MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 439

Hi, i need help once more,  i never worked with functions before, but when the code starts to increase you have to use them, or you get spaghetti code,  i need help to get more than 1 returned value from each function, it's possible to do it? I've been searching, you can use something like passing...
Hello, It's very glad to contact with you, first. The followings below is my difficulties, and hope you to read and help. I have a pre-made indicator that shows simple arrows for Buy / Sell Entry. This pre-made indicator does not read the values of the 1st previous (closed) candle properly. And the...
  value reduction  (2)
hello, if one function offers me values like 1,1,2,2,1,1,4,4,3 how i can bring them to 1,2,1,4,3.... plz help :)
Hi When I go to the donwload centre to download more date for testing EA. I get a message saying there is no data to download. But for example Crude oil would have dat 1 or 2 years back surely. Can anyone help out why it won't download the data? Thanks
Hi.. need someone to rectify the issues i'm having.. The alert is all working fine... But if the next bar have the same rules, the alert won't appear again as previously it has already appear.. which means the alert only trigger once bool alert[][9]; this the top part of it..   {   int i=0,j=0;...
Hello, I have one modified version of sweetspot indicator(draws lines after 10 pips). Every line value is actually the price,  yes? I'm too dumb of coding and don't understand which variable in this code is the level or let say price? I would like to use this value for comparing something..
[Deleted]
I am running EA to metatrader 4, and I saw that my terminal's memory increasing continuously. My terminal freezes occasionally. I have to restart terminal when freezes. Is there any mq4 functions that can free memory?
i have a new ea to load.  it loads and shows a smiley face and the autotrading button is green, but the ea does not run.  what are the flags and indicators that might need to change to get the ea to run?
this is actually a really major bug which renders the ability to draw trendlines on 1 minute charts useless in mt4(!) like, wow holy crap how could this go unchecked.... i have provided an indicator called copy tline which if you place it on a chart and draw a trendline with the correct name (use...
Hi,  I am having some issues identifying the tops and lows in a indicator. Can someone give me a hand with this?
Hi all,  I would be grateful if someone could advise on the scenario below.  I'm aware a Reason 9 error message is due to terminal closure, however the majority of my EAs have been removed from their charts whilst the terminal was open. I'm now unable to recompile the same EA strategies in...
Hello my friends, I want to build an indicator that show the close for the last X numberof candles only. Therefore, I wrote the attached indicator. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                              Close Oscillator I.mq4...
Hi, I'm looking at MT4 tick-data backtesting & optimizations that take hours/days for intraday scalping strategies. Is there any way to test these strategies much faster ? replacing CPU, outside software that can backtest etc... I have i7-4700HQ 8 cores not too bad but multithreading is useless in...
Hi, i need help to get a number from a CSV file, and assign it to a variable,  this CSV file is very simple, it only have numbers and commas, int handle;int start()         {handle=FileOpen("filecsv", FILE_CSV | FILE_READ);double val = FileReadNumber(handle);// QUESTION- in my CSV  the numbers...
Hi, I wanted to know how should I include Ask price in offline hst files ( version 401 ) for mt4 ? I was testing the period converter script and when I open the generated offline timeframe history, It has the Ask/Bid lines and they are updating. but when I create a offline hst file for a...
Hi, I am having trouble with my code which I use as an extra insurance to close any trades that are too far in the red (more than 7 pips). It seems like it closes trades almost immediately some times. It seems very unstable. I am wondering if a switch operator cannot handle more than one stipulation...
Help! Today i start mt4 and data folder changed to other place on startup! How do i change them all back to original place? Please see this picture:
Hi all,  I write a file in an expert with timestamp, OHLC and Volume obtaining something like: 1522101000,1.24556,1.24559,1.24546,1.24557,126 I would like to have something like: 2018.03.27 21:53:00,1.24556,1.24559,1.24546,1.24557,126 Here is the code: int handle_write = FileOpen( StringConcatenate(...
  different error  (2)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                      Querty2.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2018, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                             https://www.mql5.com...
I'd like to use Script for reading information from external .csv files.  If I know how many files exist and the name of the files it is easy with the code below.  ...but how to modify the file for smooth working  - if I don't know how many files exist - if I don't know the name of the files  ? many...
Hello all!  I'm working on a EA that uses Money Management, I found this code very useful: //+--------------------------------------+//|Manejo de capital                     |//+--------------------------------------+double Lotaje(){ if (Activate_Money_Management == Use_Money_Management) //Si el...
Hello, I ask for your help to add an option to my indicator. it is an RSI multitimeframe alert indicator. I would like to add to the RSI, the indicator Awesome oscillator. currently I get alerts when for example M15 is 90 and M5 to 90 also but I wish that the alert is given only when the awesome...
Hello, concerning the implemented VPS function in Metatrader 4 I have two questions: 1. Assumed I want to place a position manually and sell it by using an EA: Is it possible to place the order manually, transfer the data of the corresponding symbol (including the already placed order and the...
Hallo, I have found this solution (mql-auth) to login into an account from an MQL4 program. It fills by Windows APIs the "Login", the "Password" and the "Server" fields but doesn't care about the "Save account information" checkbox, so it is always checked. How could I uncheck it from the program?...
I am ashamed to have to ask this, after 10+ years of mq4 programming. I have been programming in general for 30+ years, and one of the rules I use is to extensively look for an answer before asking for it. This time I am desperate, actually. Loosing my faith in MT4 (...ehm), or just losing it
Hi everyone I have some great trading ideas, well tested in manual trading and in some basic MQL4 code, but I lack experience in making EAs. The code works fine in indicators, but it fails in EA. For example: For Loops used to fill in and update arrays, they work fine in indicators, and yet the
My understanding is that Constants such as Open[], Close[], etc. automatically shift right each time a new bar is created. As does and Double Array that you designate as an indicator buffer. My question is, can you declare your own arrays that will automatically shift in the same way? So that you...
This Indicator does not repaints its arrows after candle close. Very good for scalping on M1 and M5 time frames. Just need to filter with some other indicators. Some one can please add alerts to this indi when it draws buy and sell arrows
Hi,  Is there any way to plot the Fractals indicator on a different time frame from the current chart? I have tried replacing the High[i] section with the iHigh function with iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H4,0)[i]. However it doesn't seem to work and says an "array is missing [". I am basically looking for it...
Hi, I've written this short script to open 5 charts on the 15 min timeframe and apply a template to those charts, then open another 5 charts on the 5 min timeframe so that I can apply a different template to those. The script runs but the last part doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in...