MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 356

Hi I have an existing EA and I'd like to add a filter for opening position. The filter is the ADX. I'd like to tell to the EA: if ADX is higher than 50 ->  if DI+>DI-   -> Then open buy trade if ADX is higher than 50  -> if DI->DI+   -> Then open sell trade here the code I'd like to...
  MT4  (2)
Hi guys i am trying to download MT4 but everytime i download it, it says that it it MT5, so i cant connect my MT4 accounts. I downloaded it from the official site. Anyone got the same problem or a solution?
Hi. I need a little help on my EA coding. I found an intersting indicator and i want to make an EA of it. I am not a professional programmer, but i tried my best. i would be very appreciated if you can help me. I will attach the EA and the errors.
Good morning, this ea when I try to do the backtest returns the error 4051 in the Diary. Thanks. extern double percentage = 2.0;extern int bars = 2, stop = 100;double average_swing,entry;int ticket,bar;void OnTick()  {  if(!newbar()) return;  if(ticket!=0)    {    OrderSelect(ticket...
I've been working on writing an EA for about 3 months. Only buy positions are opening, went live 2 weeks ago, week 1 -$3500, week 2 -$39, so far this week -$2. I am having trouble calling templates and outside EAs, both give signals and would like to take the trades with an EA when they both line
Hello everyone I want to ask if there is any course or a guide for MQL4 programming for a beginner. I searched on google I haven't found any, though I see many MQL4 developer but wonder from where did they learned all language skills. I know C#, C and SQl if it comes to basic programming other than...
hello everyone I need please if you can help me add in my mql4 file, so that it is only activated for a metatrader id only and when using it in another metatrader id this will show you an error message, help please
Please, When i draw a line, if Ichange Unit time the line disapears. How can i do to save it ?
  errors in my ea  (4)
hi guys i wrote this ea and i have a lot of errors for some reason i dont know i used to define my function outside oftick() errorless but for the first time i get error because defining functions can some one help please...
  hi all
how can i detect zero line for the main line and zero line for the signal line for RVI indicator in mt4?
Hey Guys, can anyone help me, i like to write small text on top or below of candles, i can put an objects like arrow or wingding stuffs, however i want show value instead of arrow oh and its for indicator not an ea. i appreciate your insights in advance TnX
  EAs as part of portfolio set  (100   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
In this thread I will post excel files or links to them for almost all EAs tested. We will need it during the portfolio creation and it will be easy for all the member to take any decision about it. Please find excel file for Scalp_net and Scalp_net_v1.2 . It is not final version because it will be
Have this problem in my code: for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){        if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)){                if(OrderType()==(...)){                        OpenPrice=OrderOpenPrice(); // Correct value, it's first open order                        FirstOrder=OrderTicket();   //...
it buys when price closes above 20 EMA and sells on the opposite. but when I close the buy intentionally............. it creates another buy order. What i need is....... when it will be attached into a chart..... it will start only when opposite signal is available. For instance, if I open my...
Hello folks, Can someone help me to add email function to this indicator so that it will send email when color changes. I have only the ex4 file. Attached is the indicator and screenshot. Thanks 
  Stucked  (3)
Have this code to close first ticket when orderstotal is higher than 1:          if(OrdersTotal()>1&&OrderTicket()==OrderTicket()){            if(!OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),ClosePrice,3,clrGold)){               RefreshRates();               return;               } As the loop is forward...
  Newbie  (6)
i am so new to using mt4 muchless on a desktop. it is saying waiting for update? i have no idea. also how do i get to h4 and 1d charts without it saying waiting for update? thank you for helping out a newbie ^_^!
  MT4  (2)
Estoy tratando de abrir una cuenta "demo" con MT4 pero al momento de enlazar mi cuenta de Oanda con MT4 solo se abre la pantalla de "esperando actualizacion" y no se abre la pequena Ventana donde tengo que poner mi numero de cuenta y el codigo de practica de MT4 para que me abra los graficos , que...
Hello, maybe someone can help me :)  I need to get a toolbar on the chart. when i make fullscreen mode, toolbar is still in the chart. Here is img - do you anybody know this indicator for mt4? 
[Deleted]
  SEFC Cycle System Trader  (55   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hi Ive been searching & searching but i cant seem to find the solution. During peak moments MT4 sometimes stops responding. Meaning i cant switch from oné to an other... but the EA is still running solid in the background & does its calculations & trades. It also doesnt say in Task manager - Not...
  How button work on backtest.  (12   1 2)
Dear guys I create a button. it work on very well. but it is not work on backtest. I don't know why. can anyone tell me how button work on backtest on visual mode.  Thanks 
higher high:if(high[3]>high[2]  &&  high[3]>high[1]  &&  high[3]>high[4]  &&  high[3]>high[5])highe rhigh= high[3] please show me the code,thank u.
hey everyone, so I'm new to forex and also mt4. I am trying to build up a trading bot but when I try to place orders It gives me an ' not enough free margin error '.  So here is my code:  #define MAGICNUM  20131111 // Define our Parametersinput double Lots          = 0.1;input int PeriodOne        =...
Hello, one of my EA users has problems with its initializing and working. The symbol() function returns the name, but for some reason this name does not work on other functions. MIN_LOT = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN); returns no value. SYMBOL=Symbol();...Print("Attempting to open BUY...
hi there  i am new to mql4 i wrote this simple expert the idea is i want to see if candle close price is above kijen sen i want to generate a buy order but cant generate any orders in strategy tester  anyone can give clue here thanks for your time extern double kj=52;extern double StopLoss=10;extern...
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like to share the following problem and solution, if any other has the same problem. It took some time to find out. Problem is: After installing the Trading Central (TC) plugin and adding it to chart, the Metatrader closed with no error. What happened? The TC...
I found a script that exports history of multiple pairs, but when the Files folder already has the pairs (csv files) it won't do anything - is there any code or possibility to always overwrite them
how are you all my brothers please i have this indicator any coder can help me to added alert&notification when touch thanks thanks in advance
Hello, I was wondering if there was a better way to retrieve the current user directory? In Batch file (*.bat) its as simple as placing %USERNAME% in the desired directory path In MQL4 I was unable to find a similar variable string My current solution is: int OnInit(){  string...