MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 121

Hi, I'd like to write a code in MQL4 to count the candles back with a certain condition. E.g. counting the candles back to the point where Moving Avg. 8 crosses Moving Avg. 20 I am not programmer, can anyone help me on this please
Hello all, I have a slight concern I am running into. There is this EA I am testing on the strategy tester . The issue: I set the strategy tester to run from 17/05/2021 until 16/05/2022 , the EA seems to work just fine but only until near the end the EA does not follow the logic. What I have done
Hi, I am US residents and searching the good database of MT4 experts which has 1:50 leverage. Can you please guide me to find based on subject line? Thanks, Raj
Hi all. I have been suffering from some VPS trouble using the built in VPS on MT4. Initially I was seeing ' 1 chart, 0 EA, 1 custom indicator, signal disabled but I seem to now be facing a different problem after the EA now appears to have migrated. After what seems to be a sucessful migration, is
I have a new Windows 11 (fully updated) Dell computer which is pretty fast (12th Gen Intel i9-12900K, 32G RAM, 2 SSD's). I like it, and with 16 cores/24 threads, I can run a lot more MT4's at once now, but there is one big drawback, which is that when I use the MT4 Order form to update the S/L or
Hi, When you click New Order in MT4, by default you have the order type for Market Execution. Is there any configuration to change the default type to Pending Order? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Kelvin
Dear all... I opened my order manually and I'm looking for an Ea to close all orders(buy/sell) when a candlestick touched an Ema8 in 5minutes timeframe. Thanks in advance
Is there a built in mt4 / mql4 function that is able to show daily p/l or p/l for a custom defined time period? Appreciate I'm lazy, just trying to avoid having to code an EA to get some basic info out. Thanks all :)
Hello, When you open up MT4 and you go to Files > Open Data Folder and there should be a unique name consists of 16 characters. It should appear as per below image:- but on my Laptop, it does not show this 16 characters, please see below when I open up File > Open Data Folder (the 16 characters is
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm a newcomer to programming and MQL4, and I was wondering if some could help me with a piece of code? I've looked everywhere and the book/articles/google don't help me. I may have stumbled across the answer but because the code is so complex, and not relating to comparing arrays, I'm having...
  Closing out half lots.  (181   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
So I managed to incorporate a loop that deletes the pending order and re-applies another one on the basis that the stop is synced with the moving average. The lots would be calculated based upon the pip distance of entry to stop. Not only this, but I have managed to work out how the profit target
Hi, I am writing an expert advisor. The problem I have is that on Strategy Tester, SELL trades are positive, which is correct, but the BUY trades are all negative. That is across over 700 trades. All trades should result in at least a $5 profit. All small profits are disregarded. Can anyone help
Hello everyone, my EA and the different EA based in the Market doesn't work for me. I'll send you a picture that show the error . And yes i am connected to my broker.. Do someone know what's happening ? Thank you
Please how do I add Martingale to this ea, I don't want anti-martingale what I want is just martingale, please help this is the code #property copyright "Andrew Young" // External variables extern double LotSize = 0.1 ; extern double StopLoss = 50 ; extern double TakeProfit = 100 ; extern int
Hello everyone! For an indicator that I am doing, I need the mql4 comman or code to obtain the maximum and minimum price from a vertical line, I know how to do it from the window but not from a vertical line, can someone help me. attached code so far
Hello all My MT4 suddenly getting very slow and freeze in running the chart after adding some indicator on it, has anybody facing this kind of problem? - Backtesting EA through soft4x - 5 indicator running - 3 window chart represent timefram 1m, 5m, 1hr This quite obviously happen after i add last
Hi, I use MT4 on my internal hard drive and on two other external ones, and since it often gets confusing to switch files from one to the other, do you know if it is possible to use a single editor with multiple Mt4s? Which then in reality, I think this is already possible, the most correct question
hey guys, i need some help. new to mql4 dont know what im doing, im making a custom indicator for an ea. i wanted to get the VWAP indicator that resets daily and has the upper and lower bands using standard deviation. this is where i got to. Dont try and open it on mt4 because it will crash your pc
Hello, First post LFG! I'm pretty new to MT4. I coded a lot in python so MT4 will take some getting used to. 1) What resources do you recommend as I can't find decent ones online 2) I'm trying to make an EA that checks if the last bar printed is inside the previous one Like say we're at time, T. Is
on a brand new install of MT4 build 1355, hotkeys.ini is not used and hotkeys are not saved. there is no hotkeys.ini at all created. please fix
I have the following Trend Curve indicator and I would like to have it drawn in the background behind the candlesticks At the moment when i load it on my chart, it covers the candle sticks and appears on the foreground of the chart Below is the code that I used Any help will be appreciated
G'day everyone,  I was wondering if it is possible to get a notification of a trade occurring via my Apple Watch?  Thanks in advance for any answers. 
hey since i am trading in lower time frames like 1 min and 5 min sometimes there is a quick action needed like i'm trying to set SL to BE (stop loss to break even point ) asap i have the script and can apply it to any hotkey of keyboard but extra mouse buttons available will make it faster thnaks
got two terminals Terminal A: EA 1A Terminal B: EA 1B Both on same VPS. I am trying to change the EA on Terminal B, it shows "Installation is failed". But when I go Terminal A and download the new EA it is successful. What could be wrong? They are both on the same VPS just different instances
[Deleted]
This has got to be the most frustrating search ever! I am looking for a simple indicator: A moving average (where type can be selected: SMA, EMA, etc.) along with period (also an input) of the RSI, which would allow for you to specify the period of the RSI as well. For example,...
  Help viewing VPS  (2)
Viewing a VPS I rented a VPS through my MT4 page and i can see the new account MQL5 New York, but can I log in somewhere and see it running. Do i just turn Auto Trading off on my MT4 and wait to see if it will makes trades without my MT4 on?? Not sure how to check to see if it's really working
Hello, How can you see the value of the array in the watch in the debug mode? example Open[0] = 1.213123 , in the watch field it is dynamic array[11766],TS. Any help? Thanks
Greetngs Have issues with setting order levels on chart from dragging and dropping a stoploss or takeprofit It's actually saying invalid market levels but it makes no sense as 1. the spread was settled down and, 2. there could have been atleast 100 points distance from order's open price Sadly it
Hi there. I am a seller here at the market. I would like to know if it is possible to send a free copy to a registered user here via the market, like a free/gift coupon or something. Best regards
Hi, how I can do a web request of a web with mql4? I need obtain some data but I don't know if I have to do a script. Thanks