MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1534

Hello, I only used EAs as programs so far, but here all the EAs are written programming texts. How do I use them with the metatrader? Thank you my email: im_puls@gmx.net
[Deleted]
  please help...  (2)
Hi all, I can not save the .mq4 file into .ex4 file. If any one can help me out i will be greatly thank you!!
[Deleted]
  Placing Arrows  (4)
How can I place the standard green and red arrows where my trades are opened if I open them for another chart? Right now I am controlling all buys and sells of both the EURUSD and the USDCHF from the EURUSD chart.  The arrows get placed on the EURUSD chart just fine,,but none show up on the USDCHF....
[Deleted]
Hello, I am working to start up a hedge fund and I need an EA that will make approximately 50% every week. The technicals can be open ended to suit the aggressive style but the EA must be extremely accurate and consistent. If you can help, or you know someone who can help, I am very interested. Or,...
Hi, I'm a newbie and trying to use automated optimization explained in 'Automated Optimization of a Trading Robot in Real Trading' article. It seems to work when I use the EA in demo mode but I doesn't work as I expect in the testing mode. I noticed that the Tester is supposed to be called when the...
Hello! After a desapointing fall from the 45th place to the 490th place of the ATC2008, I've tried to improve my EA KAnguru 3.1. I'm now on version 4.2. I've changed a few settings and included a way to use Lots, SL and TP according to the trend's strenght. It's still under development... ;) All...
Can it happen that Volume[0]!=1 in a everytick mode? I mean is volume just add tick to count like 1,2,3,4, and so on or is it otherway? Tnkx
[Deleted]
I just can't figure this one out. I need to open to orders, buystop and sellstop simultanously. And when one triggers to market close the other
[Deleted]
Hi there, I am developing (with your help) my first expert advisor. This one is based on trading one of the manual strategies I use and seems to be profitable if auto traded since when manual trading we lost several opportunities. In fact, I have made some changes on some indicators and used an...
[Deleted]
A new vversion of autocash robot is avaliable..please install at earliest opportunity? ahhh.. wont let me open a trade yet because this stupid message keeps coming up? give me a break....thouhjt it was all automatic..so much for there 90 second install..been 36 hours and nothing.. SUGGESTIONS
[Deleted]
I installed the Forex Autocash Robot on 9/30 and it has only made one trade so far, on 10/6. Is that all the trades that have happened so far? Thanks, Ray
[Deleted]
I'm trying out the demo and sometimes when I put in the atp it works and is placed and other times it never gets entered even though the atp in the box has it checked . Am I doing something wrong
[Deleted]
Hi, I want to do a simple thing (so I thought). I want to simply open (launch) an external program from an EA. (not in the EA) So just for exampe purposes. Let us say I wanted to open Microsoft word when a certain thing happens in the EA. I have doen this before but I cannot find the script, I have...
[For example] Last three candles has the following values: _________________________________________ [3 candle] Open 1.1234 Close 1.1249 [2 candle] Open 1.1249 Close 1.1280 [3 candle - current candle] Ask: 1.1285 Bid: 1.1284...
[Deleted]
As we can set the ftp setting with startup configuration. Is there any way to setup e-mail setting as well in the startup configuration. Does any one know? Thanks,
  SL and TP  (2)
Hello! Regardless of the pair, strategy and market conditions, what would be a reasonable relation between TP and SL. Should SL be wider than TP or the other way around? Should there be any rule of proportions between them. For eaxample TP should be 60% of SL or vice-versa? Thanks!
I am looking for some help. what would the open position code look like i just don't know where to start with this one. I have an idea for and EA using timed entries but I'm useless at coding. THE IDEA TF 1hr time sequence 1,2 3,5,8,13,21,34,55 mins of each hour open a position if current price is...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Tony Manso (amelabs) has been published. It is not the first time Tony Manso participates in the Championship. Last year his Expert Advisor was not very successful. This year his program staying on leading positions and...
[Deleted]
Hello, I am new to the world of expert advisors. For last 2 days, I am working on an EA, and something doesn't seem to be right. I open a BUYSTOP or SELLSTOP order using following code. SetOrder(OP_BUYSTOP,EntryPrice,0,0); // Entry price is 10 pips above close of last BUY order SetOrder(OP_SELLSTOP...
[Deleted]
How do I write a code for the close price of a currency pair? For example, if I wanted the cross of the price line and the simple moving average as one of my indicators, how would I write that? I know that the moving average would be iMA(NULL,0,MATrendPeriod,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1), but what...
Hi, As many of the people here I am new to MQL4. I am trying to make sense of it all and I have some questions. I am trying to develop a very simple EA for programm practice purposes but I can not figure out how to express the following thought I want when the Fast SMA crosses the Slow SMA (AND...
[Deleted]
I bought four packages to try the whole lot,and wow the robots work,i leave my laptop on and its automatic, i started with demo and now am doing a live trading,capturing pips.....hurray. If you want to see the four softwares i bought, and i recommend them to you, visit [deleted by Rosh]
[Deleted]
Hi there. I am new to mql4 programming and been read some books and tutorials but the easiest way to get the things done is with your precious help. I need to create a variable (in fact a global variable) that is based on symbol where the indicator is attached. That way I will be able to use the...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know or have worked with the programmer nickname "Regards Best" address for-good-letters@yandex.ru name Dimitri
I am using iMA function in EA program I developed and testing it currently. What I see is very strange. May be my iMA usage in not correct. Can someone help in finding the reason why it might be happening. Details are as follows: I have EA running on EURCHF, M20. My EA program uses following iMA...
[Deleted]
Hello Is there an "trick" how to set font for Commnet() output? The default font for Comment() is proportionnal, but my feeling is fixed widthfont would by better choice ...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with WWW.Easyexpertforex.com? I would like to order the code for their free MA cross which tehy say is available.. John Delmage forjon@juno.com
[Deleted]
Hi, Do you think that an EA compiled with MT4 release 218 could not be working properly with a previous release (211) ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi. Can somebody please help me with my expert advisor? I want to create a password so that only I can see and edit the content/settings of my expert. I just need to add that I don't understand the coding (yet). I created the expert on a free builder website and now I dont know how to add the rest.
[Deleted]
Does any one know how to load a particular symbol on the chart. For example my EA need to process EURUSD on 1 hr chart. But if this chart is not loaded the EA keeps waiting or gives wrong result. Is there any way to make sure that the required data has been loaded correctly. Please help if you can....