Ask at         1.3399 Next tick Ask at        1.3402 The market order is...
hello everybody,  I want to programm an EA, that opens at a certain time (which the user can define) pending orders and I have problems with this date and time functions like TimeCurrent(). Until now I have this:  extern datetime time = D'2014.08.15 11:10:00';  and now I want to compare this time...
Hello, I was experimenting with an EA but I got stuck when I tried to make it close all orders when 20% drawdown is reached. The code is extremely simple, in fact it is randomly opening orders, I just wanted to see if I have basic coding skills. So, up to the question - I tried to limit the maximum...
  HTTP Post  (2)
Hello, can anybody show me, simple example for HTTP POST methode with WebRequest function. thanks 
[Deleted]
Good morning. I am Luis Eduardo Piedrahita, I work in the Engineering School Antioquia, we are a academic institution. The question is, the software MetaTrader 4 can use in the academy ?  ¿The license is free?  Thanks.       
Yesterday, MT4 popped up saying Build 625 update is done that I didn't aware that all mq4 files were overwritten. Then I backup image (whole hard drive) last night. Until this morning I open one of the mq4 files through MetaEditor - I am surprised that all my recent code is gone. The last code was...
Hallo,  Im looking for a function in MQL4 that allows trading volume to  be set at 0.01 lotz if balance drops 10%   Can anybody help me please?   Kind Regards 
[Deleted]
ObjectCreate() is not working in backtest optimization, right? (I am using build 401 ;) )
Hello, On many of the EA's I have there is a function that will prevent buying or selling at a certain distance from the top or bottom of the market. It is user set in the variables i.e Points_Bars, Points_Restrict, Points_Period etc. Is it possible to code it so the user has the option of entering...
I was wondering if there was a way to watch past candlesticks form. Is there an indicator or way i can do this?   I would like to watch them form instead of just popping up to the current live candle. This would help me a great deal. Especially if I was able to watch them form with indicators that I...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am new here, hope to get support from you. I just downloaded MT 4 platform (482kb) file, then I run this.exe file getting a message that mt4setup.exe has encountered a problem andneeds to close And if click on more details> error signature appname:mt4setup.exe appver:5.0.0966 modname...
hi all friends  i found an automatic ea for putting SL & TP , could any body help me adding a trailing stop to this expert? . i ll appreciate any help or advice
Good afternoon, I hope you are fine. I was wandering of someone could please explain the difference between these two values... MODE_MARGININIT     => Initial margin requirements for 1 lotMODE_MARGINREQUIRED => Free margin required to open 1 lot for buying I can see their values are different. If...
Hello ,I want to find a way to close several opening positions at the same time, as soon as possible .I have some code below...   for(int i=0;i<total;i++)        {         if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))            continue;         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()            //&&...
  Meta editor  (6)
My meta editor isn't working correctly, compiling doesn't work sometimes. Do i need to get a 'fresh' meta editor file, or is there some repair possible?   Ed 
  Error -1  (4)
What is Error -1 When i try to send an order in gold sometimes i get -1 error and sometimes it is executed. Any help??    This is the code i am using to send a buy void OpenBY(){   int li_0;   if(!IsTradeContextBusy())   {      li_0 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, Slipage, 0,...
  Downloading tick data  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
There is a software program that reads tick data from a website: Dukascopy I am attaching the software. However, downloading tick data from the website or using the above program is extremely slow or does not happen at all due to errors/overloading of the website. Please advise if there are other
[Deleted]
Hello,   I need to write code for this. Every day I open two positions. One for BUY one for SELL. I set up T/P and S/L for both of them. I repeat this every day. I need to detect when is event of T/P from day 1, that pending order no.2 will be deleted. For example: 1st day: order BUY1, order SELL1...
I have difficulties to save a correct Report from history using Windows 8.1. It is not possible to read it correctly,it doesn't work with OS Windows 8.1. Can anybody give an advice how to fix it ? Thanks.
  PERIOD_H8  (2)
I have written an EA in MQL4 which returns some information about the previous bar with the following lines: double H1 = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1);double L1 = iLow(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1);double R1 = H1 - L1;double HC = (H1 - C1) / R1; This works fine there is no problem. However if I change this code...
[Deleted]
Hi I wonder if I can use MT4 for getting EMA, MACD, stochastics crossover on stocks. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to make an indicator that takes 4 entry values (Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic Oscillator Slow, RSI(9) and RSI(14)), powers them to some set weights (w11 to w14) and then multiplies the result to store it in a variable (S1). Then, this variable is multiplied by another set...
Hi:   I met a problem when I use the OrderModify to change the stop value, an error pops as: OrderModify error 1 For example, the message occurs when I try to place the stop 3 pips under the low price of previous close candle.  It seems not affecting the result, but just keep showing the error...
[Deleted]
Hello Im trying to install already downloaded templates and indicators on meta trader 4 however, when going on to the platform and loading templates these files do not show up. I am placing file in the templates folder. Anyone experience this type of problem.
[Deleted]
DDE and excel - Volume I am not getting volume to work, the mt4 sample does not have volume I have tried these but not getting volume to work i have bid,ask,hi,low working but not volume ='MT4'|VOL!EURUSD ='MT4'|VOLUME!EURUSD =MT4|VOL!EURUSD =MT4|VOLUME!EURUSD
[Deleted]
if(CheckValueTime==iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0)) return(0);else CheckValueTime = iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0); I got this code from other forum and I have this code in my ea too. And I got a different results between with and with out this code. With this code it's can run optimization faster than without. I...
My MT4 folder has more than 60GB capacity. I found there many logs in subfolders C:\Program Files\MT4\logs and C:\Program Files\MT4\testes\logs Many files was grater than 3,4,5,6 GB ! How to disable logs on Meta Trader 4 ?