MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1367

I see many beginners making the same mistakes over and over again. And so I've decided to post my tips to help out the newbies here. If you are a pro, then you have a choice to go read something else. Anyway, my tip #1 is to always have a game plan in forex. This means you got to have a REALISTIC...
[Deleted]
I am trading a Demo account .10 lot size Gold/USD Margin is over 2000% and I still am getting closed out automatically. Live trading is off. Any input would help
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, This is a question for those who have experience using the MT4 Mobile Trading SE (Smartphone Edition). I am looking into buying a smartphone - primarily for using with MT4, therefore needs to be under Windows Mobile. I would like to hear some feedback from experienced users. With the...
Can anyone help me to set up a sound alert for when market moves through a particular moving average ?Your help will be greatly appreciated as I am tired of sitting in front of the computer for 5-6 hours
HI does anyone have a Ea that works on a single ma ( or ema ) and the price ...so that i can be short if the price is under the ma and long if it's viceversa? thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, so I've been working on this EA and trying to test it but I've run into a problem. When I set lots to a high number, instead of buying/ selling the volume I am putting into the volume field, it just buys/sells 5.0 lots every time. Am I doing something wrong, is there some other way to enter this...
Hi all, Is anybody know why the attached file not working? In short I'm trying to use a dinamic MA_Period. And it's working in more simple codes below. "test.mq4" (attached) is not working, please pay attention to "int MA_Period = perd(y);" line. The dinamic MA Period is working in the codes below:...
If you are smart or a newbie, insist on MT4 and never migrate to MT5. Like the old saying, why change something that have always work? Change is not always good and not always beneficial. With the premises above, I question the NFA. NFA are obviously looking after themselves and are on the side of...
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible transfer the Elliot Wave objects from MT5 (they are standard on the platform) into MT4? denrus
[Deleted]
Hi everyone When I test my ea and i have 3 moving averages and all are in the red color-default... How to make every iMa after testing in different color??? I know I can change it after test on the chart but its tiring...
Hello Any coder here able to build an indicator shows the mid of each lunar month on MetaTrader chart? Thanx in advance
Within my EA I want to partially close all open trades (eg close 50% of all open trades). The problem is how to do it! If I do a for (i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++) and then select orders by position when I close an order the system will open a new trade with the balance of the lots from the old...
Who can advise me Where I can download Guppy's Count back line Indicator for MT4? Thank you very much!
[Deleted]
It is suggested that we briefly discuss the subject. I have been puzzling over this question for a long time and have not been able to draw the "right" motivated conclusions for myself. ---------- On the one hand their use in the optimizer allows to improve system's performance, but on the other
[Deleted]
Hi I am quite new to MT4 and I have scoured the net trying to find out two things. firstly I would like to mark each UK opening time with a Vertical bar - 6am - unfortunately the nearest I have got to this is marking the opening time of my feed which is 00:00 not 06:00 I would also like a horzintal...
[Deleted]
Hi, Has anyone looked at the trend tracer template for trading the EUR/USD 4hour and specifically the Tup indicator that goes with the template. I really like the indicator for EUR/USD 4hour, GBP/USD 4 hour and GBP/USD 15min and I would like to know if it is just a moving average or if it is a
I bought the Great Trader System on Ebay a few months ago. It really seems to work great. It uses 5 custom indicators. I've tried to contact the author to see if there is an EA using the indicators, but have gotten no response. Does anyone know the author or has someone coded an EA using these...
need some help from the gurus here can check how to reduce the memory for this ea
[Deleted]
Hello, Can a programmer help me convert the indicator and EA (based on demark/mouteki) found at 'Demark Lines EA', so that they use the same methodology, but instead of using candle stick charts, they use line charts as the reference? The typical demark/mouteki indicator looks for the closest...
I am trying to write a Time Sensitive EA that uses the worldwide Stock market indexes to help determine the direction of a given currency pair. The Idea is to follow Different indexes at different times of the day. For Example: During NY Market hours use data from DJ and NASDAQ, but during the Asian...
Recently I have been studying about cycles within markets. I came across a set of indicators developed by John Ehlers (rather, the original algorithms were Ehlers, the MT4 indicator was developed elsewhere) called coronas. These indicators work by first determining what is the dominant cyle period...
[Deleted]
  Basic MT4  (2)
Is there a place to get basic training for the MT4?
Hi ALL Anyone can help to convert metastock code to mql code. {Bullish}{Green Color} Pct:=1.0; Seq:=1; Upper:=Ref(Peak(Seq,C,Pct),-1); Lower:=Ref(Trough(Seq,C,Pct),-1); Bullish:=BarsSince(Cross(C,Upper))<BarsSince(Cross(Lower,C)); Bearish:=BarsSince(Cross(C,Upper))>BarsSince(Cross(Lower,C));...
[Deleted]
well here are some suggestions / wishes which i truly believe might come handy in a way : 1. synchronising the dialog windows 1.1 changing the chart window auto changes the selected pair in the ticker and the journal active trade. 1.2 selecting an indicator like an start trade arrow ditto 1.3...
г.Днепропетровск Украина - icq 222219530
[Deleted]
When I write to a file using the FileWrite function, the text that appears in the file has square characters in it, typically around text that was passed to the FileWrite function as a variable. They are square blocks that are like what you would see when a application can't read a unicode...
  Lot calculation  (1)
if i start with $1000 and i use 0.01-0.06 lots which doubles in two months, and now i decide to switch to $10000, what lots do i use to keep the ratio the same. Later down the line, what lots should i use, if i go with a $100000 account?
I try to Save the ZigZag indicator in a table, then creates a new array with non-zero points. It is very simple but I don 't do. I am a beginner in programming. Here is the code that I wrote to accomplish this task: If you have any suggestions, advice or links about similar problems ... thank you in
Hi, For the sake of proper backtesting and walk-forward analysis I need historical 1-minute bars for such symbols from at least last 5-6 years: FDX.F (DAX Future) ES.F (S&P500 E-Mini Future 24h) NQ.F (NASDAQ100 E-Mini Future 24h) YM.F (Dow Jones E-Mini Future 24h) XAGUSD (Silver spot) XAUUSD...
Hi all, Is it possible to sendorder from one EA to Multiple Accounts. For example i have run one metatrader terminal and one of chart i have applied ExpertAdvisor which sends Order to the logged account. But i want to send the same order to multiple orders. Is that possible? please suggest me...