MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1117

I have read the book, the documentation and now reading some of the code base to learn more. I am coding lightly, but feel I'm just not getting it all fast enough. I understand I'm a new programmer, and know little with little experience, however I seem to have trouble designing code. Mainly because...
Hi, I have a trading system. Which is doing extremely well. It requires atleast 500K USD investment. I am looking for hedge funds to incorporate it. It trades across 28 currnecy pairs simultaneously. Typical equity curve is given in the below link. Please let me know if any hedge fund interested in...
If I want to modify a trade stoploss on a buy trade with a simple Ask - 0.0012 for example I am obviously leaving myself exposed for the trade to fail. Ok, if I want to ensure I do not get an error then I must consider the Spread, the Stoplevel and the freezelevel. (is there anything else I need to...
Hello. Is there some function to change lots quantities without having to select one by one? I mean, a function to say: open with 5 lots. If price falls to 1.2000, change number of lots to 2. Thanks in advance trader201 Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento....
[Deleted]
Any Idea why #56336942, the first pending order returns a 133 trade is disbled? Market order is placed just before the first pending order and works fine. The second pending fails with Invalid SL so trading is not disbled anymore? The SL/TP is 0, just like the first market order that worked? Maybe...
  bar time problem  (2)
I was wondering what might be the best way to identify the open time of the bar the last order from the order history pool closed on. I need to do this so to identify which of the other orders in the history pool were closed on the same bar as the last order. I already coded to identify the last...
[Deleted]
  MT4 Problems  (1)
Hi I'm using MT4 on Windows XP SP3 running under Parallels Desktop 6 on a MacBook Pro. Although I can launch MT4 and connect to my trader server and account, I'm facing these problems: 1) I'm unable to change the period. By default it's on H4, and I'm unable to change to any of the other periods....
[Deleted]
  Simple Question  (2)
If I am interested in finding the price of a moving average -5 bars back instead of the current bar would I change the shift number to do it like below? MA1 = iMA(NULL,0,MA_Period,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,-5); Ultimately I'm trying to find the price space between two points on a moving average so I
[Deleted]
Hallo, since i have installed the 402 version, my EA works lika a charm, now it don't open orders 'cause MT4 don't reach the event 'Minute()' try this: int start() { bool time_signal; string trade_min; if(Minute()<20) { time_signal = true; trade_min = "trade_min = true"; } else {...
Test run from 13 May 2011 to 7 Sept 2011. Know it is short period but planning to calibrate every week to latest data to deal with new market dynamics Bars in test106905Ticks modelled14358974Modelling quality25.00%Mismatched charts errors0Initial deposit10000.00Total net profit30255.79Gross...
I would like to display the pip of symbol. i want to know how i look at the screen to apply. However, Without specifying symbol in code Is there any way to judge what is symbol pip(0.0001) automatically?
[Deleted]
i've been doing an EA until now when i realised something simple that seems to be importanthow does an expert advisor work?it only run the code we programmed every tick / price move? or just does it run every new bar come out? or every seconds?
Hi guy, I have a problem and I dont see the solution. I have realized some EAs on a MT4 platform and they run very well together. Then, I realized new EAs on a second MT4 platform and also they run very well together. Then, I decided to put all the EAs in a single MT4 platform, one platform for all...
[Deleted]
  script request  (1)
hi i am looking for the following specific scripts buy at market must have the following input options. 1. lot-size : 0.01 ...... this is not to be a permanant setting. this is a setting that must be numerical. 2. lot-increase ... 0 this setting will be used to increase the lot size if...
[Deleted]
Hello someone can help me? I would like to make a simple script that opens a buy when the price breaks up the day before and opening a sell when the price breaks the low of the previous candle. I just want to set the stop loss and take profit, do not want any other control. Thanks
[Deleted]
I want my ea work with wpr.And I want it work when previous high is -1 for examle then when it goes -99 buy,or last down is -99 when it goes -1 sell..
[Deleted]
[Deleted]
  Catching a reversal or correction  (395   1 2 3 4 5 ... 39 40)
I would like to suggest that you consider one of the many quite working patterns that portend a reversal or correction.Everything looks quite clear and simple.We observe some movement accompanied by constantly going down or up in zigzags.But is it possible to calculate this level? I have seen many
Can someone help me with my iMAOnArray? Where I am having problems, is getting my upper and lower indicator lines to print. When I run my ResBuffer array through the iMAOnArray, I do not get any numbers or results. #property copyright "Copyright © 2011, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property...
My problem is that I have some EA's that I do not have the mq4 file for. They work very well when the market is trending but VERY bad when it is not. I would like to be able to enable/disable the EA's based on the angle of a moving average. I would also need to be able to close any open or pending...
[Deleted]
my ea doesnt work good on straight ups or downs.So I want it to buy at least one hour, for example,later the last buy.
Hello, I'm a newbie here, and know just a little bit about mql4 programming. Therefore, I would like to ask, if is it posibble to make one indicator with two different deviation ? I've got two indicator, and I've check the coding for both of them, they have the same coding, only for one difference...
[Deleted]
Since a few days it appears that everytime I want to place a market order or close one, the metatrader tells me that my request is getting done... and there it stays forever. as soon as i click: cancel and repeat the request, the trading context is already in use. so i have to close metatrader and...
[Deleted]
Can some one give me the piece of code that i can add to my EA that would allow my EA to trade manually drawn lines, i already have the EA but i would like to add this feature.
  iCustom()  (4)
Hi, How do I use the mama-indicator in my EA, e.g what arguments do I enter iCustom????) http://www.greattradingsystems.com/MAMA-metatraderindicator. Thanks
Hello Everyone, I need a quick change to a code that I have and I was wondering if someone could help me. CURRENTLY Right now the code is a modified martingale. Every time the EA goes in the opposite direction, it will add on a new position in the opposite direction. However, if it goes in the...
[Deleted]
1. If a many symbol EA is run [on any chart] and begins applying system on many symbols - we get many orders... duh (bear with me :-) Since the EA works 24/7 their will be periods when the 'attached to chart' does not get good frequency of data tics. IE, the EA will be unable to effectively manage
[Deleted]
Hola. Please who can i place one and just one pending order (buy limit or sell limit) when an order is closed(buy or sell) withe the open price of this order closed. The problem that i have is that i m wrote a code but when executing in program my EA place more thane one order. int cnt,hs =...
In this code I want to test what the values are for the Orderprofit but "OrderOpenPrice() - OrderClosePrice()" just shows 0, why?, isn´t these values not avalible in the demo version or what? (The code below is just a simple code with 3 seconds between OrderSend and OrderClose to illustrate the...
As soon as another grail is found, there are sanctions from SC (change of spread, quoter change, etc.) that bring the whole grail to naught. Are there any methods to fight with CCs? ))