MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1383

[Deleted]
I have a simple EA that triggers on a moving average crossover plus or minus a filter increment. For example, if the 7 day moving average crosses above the 33 moving average, I test to see if the crossover is above a threshold amount, such as 10 points. However, the trade always activates higher
I wonder what is wrong here. The difference between tp/sl and Bid/Ask are more than Stop Level. Bid/tp = 11, Ask/sl = 7. Anyone know what could be the reason?
[Deleted]
Hello. Could somebody help? If I export quotes for examle to the DDE-sample.xls" file: The resoult will be 1.5773 But I need the 1,5773 format. How could I change it? Thank you
The 9th of September is an important date in the history of the MetaTrader 5 trading platform. We are in the final stage of the platform development - it is the starting day of the closed beta-testing of the MetaTrader 5 terminal. The new client terminal has been sent to some members of the MQL4...
Hi, i'm trying to optimize the code by using "switch" function, but i can't seem to make it work. can anyone advice what's went wrong on the coding? portion of the codes ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// int TradeMathod=0;...
Demark Indicator And Expert Advisor I am not a programmer; But maybe you are. Functions I would like to add: Idea 1: Adding the angle( in degrees) of the Object properties of both the bottom and top trend line: 1. Degree will update with every new closed candle 2. Angle of Line, will be posted...
New article Here Comes the New MetaTrader 5 and MQL5 is published: This is just a brief review of MetaTrader 5. I can't describe all thesystem's new features for such a short time period - the testingstarted on 2009.09.09. This is a symbolical date, and I am sure it willbe a lucky number. A few days...
Hi, I've a couple of EA working on real account that i would like to evolve. I've seen that the new championship will be open only to MQL5 EA, and i would like to participate with one of these. For this reason, I would like to migrate my EA's to MQL5, that i suppose will be the new language for new...
[Deleted]
The below related to MT4 "History Center" data ONLY: Doing a parametric study for the Non-Farm Payroll (NFP) and EUR/USD pair. Downloaded Historical Data from MetaTrader and noticed that if Daylight Savings Time (DST) = True OR False, data is always; =; 8:30 EST = 15:30 in MT4 downloads). This seems...
I sometimes see that the price feed from a broker has stopped, only to resume a while later. Just in the last hour I saw that the price froze for around 6 minutes, base on the time in the MarketWatch pane. It's a demo account, and I presume that brokers may not worry as much as with live servers...
Anybody heard of the COT (Commitment of Traders Report). I believe it is a 3-day late report that shows all positions by big, medium, and small players in the market. This report can be programmed into a forex indicator, but I believe it just another lagging indicator. I personally think that this...
[Deleted]
hello please anyone could explain me why this code dosen't work correctly instead drawing 8 MA lines on chart it draws only first two i.e 5 and 8 periods moving averages #property indicator_chart_window // Indicator is drawn in the main window #property indicator_buffers 8 // Number of buffers...
[Deleted]
I wrote a simple EA using print function. print function Prints a message to the experts log. where can i find experts log?
Hi, greetings. i'm trying to avoid trading at the same time and written the following codes by referring to forums. can anyone advice me whats went wrong? /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// if (TimeMinute(TimeCurrent())>= Timedelay)...
Hai, Can deinit() or init() close some orders or pending orders if I attach another EA to the chart ? thanks.
[Deleted]
I create this funcion.... i want that ea open a new trade only there isn't a trade with the same magic number opened.... also if there is aother order in the account but a different magi number if there is a open trade with magic number, the Ea don't open a new trade // main function int start ( ) {
I have the below code and I added SendMail("FXCM " + Symbol(),"H:"); to send me an email once there is a trend line touch How can I make it send me an email only once when it touches the trend line //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Hello everyone, I'd like to present the results of my EA, if they want more information I am available in albertopt1@hotmail.com
[Deleted]
I try to use a .hst file and show it in an offline chart, but it occasionally updates the last few bars automatically from my broker. Is there any way to disable this feature while keeping other online charts updating? Thanks.
[Deleted]
I've tried and the only ones that seem to work is when I back test against 1.5 months. I've already downloaded the entire history of the M1 and M5 but it only goes as far back to 8-25-09 on the M1. -Ron
  SLOW FORUM  (5)
It sure seems like the MQL4 forum has just about died since MQL5 went real beta....(yes we still get the please help what does compile mean questions....but) it also appears we have only about 4 people actually on board re MT5 programming . .. that doesn't look promising.....for MT4 or MT5 at this...
How do I determine what the maximum number of orders allowed is?? Who sets this limit?? Thanks
[Deleted]
I am trying to figure out a way to know when the EA is NOT running. Preferably, I would like to get a text message when for some reason, the EA is not functioning. I have figured out how to send out a text from the EA at a regular interval when it is running, but after a while, all those text...
When I try to convert string "1.12345" to a double I receive 1.1235 as a result (only 4 digits after point and the number is rounded). Is it possible to convert the string to a double without truncating and rounding like this: double Price = StrToDouble("1.12345"); // Price = 1.12345 instead of 1...
So I created a loaded break even: For a long: BreakEven = OrderOpenPrice() + (MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL)*PipPoints + BreakEvenSpread*PipPoints)*PipPoints; For a Short: BreakEven = OrderOpenPrice() - (BreakEvenSpread*PipPoints + MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL)*PipPoints)*PipPoints; I...
[Deleted]
I wrote a simple EA program. just one line code getting the current open order's ticket number and use alert to show it. Alert(Ticket); everything is fine so far. then I change it a bit and compile it. on my metatrader when I test it, I still only see "1" not " ticket is 1". seems like code is...
[Deleted]
I have a test.mq4 in d:, I compile it and generate a test.ex4 file. I wanna the test.ex4 could be copy to experts folder automatically. Is it is possiple, how can I do? Thanks!!
[Deleted]
I actually have my own autotrading system so I just need two simple programs that will 1. close the open position, and open a buy position using all the leverage - 50.00 2. close the open position and open a sell position using all the leverage - 50.00 3. set stops at 24 pips 4. set take profit at...
问题如下。 编辑如下代码的脚本文件 //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                         test.mq5 |//|                                                 Copyright master |//|                                             http://www.fxvip.net...
[Deleted]
I pass a string to C++ DLL, and I have no idea why it always crashed. Anyone can help me. Thanks very much!! My MQ4 Code: #import "EaLog.dll" void EALOG_WriteLine(string); #import int start() { EALOG_WriteLine("111"); return (0); } My C++ DLL Code: void EALOG_WriteLine(char * str) {...