General - page 1908

RSX Swinger EA  (12   1 2)
This EA comes from: http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332 Around 270 pips profit for a month of trading days in live demo account on the eur/usd. setup: SL and TP to 100. H1 chart Put RSX Swinger 1p3 EA.mq4 in expert folder and rsx.mq4 in indicator folder Can be attached only on 1...
  MQL4 bug??  (7)
I wrote a MQL4 program which buys and sells currencies based on RSI indicator. I found a bug in the software, after each trade, it is resetting program variables to default values specified in the program instead of reusing input parameters specified at runtime
It seems there are hardly any dealers that are fully live on MT4. Some have it, but are only recommending demo accounts because of all of the bugs (their words, not mine). The EAs that I've tried all get errors making simple calls (global variables, OrderSend, etc..) It seems this whole platform...
Hello, I am running an expert and i keep getting Error (146) Tred Context Busy, what does that mean? Also this is causing for the orders not to go through. Please help Thanks
  Qq Ea  (28   1 2 3)
This EA was described in Alpari forum from October this year. Author (RamilT) posted the statements (backtesting) all the time and everybody saw that this EA is really great and as simple as good. People asked him to post this EA and finally he did it. So, please find: - The EA (qq). - And the...
  ReshetovExpert  (11   1 2)
Any comments? I mean that this EA is too good in backtesting ...
*Update: Ooops...did not realize the strategy tester consumed so much processing power. Mine is peaked at 100% full time when back testing on a Pentium 4 1.8ghz w/512gb Ram. InterbankFX seems to conflict with MS Outlook as I noticed it has problems synching with the server while running back test....
I am struggling with getting my coding to work. If I am using an oscillator with 2 lines that moves around the zero line, how do I programme in MetaTrader4 for the line to change colour when line A is above line B and > zero line and similarly display a different colour when it is < zero ? thanks
  Newbie question  (8)
Id like to know how can I use or run .mql files. i keep seeing files with extension like this. What are these files for and how can i use this in MT4? Thanks. PS. THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!
  I Need Help!!!  (1)
Hi guys . pals I want help to now abut the expert how to do my, On strategy . thanks
Hi guys, I've got a question about Vegas Tunnel Method. Does anybody know how to deal with the market chops around the tunnel? What kind of indicators do you use? I couldn't understand how 12ema worked, what its signals were... THANK YOU IN ADVANCE REGARDS
  multiple screens  (2)
Hi all. I have two monitors and would like to move some charts to the second screen. do you know how to do that? can I detach a chart and move it outside the MT bounds? Another solution could be opening a second MT instance, but it seems that it is not possible. Any thoughts?
I've tried searching for this, but I can't find an answer.... Can somebody tell me how to get the total value of all currently open positions. If I understand correctly, AccountProfit() gives the total profit/loss for the account as a whole. I just want the total profit/loss of open positions...
Hi folks, I've created a dll enable you to save your files outside the MetaTrader 4\experts\files You can download it with the source code (VC++ & MQL4) from here: http://www.forex-tsd.com/showthread.php?t=386
I'm new to this forum. I've posted a message, and was a little confused by that i couldn't see an "edit" button on my post. If i want to correct something in future, how can I do that?
  BTSystem - ASCTrend System  (12   1 2)
I know the logic of Ablesys ASCtrend-1 bars colouring. It's simple. Thera are 2 ways of the same idea: 1. Red bar when Williams' %R oscillator (which domain is [0, -100]) goes below -67% and blue bar when it goes over -33%. 2. 9-period channel (but i don't know which flavour of averaging was used...
I am newbie here. Please be gentle. I want to create one simple arrow (any shape is fine).. on the current candle bar (one on the HIGH and another on its LOW).. I know it could be simple, kindly post MQ4 SAMPLE code. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I want to pass the following string to a DLL. The string is: TB_PlaceOrder("" , "SELL", Lots1tb, "EURUSD", 0 , 0 , "MARKET", 0 , 0 , "", "Rod", "Hurricane", "Euro"); Firstly, can I pass a string to a DLL? Or does it have to be in the form of an array? Thanks for help...
  Tech Problems  (2)
Hi!! I have tech problems with my MT4 platform. It says "No connection". Do you know Mig's (http://www.migfx.ch/) IP? And another one: http://www.northfinance.com) IP? Do you know what can be done to solve that "No connection"? Thank you! Nina
  memory leak  (2)
I was running two demo accounts on my computer, and I noticed that each process was taking up about 250MB of virtual memory...each! Peak Mem Usage was realtively low, about 50MB each. VM was astronomical. Anyone else experience this?
http://fxovereasy.50webs.com/Home.html This is the link to the page which describes so called forexovereasy trading system..I've never heard about EA for that system..so i don't know if one exists..
Just curious.. ForEx forums are flooded with 100s of Indicators, mostly are updated MQ4 standard. How many of them are having most of all Indicators, if they do have them all.. How many are put into real-time use, to make profits. Please post those fine indicators, the reason you have them on your...
I am newbie here. Please be gentle. I want to create one simple arrow (any shape is fine).. on the current candle bar (one on the HIGH and another on its LOW).. I know it could be simple, kindly post MQ4 SAMPLE code. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am trying to pass the following string to an external DLL but can't do this as I do not know how to convert the string for export into an array for passing. This is what I want to send to the external DLL.... TB_PLACEORDER( , BUY, 6.0 , eurusd, , , MARKET, 0 , 0 , , Rod, Hurricane,...
It would be nice to have a way of running scripts without attaching to a chart, such as have a self-contained seperate windows-form to manage/run ea's from. Like a dashboard of sorts. maybe even a slimmed down client that only runs ea's and nothing else. the user could select which ea's to enable...
  StepMAs  (41   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, Mates!! I'm working hard with StepMas. I've been trading with them for a long time now. They are gorgeous. When there is a cross, you get always some pips. But you must be quick: speed counts here. They can be traded from TF5 to TF30. TF30 is very important: it tells you, for instance, if a
Dear MQ4 coders.. I am newbie. Felt very happy to see power of MQ codes & indicators. I would appreciate, if someone post a sample code for the following situations. Thanks in advance. for ex. "MODE_EMA" values 10, 20.. I need a code sample with alert, if possible when EMA 10 (value1) crosses EMA 20
Finally found a great MQL4 free tutorial : https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.forex-tsd.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25 Please feed back me with your comment
Hello, The logic that I've been trying to implement in my Expert requires a time delay of several hours after I enter a trade (once I enter a trade, I want the Expert to totally ignore whatever happens to the currency for a few hours, then upon waking from its sleep, it will take action). I've...
  E-ASEClose Expert from KIMIV  (26   1 2 3)
Here is KIMIV's newest expert. So far great results. I was just able to add the trailing stops today and have not tried it. I am including 2 different stops ea's to use the one you like, open the e-aseclose expert and change the #include ,or #include *******Note use only one******** The ea is set...