General - page 1946

Hi Here is what the dictionary sais: double Point Point value for the current chart. OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,0,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,Red); Does it means TICK or PIP? I'll appreciate a comprihansive explanation if possible. 10x. Ivo
Hi guys Is it possible to add a pips P/L column in the trades window? Just the pip difference between open price and current price. Please note I'm not asking for pips P/L as (pip diff * lots), right? I would find that feature a lot helpful, and think it should not be so difficult to add.....
I am hoping somebody could help me to add some Elliot Wave indicators to my MT studies. 1. Elliot Wave oscillator (EWO) Parameters: hasn’t parameter. Calculation: EWO (i) = MVA((high + low) / 2, 5) - MVA((high + low) / 2, 35). 2. Elliot Wave trend (EWTREND) Parameters: N - number of periods, TR -
hi MetaEditor4 missing context menue Dictionary... :(
I've tried to use the sample from the help ObjectCreate("text_object", OBJ_TEXT, 0, T'2004.02.20 12-30', 1.0045); and got following error: '2004.02.20 12-30' - more than 1 symbol H:\Programs\tools\4x\MetaTrader\experts\myFile.mq4 (91, 55) Why? Ivo
Hi all, I have custom indicators designed to work on Meta 3.85 , any one can help to convert it to work on the new virgin of meta 4 , I tried to do it using the wizard in Meta 4 but it's not working , if any one one know I will appreciate it
Hi is the following for loop allowed? If not, do i skip inside the loop in that case? for (int i=limit; i>=0; i=i-barsPerDay) { ... } tia, Fermin DCG
Hi, I'm trying to draw a small (part of) a line between two points using the following code. ObjectCreate("P line", OBJ_HLINE, 0, Time[40], 1.6395, Time[0], 1.6395); It does however show the whole line not just part of it. Could someone please tell me what i'm overlooking\ doing wrong. tia...
I've two: 1. how could I possition the pointer at the end of the file? 2. how to append writing to a file? Ivo
MetaTrader 4. Build 171. 1. Fixed chart "freezing" effect; 2. Increased the global variables lifetime up to 4 weeks from last using time. Now you can modify the last access time of global variable from your MQL4 program just by reading operation; 3. Updated commission displaying on "Account History"...
What's new in MT 4.0 Build 171??
Hi Does anybody knows how could I open a log file without closing the MT terminal? It's nice that a Print function exists, but my MT logs are locked until terminal client is open. Are yours also locked? Is there any why to read log contents without closing the terminal? Do I miss something? Ivo
I was getting this error message in my Journal: "TradeDispatcher: all trade context is busy" After rebooting my computer, didn't see the error anymore. Just wonder what could cause this type of error? Also is there any documentation provided to give you list of possible error messages, and their...
Do anyone of you guys have a code to enable the price quotes and account histories to be viewed via wap so that one can offer it via his own website, much like the wap site of MetaQuotes? I have a set of codes given by the people from MetaQuotes and they worked before. but when we transferred to a...
We started new version of our WAP site You can watch Forex quotes and Indexes prices realtime. Also you can watch equity of your account on our MetaTrader 4 Demo-server (with viewing details of each opened orders). You can use our WAP-site through any mobile phone that supports WAP (and even without...
can't log on. is meta trader active at 01019 gmt 5/31?
Hi, Can you please elaborate how the top and bottom channel lines are calculated for the linear regression channel. Is it a standard deviation like the standard deviation channel? Also is it possible to draw the linear regression channel without these channel lines? Maybe a base function in code...
  Multiple trades  (7)
Wonder any of you MT4 experts can help me with this. I've been looking at a very interesting code written for MT3 platform which I fetched from Moneytec forum, and is called AlwaysInPlay. The reason I found the code interesting is because it can open many trades for different currency pairs. But...
i have problem programming not get long on a trade above the last two numbers above 85 through 15 or short with the last two below 15 through 85. Close = x.xx15 Close = x.xx85 how filter last two numbers in MQL ?
At this step , I have : double var double var1 var = Formula; now I want to have var1 = previous value of Formula If Formula was an Array such as High I would just write var1 = High[1] But writing var1 = Formula[1] is not recognized. who could help ? Thanks In general, the question is :...
  MQL Code Maker  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
Hey, Now besides live testing fxfisherman and tweaking main systems, I have some time to spare, so I'd like to create a useful piece of software for all traders. I'm thinking of creating a MT Expert Code Maker for non-programmers which lets them create experts without the need of programming skill
Yesterday went to the countryside, was sitting there in a house on the hill, drinking hot tea, looking at the river valley and thinking about different things. So here is a question, what combined most of the succesfull and rich people? They came up with new ideas. 1).Einstein came up with his...
Hi, For all of us that use discretionary methods, would be nice to have an option (right-click) over the graph to setup an alarm (sound, e-mail, box) when the prices gets a certain point, so we don't have to check all the time the chart waiting for the price to go to that point. Regards, Fernando
Hi, I am having problems with the loading of the editor. It just takes forever to open up. Has anyone else had this problem. I have deleted the registry keys and cleaned out alot of old scripts but still no help. What can I do? Pedro
Hello I cannot find any working example about OBJPROP_XDISTANCE. I would like to position and arrow ObjectSet(up_ar, OBJPROP_ARROWCODE, SYMBOL_ARROWUP); above the last high or below the last low bar. Here is what i'm trying: ObjectCreate(up_ar, OBJ_ARROW, 0, iTime(NULL, 0, 0),...
Hello Everyone! I've been hunting for a Pivot calculator which displays the pivot for everyday and that allows the user to set the time for the calculation: 0GMT, NY close... The topic is partially discussed with fellow mebers at the link below. "Thomas DeMark Pivot Lines" Thanks for any help!...
  LastTradeTime  (1)
In mql II, to wait 5min. before opening new trades: if CurTime - LastTradeTime < 300 Then Exit; Any idea how to do it in MT4? TIA.
Hi, I am looking for a simple system to trade the Dow Jones . I have been using candle stick analysis but would like something more mechanical. For example, FIBS and/or MA combos would be more suited for my style of trading. I have searched the net but as yet have not come across a FREE system. If
After much deliberation i decided to jump in and get to grips with the mt4L. Whilst trying to go through some code and 'whipping' something up i was left with the following (initial) questions. 1. When i pull up a chart on EUR\USD and set it to 1H, how do i (using an indicator\ expert) put in a
How do I retreive the parameters for expert advisors.. I have found some of them in 'Common Functions' but not all seem to be there.. for example, whether long, short or both? Thanks,