General - page 952

In MT5 there are some minor extra features / settings .... the relationship though between the zoom level used for the main graph and the line thicknesses on the indicators graphs is not as good as MT4. In MT4 when you zoom out the indicator line thickness maintains some balance with the main graph...
I want to make something similar to Print(arg1, arg2, ...) Is it possible or do I need to make n overloaded functions to essentially accomplish the same thing?
If you don't initialize your members and your class assumes a NULL or zero implicit initialization then you're going to get intermittent bugs. Members that aren't explicitly initialized get whatever value they get (not always NULL)
The widespread transition of brokers to the multi-asset HFT MetaTrader 5 platform is well under way, also in Turkey. In recent months, several large companies in Turkey announced the launch of the new product for their traders, including the Istanbul broker Info Yatirim. This confirms the interest...
  Help Please!  (2)
Hi, my developer is not responding. Today will be the 6th day that he has not visited the job forum. What should I do about this? Thank you to anyone who responds.
Hi everyone, Can someone be so kind to make me understand whether there is a relationship between compile time and the performance of an expert advisor/indicator.
how do i delete indicators on mt5?  thanks
  MT5 backtest  (1)
Hello! I would like to know how do I perform a backtest on MT5 based on bollinger bands. I would like that the MT5 backtest tool tell me when the price touches the BB upper line or lower line, then open an order to opposite side to five minutes then close the order. Is it very hard to do? Im new on...
Hello All, I really wanna test the software, how can I add Es eminis future symbol to MT5 pls ? thanks for any help.
  Growth changed  (7)
Hi all, just found some interesting issue on few signal providers,the growth previously were showed 90% on June( Checked on 3/7/2017), however for current visit to the signal provider site it showed only 2.6% (4/7/2017) is that possible? and what makes that happened
Hello there and pardon my ignorance, Is there an easy way to access vectors in MQL5 (suchs as in R or Matlab) in one go or do you have to use for-next loops to access each individual point in the vector/array? In other words, can I download closing prices from two symbols (say last 10 candles) in...
Rules set for the month of May Previous topic with rules: Sparring on MetaQuotes-Demo demo accounts
My setup for the MT4 email alerts was fine and both the test email and test notifications are delivered. and later I receive few emails and notification fine. then it will stop and I won't receive any more notifications. when  I restart the mt4 I will receive old (pending) emails then it stops. I...
I have a small problem with the operator "/" I have no compilation problems but this counters block me the strategy tester // Global scopeint A=0;int B=0;int Total=0;double Percent=0;int start() { // my code Percent= (A*100)/Total;} If not insert /Total code works otherwise no
Been searching for the answer to this but can't find the answer - a lot of different opinions. Does anyone know if it's possible to code a non-repaint version of it, or even if one exists already? Sorry if this is a stupid question (I don't code). Thanks a lot.
I make a back testing on my algo and the repor looks as follow. It makes positive return. But the period is fro m2016.06.01 to 2017.06.23. Isn't too less?
  Abitration  (1)
How do I go about abitration?
#property copyright "none"#property link      "https://www.eof.com"#property version   "1.00"#property description   "r"#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers   1#property indicator_plots   1#property indicator_color1  Blue#property indicator_type1   DRAW_LINEinput int...
Hello, I am trying to write two values into a CSV file each time the tester stops . So, during the optimization, there are multiple values written for several passes. This is like exactly as I want but I have a different problem: As per the documentation ( testing_agent_directory\MQL5\files in case
some people say you can't predict the future, so the market is a random walk,but then how can one profit if it assumed you can't predict the future?
Please, someone could tell me why I always have this in the Journal: Signal-connecting to signal server Signal-connecting to signal server I cannot connect! I activated all permission also in Signal task, please if you know tell me! I used alpari and robotforex, with different signals, but...
Hi, I realized a nasty error in mt4: string strEmpty, strCompare = "lkjhsadslkjh";if ( StringFind(strEmpty, strCompare) < 0 ) strEmpty = strEmpty +";"+ strCompare; As strrEmpty is empty (not initialized) mt4 throws the error 4052 (= ERR_STRING_FUNCTION_INTERNAL: String function internal error) If I...
Good afternoon I tried to log into my account and go to my jobs under freelance and I keep getting an error 500. Does anyone know what this means and how.I can did of it.please Many thanks
Hello, i want to program an expert advisor which base on a two in one indicator. The moving average should base on a renko-chart. So that you can understand what i mean, here a picture: How can i write the code in MQl5 so that the moving average base on the renko-chart and not on the price chart....
Hello mql programmers may you assist by converting the attached mql4 fiji trend indicator to mql5.
Hi guys Can anyone introduce a reference to mql5 coding for beginners . Any help will greatly be appreciated
I would like to discuss the new functionality in more detail with examples of how to use it. If you open the MQL5 editor, you will see a new folder called SERVICES that promises new features! To be honest, I haven't noticed which version it has appeared since
Greed or FearOver AnalysisOver TradingImpulse/Revenge TradingRisking too much on a single tradingNot having a trade journalHaving no goalsNot following your Trading SystemSome other
Hi All, I am trying to provide the account details for MT5 through a configuration file but experience issues with this. The .INI (config.ini) file is something to this (other properties are intentionally omitted):...