MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 113

Hi All, I‘m wondering if there is an easy way to exit a trade using a signal or indicator I have in my charts. This is default in Ninjatrader. I bought very good third party tools but would like to exit fully or partially a trade automatically if price reaches the indicator (band for example) or if
I have a question regarding the signal I just published for follow up purposes: [...] I have been working on this strategy for about one year and in April it went live with small lot sizes and a deposit of 2000 BRL. I monitored it and made a few adjustments along the way and increased the deposit to
  MT4 download  (2)
Hello, how do I download MT4 for windows? When I download and install a file from this link, it installs MT5 instead of MT4 https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download
Hi, I have an open order counter, which works, and I want to know the open price for the last opened order... so I made something like this string MyComB=CountOrdersBuy()+ 1 ; //this value is ok //Then, I use "MyComB" as the comment for next BUY order //Orders Counter BUY <-- This works ok int
Hi All I would like to modify pending orders (BuyStop & SellStop). It only modifies once instead of several times. Please help if you know the problem. #property strict extern double TakeProfit= 10.5 ; extern double StopLoss= 10.5 ; int MagicNumber= 10 ; int DelayTime= 1 ; static datetime
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I've basically created a script that will report the average High/Low range for the Symbol and TF considered, it will calculate every single candle, as you see: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Avg
[Deleted]
Hi, I was trying to plot ATR on a separate window, can someone point me what I'm doing wrong? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ATR GU_scalp.mq4 | //| Eddy
[Deleted]
Hi All. I have Metatrader 4 running on a VPS via Roboforex. I have 4 accounts for different strategies. When I sign out of one and into another, the same settings apply and are copied across even though I have signed out of the other account. For example 1) If I put a chart up on 1 account and sign
  EA Activations  (2)
Trading Fam, I have a question regarding the number of activations i have on my EA. I looked into my profile and I see from the EA I purchased a while ago this is what I see : -------------------------------------------------------------- Activations left: 19 of 22 Experts MetaTrader 4
Hey gang. I've spent a bunch of time google searching and can't come up with a solid answer. How can I load custom time frames into the strategy tester? I'd like to test my EA on the 2m timeframe. Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
  freeze level  (8)
Hi, I have a question about freeze level. According teh below line from teh documentation, you cannot modify a market order if sl or tp is withinn freeze level distance from teh market price. " An order cannot be modified, if the execution price of its StopLossor TakeProfit ranges within the...
  Trail  (4)
adding Trailing is not working ,please your help will be appreciated. input bool UseTrailingstop= true ; {Trail(Trailingstop,MinProfit,Trailstep); for ( int x= 0 ;x<= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ;;x++) bool r= OrderSelect (x,SELECT_BY_POS); intMagicNumber=OrdermagicNumber(); orderType=OrderType(); if
Hi I found a video with an Indicator I liked and took a screenshot of the code. When I tried to replicate it in MetaEditor it wouldnt compile, asked the videos owner but havent heard back yet. My plan is to make an Indicator from this that displays the up and down movement, ie subtracting the
Please I need who can help me add notification to my indicator when it crosses
hello dear i m using EA in my MT4 with IC market broker ....i got 2 warning emails about hyperactive issue , they saying lower your server messages pls guide me how can i do that it will big help for me pls waiting for your kind reply
Unable to publish EA because of this error. Please help
Hi all! Such a problem: I connected a custom indicator to the adviser via #resource, everything works fine except for OnTick(), this function does not work stupidly. As soon as I turn off the indicator, OnTick() starts working... Maybe someone has come across this? ...And, unfortunately, there is
[Deleted]
  MT4 or MT5 ?  (16   1 2)
Which platform is best suited for beginners or new traders entering into forex for the first time
Any idea that allows to control the opening new order below the allowable spread of compiled ea (no source code) from another utility ea
Simple little indicator that patiently waits for one of the hotkeys, then draws the fib levels on either the current or previous bar. Useful if you briefly need to see the levels, without having to drag the fibo indicator onto the bar manually. Also a couple of other little hotkeys some might find
Hello fellow traders, I am developing an ea that opens a lot of orders but only open buy order if their is a buy order opened already what i want is the next order to open it has to be  at price above the last opened price if that makes sense. and vice versa for sell that's a code i tried but it...
When I go to Insert>Indicators>Oscillators and select the Relative Strength Index indicator I get the the OnBalance Volume indicator. Where is the file that contains these built in functions so I can go to another instance of MT4 and copy it to the corrupted file? Or can I reinstall MT4 without
  open file to append  (11   1 2)
hi, i am writing up a log file from an EA. if the EA is restarted i want it to carry on writing to the same file... but append to the end of the file. initially this did not work for me, so i searched the forum and found https://forum.mql4.com/13774. i applied the directions there and my init()...
The idea was to see if one could use an indicator buffer color as a color for a text object,. Why can't you use the #property indicator_colorN for text objects other than initially? Initially, it works! And, as for example you have a moving average line and a text object using indicator_color1 and...
Morning all, Quick question, is there a way in which to make text bold in, for example, in the bodies of SendMail() or MessageBox functions? Cheers
Hi, I am planning to run several MT4 EAs on laptop with VPS. I assume that the most important thing to look at is processor speed (Ghz), number of cores, RAM and cache
I am using some CLabel insrtances in my EA and, while they work fine, I have not been able to make them stay in the desired time/price position when I re scale the chart o resize the chart window. I have been checking the CORNER and ANCHOR attributes but not sure if this is what I am looking for
I downloaded MT4 and it created a demo account for me. I would like to add my broker (LegoMarket LLC) so I can download its history. I am not sure how to do this. When I try to open a new account only Metaquotes Software is listed under servers. The is not green button to add another server. When I
Hi all. Is there a way to prevent MT4 from modifying the URL specified in the link property (#property link) when the user click it through the indicator's About tab? It messes up the URL by adding some parameters behind the URL. Thanks.
  robbed on MT4  (1)
I was robbed on Meta Trader 4 for $ 140,000! Is it possible to recover this money because MT4 is not responding to the lists, just disconnected my account and reset my account :(