MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1581

hi all, How can I clear the Alert msg box, or set a limited number of raws to appear in the alert pop up box. Cheers
[Deleted]
Trading system forex. Forex Trading System is a set of instructions prescribing open and close trading positions based on the results of . Forex Trading System can get rid of the randomness in the sales process. Follow the system will exclude emotions from trading. Therefore, anything that requires...
[Deleted]
I am trying to limit Sendmail, I have tried using isTesting(). Seems like a simple question, but I have not been able to find it. Thanks
[Deleted]
How do I program an email alert into a MT4 EA? What code do I put and where? Thank you
hi, if yourself accept lease or sell this unique one send email for me. my email: anusa_mcse@yahoo.com thanks for fast reply, penny08
Работал долго с тестером на EURUSD, и вдруг начал выкидывать 130 ошибку на 30 пипс стопах. Что более странно 40 пипс разрешает расчет СЛ и ТП: для SELL price = Bid; if (StopLoss > 0) sl = price + StopLoss*Point; if (TakeProfit > 0) tp = price - TakeProfit*Point; для BUY price = Ask; if (StopLoss...
[Deleted]
I have an error message 503 2008.04.23 15:57:18 Mail: 553 5.5.4 ... Domain name required for recipient addressI have all the details of the SMTP added I have login, password everything added cant work this out has anybody got a clue? I have tried serveral oth eraddress same errorThanks
[Deleted]
Can anyone help me with a indicator!! we have a EA we wrote and with it we have a indicator that goes down were the MACD is, it will bring up the window but will not put it in there!! we have put it on a couple of our teams computers and it works fine!!! but it will not work on mine, we have tried
[Deleted]
I have an EA to open buy for two pairs simultaneously. Then I want toclose when either difference or sum of the profit in pips is >TakeProfit. the only problem is I don't know how to get OrderOpenPricefor both currencies at the same time. Any insight would be appreciated extern string Symbol_1 =...
I am attempting to check on each update, if the ticker is new or old. I tried: if (RefreshRates()==false) { got old tick } else { Got new tick } Ran the EA. Always hits the got old tick, but fails on the got new tick. I am fairly new, but I am also a software engineer. Wgat would be a good way to
[Deleted]
Hello, I try to using 5_34_5 script. When I include it in another indicator or expert advisor using iCustom, the 5_34_5 indicator is not refresh (datas and chart)Have you got any idea to refresh this script include in another in real time ? I tried RefreshRates, WindowRedraw but nothing's working......
[Deleted]
  Help with addition Please  (12   1 2)
Why does the following not add to my TakeProfit? extern double TakeProfit = 8; extern int AddSteps = 1; extern int AddSteps = 5; void OpenBuy() { if (gd_100 < SwitchLots) TP_SS = 0; if (gd_100 >= SwitchLots) TP_SS = TP_SS + AddSteps * Point; if (gd_100 >= SwitchLots_2) TP_SS = TP_SS...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, Looking through the code base page I found this EMA Cross EA, how can I change one of the MA’s in there to Simple? Here is the link to the EA on the code base page. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8606 Thanks, Turbo2602
hi, for objects i can use this: ObjectSet      (StringX, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, OBJ_PERIOD_M1|OBJ_PERIOD_M5|OBJ_PERIOD_M15|OBJ_PERIOD_M30); but if i want my indicator to be displayed just in some timeframes, which command can i use to do that? thanks a lot,,,
[Deleted]
Hi, i was wondering if there is a way to get an indicator value from C++ program, for example, writing this code in C++ program : double RetVal = MQ4_iCustom(NULL, 0, "SampleInd",13,1,0); so that i can do analysis on charts using my C++ programs, it is ok if i can use the metatrader client...
... but i can't find any good answer in docs or forum. Imagine local variables declared in the global scope of an EA like : bool BUY,SELL; There are several EAs running on different currencies onthe same account, each one using BUY,SELL, etc... Question : Can i use the same name in each EA and...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to have a section of code run prior to a tick so you can see if your EA initialized properly? Thanks! Tom
[Deleted]
How can I make the optimizer work?, it only runs ONCE, it only does one pass. Under TESTING I do select GENETIC ALGORITHM , under INPUTS I set up the variables I want to tune, and under OPTIMIZATION I do select to OPTIMIZE based on Consecutive loss (for instance). And, yes, I do click on OPTIMIZE
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for an equity manager that is a bit more robust than the one I'm using now. The current one will close all open positions at a specified equity level, and delete all pending orders. In addition, I would like it to: - Close all trades + pending orders @ X loss - If equity increase...
Hi, i do pattern search 8 times one time for every timeframe. When i find it i make a call to one function every time. This function get 3 parametres as input like this: void Vote(int VoterID, int VoteID, datetime VotingTime) then i want to organize the data in an array to make some basic voting...
[Deleted]
  Hidden Algorithm  (2)
Thanks Pals for the previous replies. They've been very helpful. Now the question this time is What do I have to do to ensure that during backtesting in a visual mode, my Algorithm (that is the indicators I 'm using) is not revealed!
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing an expert which reads data from a file and executes trades based on it, I don't want my expert to open and read this file on every tick,how may I check for its last modification date, so I can ask my expert to read the data and ... ? Regards
  I'm not a programmer at all,  (91   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
But the question is thematic. A question for anyone who is kind enough to answer it. Here you have a community of programmers who somehow write (as a hobby, probably) under/for the MT4 platform. Since the program itself is extremely widespread in the forex market, it would seem why look for anything
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone write a code for indicator that simply shows the same candlesticks but in separate window. Artur
[Deleted]
Just a quick questionIs there a way of defining a constant? What I mean is defining something likeint a = 5;and defining it in such a way that it cannot be altered or if an attempt was made to alter it an error would be generated.
[Deleted]
Hi everyone! I'm new in trading, and using Indicator . I saw in a training video, on top left of his chart screen, was displayed the minutes / seconds / hours/ days left until the end of the current candlestick. Does anyone knows how to make this or any existing indicators that are capable of this
[Deleted]
  Forward Test?  (1)
I read it recently that one can do a forward test! I know of back test using the strategy Tester but don't know about forward test! Please how is this done?
When a Pending order type P is issued you can see that the order listed on Terminal > Trade tab has pendingorder type P listed. I have noticed that when the Pending order is activated and becomes market order that the order type listed isbuy or sell. My question is this: If OrderType() returns...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am writing a simple script. The script requires me to make a series of pending orders depending on the previous order being opened. For example, i made a pending sellstop order #12345. only when this sellstop becomes a market order to sell, then i will make another pending say buystop order....
[Deleted]
Hi, Basic question here... If I have a BUY order (lets say EURUSD) to be placed at 1.5800....Should I place it when Bid reaches 1.5800 or when Buy reaches 1.5800?? If I wait for Ask price...I may be missing some pips (the spread)... For which price should an EA wait for?? Thanks in advance,