MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 706

[Deleted]
  MT4 Plugins  (2)
Hello, please help me 1. How to install development environment for the MT4 plugins? What language does the API use? Where can we download the API? 2. Where can we obtain technical documentation (MT4 API description)? Links to tutorials, code examples, etc. are very welcome too. At least provide me...
For over 2 years now I have been using an EA (FATv3 Trader On Chart BASIC4.ex4) for One Click Entries on my Charts. With the latest update MT4 (Build 745) continues to Trail my SL regardless of what I'm doing !!!! Removing the EA used to stop the SL in its place - NOT ANYMORE !!!    Now removing...
Hello, After last update of MT4 platform (Build 711 and newer versions) I have a problem with One Click Trader script included in this software. Every time when I turn it on in the upper left corner on the main chart and restart the platform script back on to hiding. How to fix that? I never had...
Hello, One broker has changed mt4 provider and moved all orders from one provider to another one but now all magic numbers of the old provider are missing in the new one. I know it is not possible using MQL to change the magic number of an order. I am asking here if the owner of full license of mt4...
Hi all, With Point you get the point value of the Quote Currency (QC). How do i get the Point Value of a pair expressed in my Account Currency (AC)? So if trading USD/JPY, i want to know the point value of that pair in EUR, as that is my AC. I know MT4 has a function or constant for that, but i...
There is this code to programmatically a chart https://forum.mql4.com/24948#194891 But a call like this: ChartWindow("EURUSD"); ChartWindow("GBPJPY"); ChartWindow("AUDUSD"); only works for the first symbol, the second and third window don't open, why is this so ? I modified the code to take...
 Hello,   1) Is there any way to disable mt4 auto-update? I mean how can I trust an expert advisor, which can go crazy any day :)    2) Is there any way to choose prefered datacenter manually? I mean auto connecting filter is a ping, my personal - minimal reconnects :)   Thanks in advance.
Hello, I'm still trying to debug my EA, by clicking on the "debug" green button on top of the metaeditor, in the log I see that it correctly builds and compile the EA and dependencies, but the debugging doesn't start, and the button remains green. in the log in the terminal I see the following
Hi, I just realized that if I Print("something") I read in the Expert-Jounal: 0       09:50:28.626    myEA EURUSD,M1: something What means that 0 at the beginning? Here all the lines (so far) start with that 0. In the Journal-Tab it is similar: 2       09:50:27.783    Expert myEA EURUSD,M1: loaded...
hello guys I bought a new laptop with QHD display (3200x1800) and ran into a problem when using MetaTrader 4. Terminal, market view, navigator, all controls is too very small for effective use. Is there some way to set up MT4 to work with such a resolution
When you open the EAs from code base, you can see the main fuction is onstart() instead of ontick(). So I'm confused how the EA can work normally without ontick(). How can script work as EA? Could anyone please advise or comment? Thanks.
I've been away a while.. lots changed! But today I'm getting ObjectFind return "true" when there is no object with that name... void OnStart () { if ( ObjectFind ( 0 , "456" )) Alert ( "found: 456" ); else Alert ( "not found: 456" ); return ; } You get the same
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I try to create custom indicator that show D1 value of target indicator on H4 chart. It works ok on everyday but Friday. D1 value of Friday is not show up on H4 chart. Any help is very much appreciated. for(int i=1;i<=limit ;i++) { d1bar_1 = iBarShift(Symbol(), D1, Time[i]) + 1; //...
  RSI Code  (11   1 2)
Hi everybody I wrote a mql4 program to get the RSI value in every tick. But now I have a problem and get different values. could you please help me to find out my mistake?   double get_RSI_value (double & price[][6], double period) {   double tmp = 0.0;   double Avg_Positive = 0.0;   double...
[Deleted]
After Build 670 Became Build 711 I noticed that if you activate "Auto Trading" then any trade immediately closes. This occurs even if no EA is loaded onto a chart. So I have to keep "Auto Trading" turned off and I cannot run any EA.  Paul 
[Deleted]
Is there a way to find / display the yearly High and Low, of a currency pair? Can somebody point me in the right direction?Thanks!
why does the following line of code produce these two warning messages - "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number' " "implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' "    Also it returns a value (Price) of 0.0, despite the Trendline ("test2a") intersecting m15 Time[1]...
{      double A;      bool res,resC;      if(OrdersTotal()>0)      res=OrderSelect(SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);      A=OrderOpenTime();      int B=iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,3,A);      if(B)      if(OP_SELL)      resC=OrderClose(NULL,0.01,Ask,3,clrRed);      } Hi there! I'm trying to get the...
what is best way for trade once per bar ??? or for create only 1 object at bar. and how I can do to procced my EA full? I mean to ignoring new tickets to reset my ea from a new beginning on every tick so ea can procced all code in it.
As you can see, the tester works perfectly well, but when it gets to 2006-11-03 (vertical blue crosshair line) it will stop. No matter what testing dates I select it always stops at that point so I have to do another testing from a few days after all the way to 2014. I never had this problem...
[Deleted]
I am trying to do repetitive ordermodify task but wish to keep track of which orders had been affected to avoid repeats. How best can I do this? Ideas needed please. Cheers
[Deleted]
Hi All,  I am coding a system which will be placing only one trade per day . On the next day if market meets my requirements  , selected order must be reversed , e.g. sell into buy   If the requirements are not met-> the postion should be opened till system reverse it . In that time new trades do...
hi..im having problem with these errors'.' semicolon expected.can someone fix it for me please? ;)
[Deleted]
hello,  Are there a difference between Bars and rates_total?  Are there a difference between IndicatorCounted () and prev_calculated?   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                   Difference.mq4...
What would be the best way to disable any mail notifications at the start-up / launch of metatrader 4. Or maybe block the mail port for X amount of seconds with use of a batch file to launch the program?
Hello everyone                Do not display on the right side of the price scale?     ------------------------------------------------------------     The foreground color is None do not display the price, but But a black edge display.    
Hi everyone, I'm trying to get price information of a symbol from the inside of a custom indicator which is loaded on another symbol. Actually I've tried different combinations of custom indicators/symbols and I can't get the "another symbol rates" to correctly get updated, in order to get, for...
Hi , I'm trying to return the parameters from the OrderClose function event.  I want to load it into an array as each one occurs. Example: When a Take Profit or StopLoss is hit, the order is closed . I want know When and at what price it closed, as it occurs.  The problem I'm having is that the...
I have recently download the meta trader 4 platform.  I have my own back testing engine which stores some output in my sql server database. The output depends on the model I am testing. However the output can just be as simple as the time of entry of a trade. Say I have run a back test simulation (i...
  I made one of these things once ...  (170   1 2 3 4 5 ... 16 17)
One day I suddenly realised a simple thing: least-squares approximation is essentially about minimising a linear combination of vectors. That is, some kind of universal approximator function can be manufactured. It's a done deal, so here is the title of the function