MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 362

Good evening, I'm a beginner MQL4 developper. I have a question: 1) Suppose I open a trade position with a Take Profit of 5pips and no SL with 0.01 Lot 2)SUppose I close the position with a loss of 0.40 $ 3)If I want recover the previuos loss opening a new position with a TP always of 5 pips how...
  EMA OF EMA  (2)
Hi, I'm a beginner for mq4 programming. I would like help in programming a function that is the average of an average. Knowing the EMA, how to program the EMA1 = f (EMA). ES. EMA = (period 12, exponential, price close) EMA1 = (period 5, exponential, EMA). Thanks to those who can help me....
I want to backtest Period 15 min for a longer period of time for 5 or 6 years. but i cannot backtest it on mt4 for more than 6 months. what can i do with it?
  newbie  (2)
Hello... I am a newbie in trading.. wants to play my card in this field.. can anybody tell me what to do first?
Here i want to introduce a new free addon for mt4 as preview. I am currently testing a product called mt4gui. This product makes possible to place buttons, text fields, list fields directly onto chart; here is a preview screenshoot which is already working http://fx1.net/wiki/uploads/img_7.png
I am trying to introduce an expiry date code in the indicator below but I keep getting errors. Someone have a look and help.
Is there any function in MQL4 which allows me to open a url in the browser?
Hi Im new to MQL4. As I understood from what I read online, OnTick() is called when a new tick comes. I understood as a change in the chart graph, i.e. price change . But when I attached my tester EA with counter to increase everytime the OnTick is called, it keeps on increasing every second. Id
Hi folks! I am wondering whether it is possible to simulate withdrawals while backtesting. I dont like to see the balance going up to hundred thousands k cause it is not realistic... I think everyone agrees that one takes out money when the balance reaches a given amount. Also, as my money...
When trying to add pairs or log into different accounts using my MT4 mobile app on my Iphones, everything is jumbled together and overlaps so that I can't choose a pair. Can anyone point me in a direction for a solution plz???  I had this same issue on my Iphone 6 and now my Iphone Xs.  
double Ebuy=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Envelope",0,1); //buydouble Esell=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Envelope",1,1); //sell Hi. If I want to use a condition to use these doubles, what should I write? I tried with this but it doesn't work: if (Ebuy>0) OPBUY;if (Esell>0) OPSELL;
Hi Guys, So is that possible to use the SMTP from Google's servers? and if that is possible,could anyone kindly let me know how. Which should be the configuration? So far, I've tried smtp.gmail.com:587 , with my User Name and Password, but withno success. thanks a lot,
Hi Everyone, I had a problem on iVolume() as the result of iVolume() in MetaEditor is different to what I see in the MT4 Chart. Pls see attached captioned screens that the average of the volume in the charts are more than 10, but average of the volume is 1 when I printed iVolumn() at the back test....
int TotalBuy=0 for(int ii=0; ii<OrdersTotal(); ii++){      if(OrderSelect(ii, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)==true){         if(OrderType()==OP_BUY && OrderSymbol()==Symbol()){            TotalBuy++;                       }          }   }  Comment("Compras actuales: ", TotalBuy); Hi, I want to make a...
  direction of current bar  (11   1 2)
How does one determine the direction (up/down) of the current bar. Close[0] > Open[0] should work but Close value appears to be empty until the bar is complete. I imagine I should be trying to get the most recent value rather than Close. How can I do that?
 could someone please assist me in preventing this EA from opening numerous trades at once
[Deleted]
  See Indicators in Backtest  (15   1 2)
Hey, is there a way I can show my indicators -during- the backtest, because they don't show up until after the test is complete. I'd like to see the moving average, or MACD in real time as I'm watching the backtest unfold, so I can actually see if my EA is placing orders in the right spots...
Hi there, I put a VLINE and 2 HLINEs on a chart. The VLINE is the day a signal occurs that I want to trade. The HLINE's are profit targets. I want to calcuate the high or low of the bar I dop the VLINE on because that will be the signal invalidation value. If price reaches it before positions are...
Could someone please help explain why I no longer have the optimization toggle available in my MT4 strategy tester window, not sure if it is something I did to remove it or what to do in order to restore the button. I have attached a screenshot of what the tester looks like when I open it. Any info...
I m tying to make an EA with simple rules: on H1 Buy Long  if Ask>HighOfLast4Bars + Volume[0]>NewVolumeHigh Close Long if Ask<Low[1] Sell Short if Bid< LowOfLast4Bars + Volume[0]>NewVolumeHigh CLose Short if  Bid > High[1] Here's what I've got, no errors in the code but no action either... int Magic...
As Stated in the MetaTrader4 Help (MT4 help : Client Terminal / Tools / Configuration at Startup)، " The client terminal can be launched with some predefined settings. For this purpose, the configuration file name will be passed to the client terminal as a parameter . " But this functionality does
I have been looking for a way to export my detail indicator data for MT4 that is on my chart The Indicators I use are: I used the Ichmoku cloud, RSI , MACD Color MACD RSI and ATR PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP FIND A NEED TOOL that will export my indicator data to excel THANKS
Hello! I would like to write indicator which alert me when price touch MA(62), from upper side or from down side. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
I'd like to use ENUM_TIMEFRAMES But removing the Period Current. Is there a way to use defult ENUMs but lock(remove) one or a few of values in input parameters ? I hope you got what I want to say but I give you an example I want to make Time frames selectable in parameters window. But I don't want
[Deleted]
I tried to search for a similar problem, but couldn't find it. I use a snippet to read an URL from MetaTrader, found here: https://forum.mql4.com/60608/page2 This works when I put the code in the OnTimer (or OnInit) function, but not when I put it in a own function which I call from the OnTimer...
I have an indicator that draws multiple divergence lines in the same area of the chart as you can see below.  I want the values in an indicator buffer rather than just drawing lines on the chart.  Because of that I need multiple buffers so I can alternate between filing them.  The result is what is...
I need an indicator that could split a single chart on MT4 into three similar to the MT4 tiles and, I should also be able to draw/ analyse on each chart and set different time frames. Anyone with such indicator?
#property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 4#property indicator_color1 Yellow#property indicator_color2 Red#property indicator_color3 Magenta#property indicator_color4 Magenta#property indicator_width3 1#property indicator_width4 1extern bool RSICCI_Filter = FALSE;extern double...
After 1 March 2019, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminal builds below 1118 and MetaTrader 4 Android terminals below 1104 will no longer be supported. Older terminals will not be able to connect to brokers' trading servers. Please timely update your terminals to the latest versions.