MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 708

Hello guys, Just created an a EA and got a confusion on myself what period of backtesting should i chose for H1 and M15 time-frame trades(as parameters are different for 1M and 3M backtesting results) ? And how occasionally you are reviewing the results and adjusting yours EA? Cheers, V 
Bye bye MetaTrader 4! MONEX Group formally announces phase-out Please read the link below and explain if this is true or not. If it is true then what does it mean to the traders who are using MeatTrader 4? http://leaprate.com/2014/10/bye-bye-metatrader-4-monex-group-formally-announces-phase-out/ TIA
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm creating an EA that uses the: -Stochastics (Main line); -SMA21 on Stochastics ("First Indicators Data"), to generate signals. The problem is that the  "SMA21 on Stochastics" always return 0 , why ?   Here's an extract of the code: int start() {    if(!IsBarClosed(0, true)) return(0);...
//| Script program start function                                    |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //+------------------------------------------------------------------+void OnStart()  {//---  long currChart,prevChart=ChartFirst();   int i=0,limit=100;...
All, I have traded manually for just over a year now and have come up with a few strategies that have started to work and then succumbed to my lack of discipline. In order to counter that I have gone through the MQL4 book and am trying to learn to code an EA with parameters I can adjust and test....
Has anyone implemented Hashlists or Sets in the new MQL4? Traditional data structures - would love tomsee the code!
  OBJ_HLINE . . .  (8)
I've modified the code found here - https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_hline And, I've successfully increased the width of the horizontal line to 20 I can move it where I wish on the chart. I'm trying to create horizontal lines at the places where Market Profile shows...
Hi, there I am creating new EA and adding just simple lines:   double sm1a=iStochastic(NULL,Period(),5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,2);   printf("STOCH   ",sm1a);  When i put that one into my chart and go to experts tab each time the bar closes i see word STOCH, but there is no value next to it....
I deleted an EA in the windows folder today with MT4 open and running with the same EA loaded and it is still open and smiling and running on the chart?   So although it is not in the windows folder anymore it still appears to run in MT4.   If MT4 then shuts and re-opens the EA is not longer there...
Hello, In my tester the EA I created is working as I wanted.  Know on demo I see that the results after a ew OnTick occured are different. Well in the new OnTick part. I first fill two array's (values from some indicators...360 bars back) get the incoming new tick and put it in a array. After that I...
Hi, I'm looking for an MT4 One Click-Trading Addon, with which I can buy/sell positions by clicking a button (like the actually MT4 One Clicktrading) feature, but the positions from the click-trading should appears in the trading tab only as one position for each symbol (all position not created...
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Handling BookEvent has been published at mql5.com: This article considers BookEvent - a Depth of Market event, and the principle of its processing. An MQL program, handling states of Depth of Market, serves as an example. It is written using the object-oriented approach....
I propose to write a joint advisor. I think it will help me to answer many interesting questions (about this after the project is finished), and secondly, maybe we will make a grail together:) And finally, for beginners (which I think I am in programming terms) it will be interesting to learn how to
[Deleted]
#property indicator_maximum and #property indicator_minimum are being ignored in my indicator. I can set them manually, but i want to drop the indicator on more than one chart and don't want to have to do it manually. I'm using: #property indicator_maximum 10 #property indicator_minimum 0 PS: I...
New article How to Access the MySQL Database from MQL5 (MQL4) has been published: The article describes the development of an interface between MQL and the MySQL database. It discusses existing practical solutions and offers a more convenient way to implement a library for working with databases....
Hi MQL community, After manipulating one of my EA today, I noticed that the IMA function will always return 0 if it's not called with a 'standard' MT4 timeframe. For example, it returns 0 if doing: iMA(null,PERIOD_M20,[....]) or iMA(null,PERIOD_M10,[....]) The MQL doc for iMA says to use any of the...
How do i get the Point amount caculation  between OrderOpenPrice and StoppLoss in an open order? thanks 
Hi,  I have spent a frustrating few hours attempting to rename an Rectangle object from a class function call inside the OnEvent.   void OnChartEvent(const int id,                  const long &lparam,                  const double &dparam,                  const string &sparam)  {//---   m_Prime...
[Deleted]
Hi mql4 Forum! Ive downloaded the script from this forum post: https://forum.mql4.com/35708/page2 to export my history. I changed it so that it creates a txt and not a csv file and im importing the file directly to excel. My question: The file noe does not contain the open trades. Is it possible to
Hello, i have next code and as title says i would like to have the expiry from pending to be used for the open position. eg.: I open pending at 2:15 with expiry at 3:15. If position will be open at 3:14 i would like to be close at 3:15. void ClosePosition(){   int ticket = OrderTicket();...
[Deleted]
Hi there,I would appreciate if someone could please answer this question.I have an indicator that works on Metatrader4 on a PC. I would also like it to ensure it works on Metatrader4 on a MAC but don't have one. Are there any changes I need to make for it to work on a MAC?Thanks in advance for...
dear coders, how can one modify OrderComment? thanks
Got a really silly problem with my MetaEditor, i tried to reinstall, and tried different brokers MT4s, nothing works.., i wonder to how can i fix this thing, cause it is not to configurable not to use the F1..., when i press the F1 on a selected word, it just moves to the Help Tab, but wont show...
hey, can someone add an email alert to this indicator so that when it crosses lines it sends me and email?  ty
Hi I have an EA which works great in real time, however the results differ during back testing. In back testing signals are being triggered when they shouldn't be. I've isolated the problem to be the ADX indicators. Specifically to either +DI or -DI. When you look at the data plotted on the chart...
[Deleted]
Hello, Currently i have installed MT4 Report on my online server, and i am getting all the data of MT4 into mySQL database. I am  looking for a solution to have the data of MT4 in MongoDB insteaf of mySQL I know that i can sync mySQL database to MongoDB but this is not the best solution as the...
Running /portable mode and I also removed permissions to write to the appdata\roaming\metaquotes folder since I do not want any files anywhere outside of the installation directory. Right now directory is C:\Custom\Metatrader\ It's reading indicators out of C:\Custom\Metatrader\MQL4\Indicators
Hello, I installed MT4 on Win 8 and when I attempt to use the external dll library similar to the sample that coming with MT4 I get an error " can't load library xxx.dll error 126". What is the problem that causes the sample of MT4 to not working also ? If anyone face this problem and can help I...
Hi,  I'm learning to program. I already used several functions, but now I want to know how to program multi time frame indicators. For example, how I can get signals fractals "m15" in "m5" (current time frame)?  I do not know how to work with functions of time or bars.  If anyone can tell me how I...
Hi,  I am a new member in this web. I am learning to programm on mql4. First i create two indicators: - create arrows with values of fractal down - create arrows with values of fractal up.   Now, i want connect this two indicator with other indicator wit the function "icustom". I have this for...